Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
maybe if klopp chewed out his players publically and defended sex pests liverpool would be in the champions league like erik ten hag's manchester united #facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Eau de MacGowan posted:

maybe if klopp chewed out his players publically and defended sex pests liverpool would be in the champions league like erik ten hag's manchester united #facts

The "no dickhead" recruitment policy has worked well, I think Mamadou Sakho was maybe the last disciplinary problem I can remember? Also not really putting Sancho into the dickhead or disciplinary category if he's battling mental health issues, I genuinely hope he gets well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I think on this basis Eddie Howe defending/ignoring Saudis owning Newcastle mean we're winning the league despite the less than ideal start

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

jesus WEP posted:

777 partners sounds like a very legit company

Other than the speedway from the video game Daytona USA I don't know what else they own.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

UnderFreddy posted:

no, I imagine Klopp would dodge the question. Say it was tactical, other strong players knocking on the door etc. Saying a guy isn't getting in the squad because he isn't training to the level required is publicly calling him out, and that rarely ends well.

like, here's Arteta talking about players that were let go, and it feels like it's with way more respect

quote:

(On Pépé)“I don’t know, I wasn’t involved in the process of that deal,” replied Arteta when asked if the club should analyse why such a big deal didn’t work out.

“What I can say about him as a person, he’s a phenomenal boy. He tried really hard. He did his bit. It’s not his fault the amount of money that we paid at the time. And that’s it.

“When things are not working, you have to move on. There’s no point trying when something is not working either way. That decision has been made and I think it’s in the benefit of all parties.”

Asked whether he feels sad at not being able to get the best out of Pepe, Arteta said: “Yes, but obviously there are moments for players, not only him but, Rob [Holding] leaving, Flo leaving, and all the other ones that have been on loan as well.

“You have an emotional attachment to them, you have tried to get the best out of them. But there are periods, and sometimes it’s not about the will of the player, but it’s a player that plays in his position as well that does so well; there are many factors, but what we certainly want is to wish all of them the best and hopefully they can fulfil their dreams somewhere else.”

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Erik Ten Envelopes

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

Erik Ten Envelopes

Erik Tenvelopes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He could be a dark horse sack race choice

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Thanks Ants posted:

He could be a dark horse sack race choice

The ‘gently caress off early’ fund was diverted into the ‘internal investigations & statement copywriting’ fund, there’ll be no sackings until Q1 next year

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

UnderFreddy posted:

like, here's Arteta talking about players that were let go, and it feels like it's with way more respect

he's talking about Pepe, who was poo poo but you can't help being poo poo (particularly if you play for Arsenal), and he basically says as much

otoh he very publicly dressed down and ran Aubameyang out of the club, for very similar reasons to Ten Hag and Sancho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked It In
lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Total Meatlove posted:

The ‘gently caress off early’ fund was diverted into the ‘internal investigations & statement copywriting’ fund, there’ll be no sackings until Q1 next year

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The Everton deal looks great. From The Athletic:

quote:

In March, they added a German club to their portfolio after purchasing a controlling stake in Hertha BSC, who were relegated at the end of last season and currently languish second-bottom of Bundesliga 2.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

It's just a total clusterfuck though, there are so many reasons why the deal will fall apart:

quote:

As a sentence towards the bottom of the club statement notes, “closing of the transaction… remains subject to regulatory approval, including from the Premier League, the Football Association and the Financial Conduct Authority”.

If the statement came with sound effects, “remains subject” would be emitting very loud groans due to the enormous weight it is holding up.

That regulatory approval is otherwise known as the owners’ and directors’ test, a hurdle that anyone who exerts some control over a football club must clear. For many years, this has been more of a draught excluder than a genuine obstacle, but it is gradually getting higher and may actually become something resembling a fence when the UK government gets around to introducing the game’s first independent regulator at some point next year.

Some observers have suggested that Wander, 777’s co-founder, might struggle to pass the test because of his 2003 conviction for drug trafficking.

Far more likely to cause him and 777 some difficulties, however, are the various court cases they are fighting in the U.S., where the firm has been accused of fraud and racketeering. The Miami-based business denies these claims and is contesting them in court, but the Premier League et al will want a lot of reassurance.

But even if 777 gets past that stage, it will then have to convince the club’s existing lenders — owed more than £350million between them — not to demand immediate payment of their loans, as is their right.

Because whatever bargain 777 has struck with Moshiri for his shares — and it is likely to be a very conditional deal that will not see the Anglo-Iranian businessman seeing any cash any time soon — it is difficult to see how the numbers make sense if 777 immediately has to shell out £350million to repay the loans.

