Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Gravid Topiary posted:

in junior high i was reading this embarrassing poo poo on the school-bus and i got punched in the back of the head and called a fag (gently caress you stewart) and i can't say i didn't deserve it, that horse looks so loving gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gravid Topiary posted:

in junior high i was reading this embarrassing poo poo on the school-bus and i got punched in the back of the head and called a fag (gently caress you stewart) and i can't say i didn't deserve it, that horse looks so loving gay

stewart was right

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Every single bully who called you gay growing up was right and objectively you cannot blame them.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

It’s not my favorite Mitski album. Somewhat like Laurel Hell but a lot more subtly I feel like it’s two different concepts for an album that have been stitched together. There’s nothing as arresting as Working For The Knife which maybe isn’t fair since that’s the best song she’s ever written, although there are definitely some standouts like Bug Like An Angel and I’m Your Man. But I feel like you could combine parts of both of her last albums together to make something really exceptional. So more consistent than Laurel Hell but the highs aren’t as high. It doesn’t end in a ballad.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Anyway I will proceed to listen to it front to back another 20 times consecutively because I’m a Mitski stan and can’t help myself lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

She's no Joanna Newsom

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ys ftw

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
The Falcom Manifesto

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Stfu dweeb

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
maybe you'd have some feminine virtue left if you played a jrpg or two

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Poppers posted:

Every single bully who called you gay growing up was right and objectively you cannot blame them.

stewart's fat and bald now so i won anyways

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Lol yep. All my bullies are losers and meanwhile I’m beautiful and a genius who will make lots of money, very soon…

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Poppers posted:

Lol yep. All my bullies are losers and meanwhile I’m beautiful and a genius who will make lots of money, very soon…

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Crying on the bus listening to Mitski lmfao. I’m in my loving element bros.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
poppers do a sci fi book

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Maybe I will. Or maybe…

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Poppers posted:

Maybe I will. Or maybe…

do vurt by jeff noon

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

poppers do a sci fi book

yeah do Dhalgren by sam r. delaney

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

do the sci fi book that has dubious age-gap content. you know, the only one

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Which one of you is in the same Facebook shitposting group as me?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
german identified.......Very problematic

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

FirstnameLastname posted:

homosexuality in hiphop has a neat history, it's mostly unwritten but it's neat that as a genre its matured in a single lifetime from the harsh and blatant homophobia of 90s-early 00s NYC rap in particular to ( imo ) the midpoint of eminem and elton john doing "stan" at the grammys where the explicitly homophobic lyrics in the genre dying off almost overnight, to 15 years later tyler the creator coming out in one of his songs & young thug dropping JEFFREY w/ him wearing a dress on the cover n saying hes genderfluid and talkin bout suckin on dick sized blunts without losing a single fan over it

like the ppl expressing backwards rear end views like lil baby & boosie are in the extreme minority now and it only took like, ten years for most of it to happen, the only genre more genuinely inclusive is electronic

which reminds me of this video of wendy carlos ( composer for clockwork orange, the shining, tron) demoing moog synths that she helped design, its probably the most concise explanation of the basic fundamentals of audio synthesis I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDa603qTT0
she put out an album of electronic covers of bach music in 1968 that was the first electronic album to receive popular public acclaim and recognition as "real music", i think it won a grammy

she wasn't publicly open about being trans at this point and was nervous attention from doing a bbc piece which is why shes got the fake sideburns on for the shot, but the rest of the people involved in making the show knew she's trans and didn't care, she was personal friends with one of the hosts or producers or something iirc
it's afaik one of the first times a trans woman was featured and especially able to host a program on a broadcast tv where they're represented as a regular-rear end person; she did a lot for early trans representation and also advanced electronic music more than almost anyone and developed several foundational components of electronic audio synthesis as a whole, definitely underappreciated

wendy ftw. if ypu can get her little fugue from the second SOB its her best work imo

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

rodbeard posted:

Which one of you is in the same Facebook shitposting group as me?

mileena... disgusting

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5j_ThA3dgk
harps ftw

that part about 3:30 in it's so intense

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ok ten listens in. Mitski is a genius. Queen. Nothing else to add here.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
alright since the book is retarded we're doing a movie club. i want everyone to watch Gohatto (1999) and report back. its about beat takeshi, member of the shinsengumi, getting really insanely sprung for a twink who just joined

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Ohtori Akio posted:

alright since the book is retarded we're doing a movie club. i want everyone to watch Gohatto (1999) and report back. its about beat takeshi, member of the shinsengumi, getting really insanely sprung for a twink who just joined

link an illegal torrent of it please. on the non-paywalled part of the forum.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

very risky blowjob posted:

link an illegal torrent of it please. on the non-paywalled part of the forum.

its extremely abandoned i think youll have to stream it. easy to google and non sketchy sites have it

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Actually. You’re retarded. Appreciate the season as it is Folsom this weekend

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
what does that mean you dumb bitch. watch the movie i think its gonna be good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
ill stream it on the discord

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Poppers posted:

Actually. You’re retarded. Appreciate the season as it is Folsom this weekend

ill be there on sun if you want to suck the retarded aids cum out of my rear end

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
oh hell yes. dan savage's HUMP! 2023 is also playing right before folsom.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
looking forward to all of your thoughts on gay homosexual human being samurai cop beat takeshi

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

thoughts on the barbie movie thread?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its good. hari nef was perfect for it. the kjens were pretty fruity, but they could have been fruitier. looking forward to your thoughts on gohatto (1999(

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

This mesmerizing, atmospheric samurai tale infuses the genre with a subversive undercurrent of homoerotic frisson. When the young, strikingly handsome Kano Sozaburo (Ryuhei Matsuda) joins an elite samurai unit, his presence unleashes tensions among his fellow swordsmen—including his superior Hijikata Toshizo (Takeshi Kitano)—as they find themselves competing for his affections. The final feature from iconoclastic auteur Nagisa Oshima is a daring, visually sumptuous exploration of the rigid social codes of nineteenth-century Japan.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
TEll me what you really think. lay it all out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

oshima >>>>>>>>