Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

all anime art is good

I put myself in an anime art generator and it looked bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I put myself in an anime art generator and it looked bad

that's not art

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

all anime art is good

it peaked at gdgd fairies and you are just afraid to admit it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Is this Direct going to stop people from acting like turn-based RPGs are dead or are we cursed to keep hearing that for another 6 years
another indie dev puts out a competently made average jRPG that gets mild visibility

ign, polygon, gamespot etc: 'The first great RPG since Chrono Trigger is finally here'

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Barudak posted:

The only good era of anime art is whatever you the viewer grew up with.

No I grew up with the original artsyle, it's just a kind of ugly game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the psp star ocean remake art just kind of sucks on most levels. it's not that having a simpler art style would be a bad thing for the game it's just... not an interesting or well-drawn take on that idea lol

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

the psp art looks mondo flat vs the other two

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Wandering Sword is OUT

I am saturated with games right now but if anyone does get it, please let me (us) know how it is. Especially the translation?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what if i pause bg3 play through to play wandering sword instead... that sounds like something i would do...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

another indie dev puts out a competently made average jRPG that gets mild visibility

ign, polygon, gamespot etc: 'The first great RPG since Chrono Trigger is finally here'
Truly the Dark Souls of JRPGs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

all anime art is good

<flashbacks to test creative for advertising campaigns> no, not all of it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It's it's not moving... it could be a manga. I'm just saying.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Wandering Sword is OUT

I am saturated with games right now but if anyone does get it, please let me (us) know how it is. Especially the translation?

I'm still in part of the game that was in the demo but the script seems unchanged. In English it occasionally has pretty awkward phrasing, but it's functional. Certainly much, much better than something like Tale of Wuxia.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I’m a few hours into Baten Kaitos 1 HD and I only have three thoughts

1. Kalas has no loving chill; you cannot grave-rob this lady’s friends before their bodies are even cold, right in front of her, and then act confused that she finds this behavior deeply offensive

2. gently caress that rainbow spider

3. Goddamn, Giacomo’s got hands

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kotaku.png

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

kotaku.png

typical kotaku

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kotaku you have made a great enemy today (me)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clearly SaGa was too interesting for Polygon to handle. The plot should be that there's an evil guy, and he has a buncha henchmen and then you kill all of them and you kill the evil guy and then you get a supermodel girlfriend.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why does troubleshooter have online pvp

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Has anyone dug into Wandering Sword yet? How is the controller support?

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I can't believe I'm gonna get tricked into playing another Star Ocean game

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Anyone played enough Baten Kaitos to report back on its performance? Should I be waiting for a patch?

Edit: Oh my god for 20 years I have been under the impression that SaGa games were action based, not turn based and now I have 30 years of a video game series to play.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 15, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tired Moritz posted:

Why does troubleshooter have online pvp

Because it was originally conceived as an online multiplayer game with an attached single-player story mode, but then they put all their effort and resources into the single-player while the multiplayer withered into nonexistence. And then they were like "oh right, we were supposed to add multiplayer, huh?" So they made that even though by that point they knew no one really wanted it. It was just on their list of things to do before the game could be called finished.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

HellOnEarth posted:

Edit: Oh my god for 20 years I have been under the impression that SaGa games were action based, not turn based and now I have 30 years of a video game series to play.
how

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HellOnEarth posted:

were you thinking of the mana series

because they both spun off from ff spinoffs around the same time

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

roomtwofifteen posted:

I can't believe I'm gonna get tricked into playing another Star Ocean game

It's OK, 2 is the only good one.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I played the Star Ocean demo and it feels really good? Like a 90s anime nostalgia feeling when I never played the original.

I don't quite understand the crafting and the dodge mechanic feels bad but I still want it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/DigitalEclipse/status/1702670424872747304

Whoa

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Ah no stop it I can't handle any more games please stop I'm begging you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HellOnEarth posted:

Anyone played enough Baten Kaitos to report back on its performance? Should I be waiting for a patch?

Wait is Baten Kaitos out?

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Endorph posted:

were you thinking of the mana series

because they both spun off from ff spinoffs around the same time

The Ys series and Magna Carta (which was turn Baer but weird) actually. I worked at a GameStop 20 years ago and there were 8 million PS2 RPGs out at that time and they all got mashed up together.

I am not a clever man.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait is Baten Kaitos out?

Came out either today or yesterday.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 15, 2023

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

big fan of cheese-cube graphics, myself

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Anybody A: playing Wandering Sword, and B: have a suggestion for where to find a relatively easily recruited character who's better than the guy from the starting village? Or at least a good place to find him some more polearm skills? His damage output is just not keeping up.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I find it interesting that SO2 is getting such a big effort remaster. Not complaining at all, I just didn't think it was that popular. When games like FF8 and Chrono Cross got such low effort remasters it kind of sticks out weirdly to me

now do Xenogears for god's sake

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Zereth posted:

Anybody A: playing Wandering Sword, and B: have a suggestion for where to find a relatively easily recruited character who's better than the guy from the starting village? Or at least a good place to find him some more polearm skills? His damage output is just not keeping up.

Haven't recruited either myself yet, but I did see the head of the Martial Arts Club in the city left of start is now recruitable, and the Brocade Rat from the demo shows up in the town east of start after you complete the story quest with the bandits (and presumably will join or gain a large chunk of affection once you complete his quest there).

Otherwise you might want to double-check staff guy's meridians - he starts with a couple hundred unspent points for unclear reasons, so you can fix some of the more blatant holes that way.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Paperhouse posted:

now do Xenogears for god's sake

:hai:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Zereth posted:

Fastest way is just to follow the main quest and head to Wudang.

As for Wei Huo, try doing his quest - you'll have to gift him a couple of the snake eggs to unlock it, unfortunately. I've only done a couple of steps but it looks like it's heading towards powering him up some. [e: Oh yeah, absolutely do this]

Nick Buntline posted:

Haven't recruited either myself yet, but I did see the head of the Martial Arts Club in the city left of start is now recruitable, and the Brocade Rat from the demo shows up in the town east of start after you complete the story quest with the bandits (and presumably will join or gain a large chunk of affection once you complete his quest there).

If you mean the hidden weapons user, he doesn't join after the quest and does in fact leave after giving you another quest in a different region. Not sure if he joins after that one.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 15, 2023

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I have a very specific question.

Does Star Ocean 6 run better if you play the PS4 version on PS5?

I heard the game has frame drops so I was wondering if it worked like Elden Ring where playing the PS4 version would get you stable 60 fps on PS5.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

they seem to be very good friends

hijabi x daisy dukes here is a pretty goated ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Fastest way is just to follow the main quest and head to Wudang.

As for Wei Huo, try doing his quest - you'll have to gift him a couple of the snake eggs to unlock it, unfortunately. I've only done a couple of steps but it looks like it's heading towards powering him up some. [e: Oh yeah, absolutely do this]
Hm. I think I'm better enough I could beat the eggs back out of him. I was wondering what that quest was about.

I have been to Wudang but I'm getting a rotating cast of guys rather than anybody permanent. I did find a good sword lady through a chain starting with the "get 5 toad skins" quest, though, although it took me to some areas where I wasn't really up to fighting two battles in a row without healign to do it.