Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ThinkTank posted:

Is there a less useful skill in the history of man than the one that gives you 10kg more carry capacity?

Yeah probably like the one that lets you scan other ships more better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

pretty much every single one of you knew it was going to be anywhere from hot garbage to mediocre so serious question, why did you buy it? Assuming you bought it, of course.

Starfield is on Gamepass

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

pretty much every single one of you knew it was going to be anywhere from hot garbage to mediocre so serious question, why did you buy it? Assuming you bought it, of course.

its free on gamepass

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

MrQwerty posted:

Starfield is on Gamepass

Pretty sure everyone I know is playing it on gamepass instead of buying it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah I should have known it was going to be garbage when it's day one game pass release.

However it still is more of a game than Star citizen

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That isn’t saying much

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sydin posted:

Bethesda has fully embraced that their job is to just make the same template of game over and over and let their gigantic and dedicated modding community do the legwork of wrangling it into something actually interesting.

I think they've said it's something like 1% of the community that ever mods their games at all. So: :lol:

e: woah this thread gained like 3 pages when I was responding

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

However it still is more of a game than Star citizen

Lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

echoing everyone that says it's meh but i'm playing a bunch of it anyway. its just good enough and free due to gamepass. a mile wide and an inch deep is accurate. combat is meh but the gunplay is pretty good. jumping and flying around rules. mind boggling that there's no actual exploration in a space game where you're part of an exploration faction lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also getting fus roh dah pissed me off so loving bad. that part actually made me angry. the rest of it im enjoying well enough to continue on

i also didnt have any hype because i only learned about it like a month before release so i had 0 expectation

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also getting fus roh dah pissed me off so loving bad. that part actually made me angry. the rest of it im enjoying well enough to continue on

i also didnt have any hype because i only learned about it like a month before release so i had 0 expectation

I knew about it since the announcement years ago but as a modern gaymer I've learned to not hype anything I don't know I will absolutely love.
(I also completely forgot about it until a few days before launch lol)

I love darksouls formula so i had no issues hyping eldenring. I loved hollow knight so i have no issues hyping silksong... even though it's taking a decade.

If it's not a hyper focused enjoyment just dont even bother disappointing yourself.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

ElectricSheep posted:

Yeah I thought about buying it and then realized I've got a poo poo load of unfinished games so I just decided to pick up No Man's Sky again

Plus Cyberpunk gets updated next week

Yeah, similar, I wanted to be a space trucker, realized that you must fast travel even in the same solar system, then reinstalled Elite Dangerous on my laptop.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

borefail

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
bg3 is extremely good and very horny. and guess what: the modding scene is going to make it even hornier. i'm talking Penis Type Q on karlach, baby

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

R.L. Stine posted:

bg3 is extremely good and very horny. and guess what: the modding scene is going to make it even hornier. i'm talking Penis Type Q on karlach, baby

Cum and hardsex scenes to be expected.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

boerfail: the journey of elon musk

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
roll for cum: critical fail

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

R.L. Stine posted:

roll for cum: critical fail

Narrator: you last no more than 3 seconds.
The load? Pitiful.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

I scanned all the powers and it's insane how loving lame they are. It's not even just fus roh dah, half the powers are just lazily copied Skyrim shouts. Boo get better material as Bethesda hastily shuffles through cards labeled "whirlwind sprint", "fire breath", "ice breath".

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

R.L. Stine posted:

Even though I don't care much about it, the horny is the only disappointing thing I can say so far about BG3. Right when we crash landed half my party's first interactions were that they wanted to get into my pants. I can only imagine how thirsty some dev was when he was writing these routines.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

same thing with everyone during the first camp wanting to ride my tav, except the only one i wanted. astarion is a hard nut to crack.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Philthy posted:

Even though I don't care much about it, the horny is the only disappointing thing I can say so far about BG3. Right when we crash landed half my party's first interactions were that they wanted to get into my pants. I can only imagine how thirsty some dev was when he was writing these routines.

I've played enough tabletop games to not believe Larian when they say that was a bug

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can we make [soiler]two rikers[/spoiler] the new topic title

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can we make [soiler]two rikers[/spoiler] the new topic title

I'm taking a beating today. I changed it so fast too.
But lol.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Walking into a shed with an ogre having sex with another ogre was also.... what.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm thinking of infusing liquor and/or wine to enhance my gameplay experience. I do need to find some enhanced crew members so I can upgrade my stupid ship's reactor

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Philthy posted:

Walking into a shed with an ogre having sex with another ogre was also.... what.

uh, it was a bugbear and an ogre? hello??