After all, that is just to get the club back to square one. More cash will be required to meet Everton’s negative cashflow — the club is still losing money — and even more will be needed to give whoever is managing the team a fighting chance of survival. Or perhaps promotion, if it comes to that.

Oh, and there is still about £200million needed to finish the stadium.

That leads to numerous questions about 777’s motivation for doing this and how they propose to fund a deal of this size. Once you add everything up, this could be a $1billion turnaround project.

Does 777 have that kind of money? There is nothing on its balance sheet to suggest it does. Its structured settlement business is not making much money at the moment as rising interest rates have ruined the margin on that game, while its aviation arm does not appear to be flying at the moment, either. None of its football investments looks close to paying off, which leaves its insurance and private credit businesses.

They might be doing well. They might not. It’s hard to tell.

Perhaps the plan is to borrow the money via a bond issue. That might explain why the FCA has a say on this, although it should be noted that the FCA now has a say on all football takeovers as the Premier League has tightened up its takeover rules in order to make them independent regulator-proof.

Or maybe the long-term plan for the whole 777 portfolio of distressed clubs is to package them up and float them?

And how much is 777 actually giving Moshiri for his shares? Given the size of the debts and the likelihood of needing to borrow a lot more money, is £1 too much?

We are only half joking. What is more likely is that no money is changing hands at all until 777 knows which division Everton are playing in next season. We will all get a clearer view on that next month when the independent commission looking at the club’s alleged breach of the financial fair play rules last year announces its verdict. A points deduction is very much on the table as a possible punishment.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
They're gonna fail the Fit and Proper Persons test just so the Premier League can point at it and say "see? we do have standards!" because after all the Fit and Proper Persons test is really just a "do you have money Y/N" test and here it looks like the answer is conceivably N

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

They're gonna fail the Fit and Proper Persons test just so the Premier League can point at it and say "see? we do have standards!" because after all the Fit and Proper Persons test is really just a "do you have money Y/N" test and here it looks like the answer is conceivably N

An upgrade from the Portsmouth FC version of the test at least.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

vyelkin posted:

That's not fair. You also have to show at least 7 consecutive days where no journalists were butchered in your embassy. Remember, that's what held up the Newcastle deal until they rallied and got a good run together.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
do u like Advanced Stats

https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1703068184004251830?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Assuming the Neville meltdown will be spectacular

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

O na na what’s a save?

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

United may be poo poo but there's no way that's true

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Brighton had 8 shots on target today?

Some very advanced stats.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yea, fbref had him at 21 shots faced before today's game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hearing reports that "Licha" is poo poo. Any thoughts?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1703061915105128850

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Wrong thread

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Backdoor Delivery posted:

United may be poo poo but there's no way that's true

yeah I checked and it’s 11 shots on target and 8 goals, my bad

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

African AIDS cum posted:

Hearing reports that "Licha" is poo poo. Any thoughts?

he's too short

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Licha Balls lol gottem!

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

paddyboat posted:

yeah I checked and it’s 11 shots on target and 8 goals, my bad

lol where are you getting this poo poo from?
https://www.premierleague.com/players/11026/player/stats

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just watched the Spurs game, man the commentator were awful at that end. As if Sheffield got robbed when they should have been down probably 5-0 by the first half and they just timewasted from the first half. Throughly deserved for Spurs, good to see Richaralison get a good performance.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

someone should send this to erik ten hag

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
thinking about tottenham hotspur and how ange postecoglou is my dad

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Nuclear Spoon posted:

he does have extremely big dad energy

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nuclear Spoon posted:

:hmmyes:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Ulio posted:

Just watched the Spurs game, man the commentator were awful at that end. As if Sheffield got robbed when they should have been down probably 5-0 by the first half and they just timewasted from the first half. Throughly deserved for Spurs, good to see Richaralison get a good performance.

All the Sheff Utd fans are claiming it's a big conspiracy. They were clearly under managerial orders to waste time constantly and the ref just added the time they wasted on.

Maybe this is why they should "stop the clock" instead of adding time on?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jippa posted:

All the Sheff Utd fans are claiming it's a big conspiracy. They were clearly under managerial orders to waste time constantly and the ref just added the time they wasted on.

Maybe this is why they should "stop the clock" instead of adding time on?

It’s always hard to see teams get relegated but this is good, I’m glad there’s a team to root against

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Blinkz0rz posted:

he does have extremely big dad energy

A charity auction where big ange takes you fishing

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I understand the frustration with a change in reffing but time wasting was always supposed to be against the rules. It can be amusing seeing what teams will do in the final few mins but not a quarter of the game.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/1703131097389814122?t=BS3e9fgWawuUrLSiOOjb-A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
im not sure paul heckingbottom is premier league material