Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
This is maybe a weird gripe, but I was turned off of Immortals by the player's hand constantly being held out. I'm not even sure why I find that so off-putting, but I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vermain posted:

booyah

we talking classic FF7 or R? i still need to get around to getting back into R one of these days

Classic on Steam. I have R

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I got gifted both Yomi Hustle and FF7 for my birthday heck yeah

Noice. Yomi Hustle looks like it's a blast.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

MajorBonnet posted:

This is maybe a weird gripe, but I was turned off of Immortals by the player's hand constantly being held out. I'm not even sure why I find that so off-putting, but I hate it.

i assume it's supposed to evoke the Gun Aesthetic because you're just firing guns reskinned to look like magic. it's dumb. guns are dumb.

like even this game, which would otherwise look cool as heck, looks really dumb to me because the magic wands are attached to gun grips and poo poo. stop it!! it's dumb!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgz6xzsle0o

i hate the gun aesthetic so much.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

oney loving sucks

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thinking about the person who told me that while FF16 looked cool, they were going to get themself hyped on Immortals of Aveum instead.

Anyway, I beat Armored Core 6 NG++. GOTY no doubt in my mind.

https://i.imgur.com/JKafqxG.mp4

This was what my cool robot ended up looking 95% of the time by the end:

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 15, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only just started NG++, please spoiler that :(

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

spoiler: you fight some robots

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

haveblue posted:

I only just started NG++, please spoiler that :(

Oops, my bad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh is there actual new content in the NG+ (NG++??)

Is this a NieR thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh is there actual new content in the NG+ (NG++??)

Is this a NieR thing

Not on Nier's level, but your second and third passes through the campaign will unlock new gear, missions, and endings

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oney's a smiling friend

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

oney's a smiling friend
he had his fans harass a trans cartoonist i know so he can gently caress off

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

he had his fans harass a trans cartoonist i know so he can gently caress off

Oh, I didn't know that

That sucks a lot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m like halfway through etrian odyssey 3 I think, it is what I wanted from a portable dungeon crawler though ofc I have some gripes, mostly QoL stuff. The plot, such as it is, is good enough, it’s got some curveballs, which is better than I expected. And I started using a character build guide because I unlocked subclasses and got ability fatigue

Still, legend of grim rock and especially legend of grim rock 2 are far superior games. I feel like replaying 2. Like in eo3 exploring a map feels like you’re filling in a page of a colouring book (similar to hated game Dungeon Encounters). In grimrock there are actually cool things to discover

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't dislike those games, feels too far to say I like em. I usually really dig how they look and the directness of the experience and I have bought more of them than I should, but rarely finish em. I feel like if you just jammed some of them into another game with a lacklustre dungeon experience but good everything else, I'd love the synthesis. Animal Crossing but you can go in a cave and now it's Grimrock with Pietro, Ketchup, and Redd

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it has begun
https://twitter.com/FreyaHolmer/status/1702763041123684601

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/alphaINTEL/status/1702717400607559685?s=20

titanfall 3...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lmao that their walkback is, them cautiously dipping their toes into talking to some people, under NDA though

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Blitzed through the Mortal Kombat 1 campaign. The plot is so stupid that it loops back to charming. The final chapter has you pick a character and mow down a bunch of mashup OCs that look like they were designed by 10 year olds before the big fight against Shang Tsung. It's so loving dumb and was likely thought up by some coked up WB exec but I love it so much.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

homeless snail posted:

lmao that their walkback is, them cautiously dipping their toes into talking to some people, under NDA though

the best possible scenario would be unity walks it back enough so that anyone currently in production can get their poo poo out the door, but i don't think there's any saving it past that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the best possible scenario would be unity walks it back enough so that anyone currently in production can get their poo poo out the door, but i don't think there's any saving it past that.

i don't think you would've seen developers coming out the woodwork to loudly announce their imminent departure from unity if there were anything comparably seaworthy for their purposes already, given the gradual decline since the IPO

i'm sure there's some who can afford to swap to something heavier like UE, but the majority right now are holding their breath for a bearable compromise