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The 3rd person view has always felt a bit janky to me in Bethesda games, as they never bothered to make any cover based mechanics or animations. There is a slight shoot from cover snap that happens in 1st person, but not in 3rd afaict.

Just pick a loving lane and polish it! Including both makes it a Swiss Army knife of suck.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

uh, it was a bugbear and an ogre? hello??

that poo poo was funny

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

if you use the slow-time power, you can never un-slow time and you have to reload your save to get rid of it. doesn't matter where or when I use it, it simply doesn't work (or works too well?) either way, it's weird that it's so broken!

re: 3rd person. the 3rd person sprinting animation is the most insane gremlin poo poo. absolutely bonkers.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Milo and POTUS posted:

[soiler]two rikers[/spoiler]

epic spoiler failure

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Starfield is...fine. I guess. A bunch of it feels like a step back from fallout 4. Everything is so clunky and obtuse that I don't want to deal with it.

Exploring is tedious - oh, let's go a kilometer to the next prefab base with seven badguys in it. That kilometer is going to be boring. as gently caress, by the way. Hope you like a flat field of rocks!

I tried cataloging life on a planet and spent 30 minutes scouring the land for a bug. The gunplay is good, but I've only ever fought dudes in spacesuits, the occasional terrormorph, and random animals.

I did barrett's character quest and got zero reward. In fallout 4, I got a character perk or something. Companions constantly whine about you picking things up and shooting poo poo when you're trying to use the busted stealth.

Shipbuilding is fun, but there's nowhere to start from scratch. You always have to ship of thesus. You can not design the interior. Oh, you can set up what section has what, but the game will put the ladders and doors wherever it wants. I had a few ships break when it would complain about my hatch being in the wrong place when I never moved it or the part it was attached to.

The carryweight thing is such a bigger drag than it was in previous Bethesda games because those games had more containers with infinite storage. This game wants you to use cargo holds so it bottlenecks your carryweight at every chance it can.

The loading screens segment space flight in such a way that it's faster to fast travel from the surface of the planet you're on than to go into space.

Not to mention the depressing lore. We seemed to have just washed our hands of earth. No animals are found from earth, at least I haven't found any in my 30 hours. Nobody brought a dog? Or a cat? It also seems that we left billions of people to die as well, considering how empty the universe is: Jemison has what a few hundred thousand, maybe? Akila city maybe has that as well. Maybe a billion people spread out around 100 square light years.

I play it, and I feel like I'm playing a cheap fallout clone.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MrQwerty posted:

I've played enough tabletop games to not believe Larian when they say that was a bug

TBQH I super appreciate it compared to the usual printer-carrying quests that every other RPG does

sometimes people just want to bone, sometimes they don't

and when they don't, doing a bunch of special favors rarely changes things

e:

Grey Cat posted:

It was the last bethesda game to have immersive and varied dialog options that mattered imo. Certainly wasn't skyrim.

new vegas wasn't a bethesda game, it was obsidian

Klyith fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 15, 2023

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I swear when I move around my modules in my ship, I keep getting random garbage in my cargo hold.. Selling hundreds of mugs to random ships I encounter.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Edgar posted:

I swear when I move around my modules in my ship, I keep getting random garbage in my cargo hold.. Selling hundreds of mugs to random ships I encounter.

Oh nice a duplicYion glitch. Thank you. I'll be using that to enjoy the game.

Also yeah no perks and the weapons are awfully stupid.

I swapped from a rifle doing 10 a shot to a pistol doing 160 a shot. I can kill everything with ease.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Oh nice a duplicYion glitch. Thank you. I'll be using that to enjoy the game.

Also yeah no perks and the weapons are awfully stupid.

I swapped from a rifle doing 10 a shot to a pistol doing 160 a shot. I can kill everything with ease.

Are the combat skills etc not perks?
Not that I'd play anything but sneaky archer but with gun.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My friend lost 10 hours of progress when his save file decided to corrupt itself.
He regularly makes two backups now.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Grey Cat posted:

Are the combat skills etc not perks?
Not that I'd play anything but sneaky archer but with gun.

Nope. Skills are all you get. You have to get mastery in that skill to get more skills

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

I really liked the little bumpy noises the UI makes when you’re going through the character creator. I’m a few hours in now but nothing has been as good as those little noises were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
bg3's combat is longwinded and unsatisfying, the controls are crap that hasn't been updated in 30 years for some reason, and it throws 100 quests at you before you even have a reason to care about a single character

but i'm sure it was a better use of the 10 hours i played than starfield would've been