Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

reminds me of that dude who used to come into the coffee stand at my work and just fill cups with cream and honey and nutmeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pour everything in a big cauldron imo

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Every time I search a show or movie I want to watch now to figure out what streaming service it's on, the first several hits are now other streaming services, that don't have that show or movie.

The complete enshittification of the internet continues.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
netflix rounded off the corners of their videos on desktop for some reason. looks like poo poo.

it's cyberpunk because i said it is, gently caress u.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Ham Equity posted:

Every time I search a show or movie I want to watch now to figure out what streaming service it's on, the first several hits are now other streaming services, that don't have that show or movie.

https://justwatch.com might help you

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's not cyberpunk until I can get a perfectly good arm cut off and replaced with a shiny chrome replacement that has carbon fibre ish wolverine claws that can cut metal. And a LED wristwatch.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PerniciousKnid posted:

The divots are the reason half my bites of waffle are dry unless I carefully scoop syrup into each hole like a maniac.

sounds like you suck at making waffles

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

duckduckgo supports the !justwatch bang hth

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Al! posted:

[frank, but he's huffing nootropics] 'll fork anything that moves

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im eating this right now and it owns actually

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Ham Equity posted:

i type it into sonarr or radarr and smash that like add and subscribe download button

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ruffian Price posted:

god remember when google had actual functionality like this

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Teaching crows to peck at a touchscreen for food as a study of their statistical reasoning seems like a good opening scene for dystopian fiction but apparently it's just reality.

https://science.slashdot.org/story/23/09/14/227251/for-the-first-time-research-reveals-crows-use-statistical-logic

quote:

"Crows were tasked with learning rather abstract quantities (i.e., not whole numbers), associating them with abstract symbols, and then applying that combination of information in a reward maximizing way," Johnston said. Over 10 days of training and 5,000 trials, the researchers found that the two crows continued to pick the higher probability of reward, showing their ability to use statistical inference.

Pushing the crows even further, Johnston and her team waited a whole month before testing the crows again. Even after a month without training, the crows remembered the reward probabilities and could pick the highest number every time. Johnston and her team were excited that the crows could apply statistical reasoning in almost any setting to ensure their reward.

I for one would like to welcome our new Crow Overlords.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
but can the crows watch and understand content? can they like, comment, and subscribe?

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Report: crows have figured out you can not just get food from the flashy color thing, but also shitpost and smash that LIKE and SUBSCRIBE on alt-right videos on youtube

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
in that case, it's time to start making Crowtent

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Why can't they just revert it back?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Making things better for the consumer/end user negatively affects shareholder value.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Animal-Mother posted:

There's no such thing as de-shittification, there is only enshittification.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

crows post better than me but they do it as malicious tricksters instead of as a dumbass so i still win

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ham Equity posted:

If you dine in, you get free refills, so just get one 30oz soda and the sauce packets.

gauche imo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

apatite posted:

Report: crows have figured out you can not just get food from the flashy color thing, but also shitpost and smash that LIKE and SUBSCRIBE on alt-right videos on youtube

"metal so shiny caw caw caw small coin so good caw caw caw"

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

This is called a "Goon's Banquet" and has been a thing on here for decades. The bot must have scrapped old SA posts to come up with that.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

a big part of the poo poo comes from seo. it's not only that google is bad, but that it's trying to index an internet that's 90% bots screaming as loudly as possible and drowning out real information. doesn't help that everyone has left the open web for stuff like discord.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It's like an evil genie, it'll give you exactly what you ask for :twisted:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

cash crab posted:

reminds me of that dude who used to come into the coffee stand at my work and just fill cups with cream and honey and nutmeg

how did it feel to be in the presence of the divine?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

cash crab posted:

He was just using you for a cheap high

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

Google's business model is serving ads that websites display. Why would they want you to find what you're looking for the first time if they make more money if you have to keep looking?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ugh, libertarians

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

thanks!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Schmoe Cwead posted:

:lol:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

apatite posted:

Teaching crows to peck at a touchscreen for food as a study of their statistical reasoning seems like a good opening scene for dystopian fiction but apparently it's just reality.

https://science.slashdot.org/story/23/09/14/227251/for-the-first-time-research-reveals-crows-use-statistical-logic

I for one would like to welcome our new Crow Overlords.

Crowverlords

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Hopefully they Murder me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

does it support the !justbang watch though?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://www.404media.co/crypto-startup-prime-trust-files-for-bankruptcy-after-losing-password-to-38-9-million-crypto-wallet/

I just saw this and lol at the idea of reading threads when I could :justpost:

quote:

A buzzy startup offering financial infrastructure to crypto companies has found itself bankrupt primarily because it can’t gain access to a physical crypto wallet with $38.9 million in it. The company also did not write down recovery phrases, locking itself out of the wallet forever in something it has called “The Wallet Event” to a bankruptcy judge.

Prime Trust pitches itself as a crypto fintech company designed to help other startups offer crypto retirement plans, know-your-customer interfaces, ensure liquidity, and a host of other services. It says it can help companies build crypto exchanges, payment platforms, and create stablecoins for its clients. The company has not had a good few months. In June, the state of Nevada filed to seize control of the company because it was near insolvency. It was then ordered to cease all operations by a federal judge because it allegedly used customers’ money to cover withdrawal requests from other companies.
Rather than write down the seed phrases, Prime Trust opted to laser etch them into a piece of steel called “Cryptosteel Hardware,” which are called “Wallet Access Devices” in the court filings, and which look like this:

I don't know if "we lost them" is funnier or the inevitability that the funds mysteriously move 6 months from now because someone walked off with the "wad".

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah judge. can't find 'em anywhere. poof. darndest thing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Harik posted:

I don't know if "we lost them" is funnier or the inevitability that the funds mysteriously move 6 months from now because someone walked off with the "wad".

If there smart they'll wait 5 years, and not move it till they've moved country and made themselves very hard to find.

They'll likely do it an two month and immediately start buying stupidly expensive cars.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Putting things in quotes these days is like asking google "can you paraphrase this, gently caress, just find me whatever"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

crypto retirement plan
Such as palming the pass phrase plate on your way out the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I find it amusing that while we're trapped in this real life cyberpunk dystopia, there's a bunch of people pinning their hopes and dreams on these cyberpunk utopia video games that keep coming out, and they keep being remarkably disappointing. Our escapism is lackluster.