Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CelticPredator posted:

Did everyone say no to doing that show or what lol

at the very least an entire city did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Chemtrailologist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3bqvOHRQo

Patrick Wilson is back and a possible cameo from Amber Heard.

what did Amber do ?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Collapsing Farts posted:

what did Amber do ?

She poo poo the bed

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard drama has more or less sunk Heard’s career at the moment.

I’m not really invested in that drama, but Heard’s performance in the first film was a weak point while Patrick Wilson was quite good. So, regardless of the behind the scenes reasons, I’m kinda happy with the change in adventuring companions.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I should probably add a bit more context to my post...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Collapsing Farts posted:

what did Amber do ?

Be stinky

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

well why not posted:

People like Fraser but were perfectly happy with it being trapped in the past. It doesn't lend itself to a continuation as well as That 70's Show, which was already stretched pretty thin into That 90's Show.

"Not as ripe for renewal as the show that starred a rapist" is a pretty damning assessment.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well why not posted:

The correct response to "Fraser's son hates him" is not "that's sad". The natural response is "yeah, of course he does."

also estranged parents forcing their way back into their children's lives is an awful trope

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

Did everyone say no to doing that show or what lol

David Hyde Pierce said no, which basically meant they couldn't use Jane Leeves, or they'd have to either kill Niles, have them divorced, or always have an excuse for why he wasn't on screen. John Mahoney passed away, so he was obviously out. Peri Gilpin will apparently be in it in some way, with Roz having moved to Boston for some reason, though no one knows why or in what way. And that's your cast from the original. Oh, and Bebe Neuwirth will be in it, too, but probably just for some guest appearances like last time.

That being said, yeah, that's a bad trailer, for a likely bad show.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

what about the dog?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Slotducks posted:

what about the dog?

I mean, they were already on dog #2 by the end of the last show...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thrawn527 posted:

David Hyde Pierce said no, which basically meant they couldn't use Jane Leeves, or they'd have to either kill Niles, have them divorced, or always have an excuse for why he wasn't on screen.

I mean...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Lobok posted:

I mean...

The Maris jokes aged pretty poorly. I'd hate to see them redo them with Niles.

"Oh look, there's Niles!"
"Is he behind that fat man?"
"...look again."
"Oh my."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wonder if theyre gonna slutshame roz again this time around

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They also do that ID4-2 thing where they recast a once child character for superficial reasons.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

As misjudged as this show is, because even the original Frasier series long outstayed its welcome, all I can take from this trailer is two things:

Kelsey Grammer is 68 and still looks and sounds basically as he always did. He's a little thicker-set, a little greyer, but he carries the age extremely well.

Nicholas Lyndhurst is only 62 and looks like he is 90 and holy poo poo he got loving shafted by age. Even 20 years back him in a suit still looked like a work experience lad pretending to be a grown-up at the office, but now he's turned into someone who looks like he could legitimately be playing Frasier's uncle.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

live with fruit posted:

They also do that ID4-2 thing where they recast a once child character for superficial reasons.

It is weird, because the actor who played Freddie on Frasier is still acting. He was in 14 episodes of Mad Men.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251851/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Parkingtigers posted:

Kelsey Grammer is 68 and still looks and sounds basically as he always did. He's a little thicker-set, a little greyer, but he carries the age extremely well.

Kelsey Grammar is 15 years older in this show than John Mahoney was when the original Frasier started airing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Parkingtigers posted:

As misjudged as this show is, because even the original Frasier series long outstayed its welcome, all I can take from this trailer is two things:

Nicholas Lyndhurst is only 62 and looks like he is 90 and holy poo poo he got loving shafted by age. Even 20 years back him in a suit still looked like a work experience lad pretending to be a grown-up at the office, but now he's turned into someone who looks like he could legitimately be playing Frasier's uncle.

The guy he's drinking beer with is 6 years younger than he is? That's loving shocking.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if you can afford high quality plastic surgery, being an old dude is extremely forgiving

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

Kelsey Grammar is 15 years older in this show than John Mahoney was when the original Frasier started airing.

Kelsey Grammar also wasn't yet 40 when Frasier started, so he's got the sort of reverse-Paul Rudd situation where he's always looked old.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jewmanji posted:

Kelsey Grammar also wasn't yet 40 when Frasier started, so he's got the sort of reverse-Paul Rudd situation where he's always looked old.

Also Martin's whole thing was that he had been shot in the hip and needed a cane and physical therapy. They played into that. Frasier has every reason to still look physically fit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

It is weird, because the actor who played Freddie on Frasier is still acting. He was in 14 episodes of Mad Men.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251851/

He was also a main character on The Magicians.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
he looks old as poo poo wth is wrong with you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
he looks like a snack, yum yum

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Collapsing Farts posted:

he looks old as poo poo wth is wrong with you

We're talking compared to the guy drinking beer next to him, who is apparently 6 years younger than him, and not 20 years older than him.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9v6adJxmq4

Went back to see if Frasier's son was in Cheers.
Hes here in Cheers as a kid, circa 1991. And thats one loving excellent joke.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

thrawn527 posted:

We're talking compared to the guy drinking beer next to him, who is apparently 6 years younger than him, and not 20 years older than him.

And the thing about Nicholas Lyndhurst, is that he was always the Paul Rudd type in that he looked too young for the role he was playing for most of his UK TV career. The dopey younger (adult) brother in Only Fools and Horses, who even though he's already well into his 20s for most of the run still looks and acts like a dumb teen. Then in the '90s he spends 10 years in Goodnight Sweetheart looking far too young to play an adult in a suit in the time travel comedy where he visits WWII London.

I know that "twenty years later" shouldn't really come as much of a surprise, but he genuinely looks like twice that amount of time fell on him. I guess it doesn't help that he always had this high voice, whereas Grammer still has that deep rich baritone growl. Lyndhurst went from appropriately reedy youth to weirdly thin-voiced octagenarian.

Notable that Lyndhurst is the same age as the two actresses who play Roz and Elaine, and they still look great at 62.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

happyhippy posted:

Ha, never saw that clip before, and that really is a top-tier gag.

Also, my heart will forever belong to Lilith, she was the best character and too good for Frasier.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

happyhippy posted:

Yeah, this has always been an excellent gag. I especially love Sam pointing and turning, like, "Did that, uh..."

Side note, this is only 1/9th the appearances Freddie had on Frasier. (The first time I think he was played by a different kid.)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So Freddy is a baby in 1991, so he'd be like 31 now? But is apparently in college?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Frasier looks like he's wearing way too casual clothes in that trailer. Where are the sweater vests and suits?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

well why not posted:

So Freddy is a baby in 1991, so he'd be like 31 now? But is apparently in college?

Jack Cutmore-Scott is 36, so I don't think Freddy's in college anymore. Frasier's now a college professor, though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah that makes sense, he's definitely not a zoomer. So I guess it'll be Frasier pressuring him to have babies or something.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Helluva scary movie remix in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jxS06yWuU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I thought that old dude looked like Richard Kind

Lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wanna see this but most of these kinds of movies always let me down…

Praying that No One Can Save You will be top tier ufo alien content

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

well why not posted:

Was thinking that too.
He's prob staff, seeing the flatmate is working in the coffee shop.
The weird thing is how hes being portrayed as the 'normal' guy.
In Cheers bot Fraiser and Lillith were using 'latest' psychiatrist trends on raising kids.
He should be a broken shell of a person.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/clintworthing/status/1703930985925009753?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE2wUVknVj8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3x9iUL-74w