Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Former Australian Test bowler Stuart MacGill has been charged over the supply of a commercial quantity of cocaine that led to his alleged kidnapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The ABC says it was a 'large commercial quantity' which is the highest legal category in NSW. I wonder how much it was

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I used to get kebabs made using zataar bread if they did it. loving rules.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Seems like more of a Shane Warne thing to do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caedes posted:

There's a place local to me in Melbourne, Third Wave Cafe, that did exactly this:

Third Wave are loving great. Expensive as gently caress, but their pork ribs are delicious.

If you haven't been, get yourself the Ribsy Burger, and add pulled pork to it. You'll eat like a king on a selection of most of their smoked meats, with leftovers to spare.

As an FYI if you see "Charcoal Pit Burgers" on delivery services (Doordash, Menulog, etc), that's also them.

Caedes
Aug 30, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Third Wave are loving great. Expensive as gently caress, but their pork ribs are delicious.

If you haven't been, get yourself the Ribsy Burger, and add pulled pork to it. You'll eat like a king on a selection of most of their smoked meats, with leftovers to spare.

As an FYI if you see "Charcoal Pit Burgers" on delivery services (Doordash, Menulog, etc), that's also them.

I went in for the bottomless breakfast recently and the food was great but also they were pretty snappy with refilling drinks. Recommend.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

No gape or ring 4/10

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ron 'not Hitler' Barassi died. This is a generational divide happening in front of our faces. Kids born now will not understand TISM properly. We're officially old and out of touch now people.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Hey gently caress you, ive been old and out of touch for at least the last 7 years

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
:tif:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
2024/25 Fire season is gonna be real bad.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Not if everything burns this summer roll safe dot JPG.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

wow, things are looking up for albo and labor

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Inceltown posted:

Ron 'not Hitler' Barassi died. This is a generational divide happening in front of our faces. Kids born now will not understand TISM properly. We're officially old and out of touch now people.

wtf have you got a source bc google isnt turning up anything under his real name or rhb

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

wtf have you got a source bc google isnt turning up anything under his real name or rhb

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-16/afl-legend-ron-barassi-dies-aged-87/102865272

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's not the TISM member but actual Barassi.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Whoforthenwhat posted:

We have to survive 2023/2024 fire season first.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Lolie posted:

We have to survive 2023/2024 fire season first.

And the 23/24 Cyclone Season, those above-average sea temperatures are gonna fuel some monsters

Higgins has sea temps as 1.5 - 3 degrees above average, and summer sea temps in early spring. As well as land temps up to 15 above average for the next week.
Good stuff.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This loving country. Even the god drat birds hate the cyclists. There is no way we're getting off oil.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Inceltown posted:

This loving country. Even the god drat birds hate the cyclists. There is no way we're getting off oil.

Those are just magpies. They're bastards.

There is a reason Collingwood chose them as their mascot.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My magpies were nesting last month. The way they've been foraging lately I assume they currently have hungry babies.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I reckon anyone who doesn't love the noble Magpie is a right oval office.

E: If you have lost an eye to one, then I suppose it's ok to not like them.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
shouldn't have left your succulent eyeballs where the magpies could get them

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A well-fed magpie is a friendly magpie.
Use proper insectivore-balanced food

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You're gonna have to catch the bugs yourself because mine won't touch the mealworm they sell at supermarkets. If I put a pile of them over some random bug in my garden they'd dig through a thousand dead mealworms to get that one bug.

But yes you shouldn't feed wild birds like they're pets. Toss them a scrap of meat from time to time but magpies need chitin in their diet.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

A well-fed magpie is a friendly magpie.
Use proper insectivore-balanced food

Sometimes I dig up these fat white grubs when I'm gardening and put 'em in the fridge. They seem dead, but they wake up when you warm them up in your hand.

The magpies really like 'em.

This dude likes to just chill and hang out.

No Enucleation and Evisceration for me!

:smug:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You're gonna have to catch the bugs yourself because mine won't touch the mealworm they sell at supermarkets. If I put a pile of them over some random bug in my garden they'd dig through a thousand dead mealworms to get that one bug.

But yes you shouldn't feed wild birds like they're pets. Toss them a scrap of meat from time to time but magpies need chitin in their diet.

Wet an area in your yard and cover it with a board. When the magpies show up, lift the board to provide them with an instant banquet.

"My" magpies showed up with their juveniles just now and complained that the bird baths were empty. Time to break out the Wombaroo.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I tried the Mealworms from Petmart. Yeah nah.

I got a worm farm, but they will not have a bar of my filthy loving earthworms.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/Ben_Domensino/status/1703965598349513185

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

That honestly seems way past the point where it becomes too dire to bother with

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I was there in august and guthega was pretty bare.

All of Perisher was ice in the morning, nice sugary cover for maybe an hour once it was all kinda carved up, and then slushy and wet by 12-1pm.

Fun in some instances but yeah. Might have a break from the snow next season. Looking real grim.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

That honestly seems way past the point where it becomes too dire to bother with

That's pretty dire indeed. A tiny patch of it. I wonder if there is a no refunds on ski tickets/passes. Was bad even in August and that's meant to the best time to go.

I'd just ditch the ski gear and go hiking or hang out at the lake in Jindy.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The real solution is to take a plane to Queenstown and ski NZ. No I have no idea why NZ is getting bad ski seasons too, I'm not a snowologist.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Can you name your baby ‘Methamphetamine Rules’ in Australia?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
It's a conspiracy perpetrated by Stuart Diver's new world order

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Meth, Goonbag and Durries! Dinners ready!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Inceltown posted:

The real solution is to take a plane to Queenstown and ski NZ. No I have no idea why NZ is getting bad ski seasons too, I'm not a snowologist.

I'm a loving Snowologist mate.

Here's my take.

Antarctica is the main driver of weather down here in the Southern Hemisphere.

New Zealand gets its weather from Antarctica. Same as us.

Antarctica has hit a tipping point and the Antarctic Sea Ice is not forming like it used to. The ocean and land temps are going through the roof down there.

Every Antarctic scientist is freaking out.

Here are some pictures for you.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

lmao Kirstin Drysdale owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Not surprised Antarctic scientists are freaking out. The ice also acts as a mirror to reflect the sunlight, less ice, less reflection, more heat, warmer sea, which means less ice and more heat and round it goes.

All good 'this is fine on fire.jpg'