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You guys are playing Fading Afternoon right?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1687000/Fading_Afternoon/
Just released yesterday, it follows an ill Yakuza who has just been released from a six year stint in prison to find that his criminal family has been almost destroyed. Halfway between river city ransom and Yakuza, I've spent about half my time brutally beating other gang members to death, breaking their arms when they strike at me, grabbing their knives when they lunge and plunging it into their necks, tackling them to the ground before pummeling them so I can take their territory and the other half of the time I'm just wandering around listening to a fantastic lofi style soundtrack, drinking at bars, eating at restaurants and just existing in the world.

I had only played for thirty minutes before I realized what Yeo had done with one of the systems, as soon as a I realized I knew it was going to be a classic. Not sure if it will unthrone Ringo Ishikawa in my eyes as that game means a great deal to me, but goddamn if Yeo isn't trying.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picGx_dwhoU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just beat the last boss of

what I guess was the first act of Inscryption

uh what the gently caress

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:getin:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NEW GAME?

Whhhhhhh

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Inscryptiowns

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Khanstant posted:

Inscryptiowns

One of my all time favorites.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Waffleman_ posted:

NEW GAME?

Whhhhhhh

lol the game owns

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

inscryption has a bit of a soggy back half but is still probably one of the most memorable games i've ever played

might be worth a replay once the season of the witch is upon us, it's some drat fine atmosphere

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The AEW game not coming to gamepass is unfortunate. It's really funny that the game wasn't intended to be on gamepass as far as i know, but because the rumour got started its viewed as the game that's been announced as not being on gamepass rather than a normal videogame that will be releasing at RRP. . Portray it as pro consumer, caving to fan pressure, but importantly I think a game like this which will be a proof of concept more than anything will reap far more long term benefits from being put in as many hands as possible than from a standard release cycle. The visuals and art style wont sell it, but let people play it, generate that buzz, let it be the big thing on gamepass for a month, and you're in a stronger position for the bigger better sexier sequel.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

It's so loving dumb and was likely thought up by some coked up WB exec but I love it so much.

Pretty sure his name is Ed Boon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay some of my friends are fuckin wild I just got gifted BG3

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

happy balday

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I don't know how people marathon through Armored Core 6, after one mission I'm like completely drained and have to take a break to decompress lol.

Just finished the first mission of Chapter 3 and it was such a struggle... when I finally beat it was in a situation I was ready to just give up because I thought I was toast... lmao I missed my assault boost onto the deck of the ship and I thought I was going to take massive fall damage... but thank the PCA for putting a convenient rail on the bottom of their ships, it was like some last-minute rescue Uncharted poo poo lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN8cmGKaua8
(I cut out the 5 minutes of being paused where I was panicking and thinking about how to approach the battle lol)

I guess difficult Fromsoft battles are by their nature memorable because if you're struggling on something and keep dying, when you finally do get it, it's likely to be with you barely alive and with no resources (like this lol) so it accentuates the feeling of going through hell and barely coming out alive

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Those are good friends :cheers:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Waffleman_ posted:

Enjoy the irl brainworms given to you by the game about brain worms tadpoles

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DaveKap posted:

This honestly doesn't make a lot of sense because they're already forcing anyone on ad mediation to use levelplay by October 1st. If you don't, your game doesn't show ads anymore.
Mind you, anyone still on their old ad code is still fine (for now) but a lot of people switched over when Unity very heavily indicated that turning on mediation (which you can't turn off) would make you way more money. (Spoiler: It doesn't.)

In summary, it actually makes little sense that the pricing change was done to force people into using levelplay; they were already doing that.

That older thing is just forcing existing unity-ads customers to switch from the older unity thing to the newer unity thing.

The goal of the fee move is much more anticompetitive. They're trying to force their competitor ad platforms' customers (who still making games on unity's engine) to ditch the competitors (applovin etc) and use unity's built-in ads instead.
Basically their goal is "if you do business with our ad competitors, we will charge enough fees to kill your f2p game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

oney loving sucks