Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

What if they release Titanfall 3 and it sucks

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m assuming all these hints being dropped are some sort of apex sequel. Maybe it has single player and that’s the titanfall tie in.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Apex map based on say, Angel City

Part of the traversal is destroyed wrecks of titans. None intact or pilotable.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Blind Duke posted:

Apex map based on say, Angel City

Part of the traversal is destroyed wrecks of titans. None intact or pilotable.

Not intact but maybe pilotable would be interesting. Which would make them turrets with a certain killbox you gotta dance around.

edit:
* hatches blown off, so you've only got your own hp to work with.
* reloading is something either you need to do manually by dismounting, or have another player do it
* can sneak up on the busted-up titans to finish it off, deny them to the enemy or take out the gunner. Randomize which hulks still have their nuke cores intact. for some real fun.

Yeah. Apex would be more fun with titans. Why does that game still not have a pilot as a playable hero yet?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 16, 2023

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Why do I do this to myself?
https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...d/1100-6517774/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

what in the gently caress

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Well that sure is a thing. Stop fuckin with us respawn drat

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

is the patch only PC?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The changes are server side, there is no client patch. Calling a matchmaking fix and some playlist changes a “massive update” is a big stretch.

Also claiming the game has been unplayable since 2021 is pretty weird since I’ve played many times in the past two years!

That said, it is nice to see it getting some attention, even if I’m skeptical it means anything.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I did a few attrition games last night and it was fine

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Saw this and hit the multiplayer button on PS and got game of Titan Brawl almost immediately.

https://twitter.com/FPSthetics/status/1703034469022601251?t=F8L5vgUO1ueCjW5Gh4uUwA&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TitanfallR2.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Eyud posted:

Also claiming the game has been unplayable since 2021 is pretty weird since I’ve played many times in the past two years!

Clearly there was an issue considering how many people were not able to play many times in the past two years, to the point that the community made its own mod to enable separate, custom servers.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

Clearly there was an issue considering how many people were not able to play many times in the past two years, to the point that the community made its own mod to enable separate, custom servers.

I think a lot of people confuse the matchmaking timeout issue with the attacks and assume the game is/was unplayable. At least in my experience it was just an annoyance; sometimes I had to re-queue a couple times before I got into a game but once it started everything was good. It was tough to get some of the less popular modes going but attrition was generally fine.

Northstar was started during the time of the attacks, but I think its continued popularity is mostly because it can do things vanilla TF2 can't: dedicated servers, custom modes, mods, no unlocks, etc.

Regardless, it's nice they fixed the timeouts and I can find CTF games much more reliably now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How did the story end with that DDOS guy trying to get the sourcecode to titanfall for his own spinoff or something? did he just stop or did respawn finally find a way to stop it?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Argas posted:

What if they release Titanfall 3 and it sucks

There's no way it could be worse than Apex.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Felt real good about going 20-2 with eight titan kills.

Then I saw my tag at the end of the match, and I'm a G13 amongst G2s and G3s.

And then I felt sinking dread, for I have become THAT GUY.

I didn't even try to be that guy! All I did was play the game and try to grind out the last few kills I need to G2 my last weapon! (non-elite Wingman)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 17, 2023

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'm like G42 and regularly get wrecked by G2s and G3s :smug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Felt real good about going 20-2 with eight titan kills.

Then I saw my tag at the end of the match, and I'm a G13 amongst G2s and G3s.

And then I felt sinking dread, for I have become THAT GUY.

I didn't even try to be that guy! All I did was play the game and try to grind out the last few kills I need to G2 my last weapon! (non-elite Wingman)

Yeahhhhhh, that def became a thing for me. Fresh meat don't know how to counter the grill skills of pappy Scorch.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Never mind, universe righted itself, got repeatedly destroyed by a G83.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Wtf I just uninstalled the game to free up rear end space after not playing for a couple years. Time to redownload 50gb

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They should relaunch this game, sanely this time. Don't touch the campaign, pretty up the graphics slightly, add the guns from Apex and I bet people would buy it.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Mordja posted:

They should relaunch this game, sanely this time. Don't touch the campaign, pretty up the graphics slightly, add the guns from Apex and I bet people would buy it.

And list world leaderboard times for the tutorial run.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mordja posted:

pretty up the graphics slightly,

You really don't even need to, the game still looks great.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
All it needs really is more multiplayer maps

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordja posted:

NO, YOU loving KEEP THAT ABOMINATION OF A MOZAMBIQUE AWAY FROM TITANFALL

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

with how lovely big 'platform' games have gotten they could literally just start selling fortnite dances in Tf2 and the audience would show up again and support it because everyone and their mother already bought the game for 5 dollars at some point during the last 5 years. then put the money into making some new maps and matchmaking ladders and you're good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

NO, YOU loving KEEP THAT ABOMINATION OF A MOZAMBIQUE AWAY FROM TITANFALL

On the other hand,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyoQqsJkDI&t=35s

https://apexlegends.fandom.com/wiki/Mozambique_Shotgun/Ol%27_Nessie

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Respawn... oh how the Titans... have Fallen.

:dadjoke:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gonna hop into Titanfall 2 on PSN until my subscription expires on December and then keep playing on PC. I own this amazing game on PC, PlayStation and Xbox and enjoyed every moment of it both single player and MP

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i'm honestly curious how much interest in titanfall is just due to literally loving everyone being sick to death of battle royales. like tf2 is undeniably an amazing game, but imo apex is actively held back at this point by the game still offering nothing significant to anyone who doesn't want to play BR

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
How about a titanfall moba

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
It's really nice to hear that this is getting revitalized, and I'm super tempted to get in, but part of me feels like it would be a bad idea. I feel like I would just get absolutely annihilated by all the hardcore players that have stuck with this through thick-and-thin and have been honing their skills all this time, learning advanced tech to become apex killers. I mean c'mon, I was already getting stomped back when it was new: I imagine hopping into the game would be like trying to play GunZ and just being absolutely perplexed by the animation-cancelling physics-defying whirlwinds of death called K-style players. I guess maybe there's always frontier defense I can fall back on?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean there's a lot of new or returning players so now would be the time to get back in, when there is a broader base than the diehards, if only for a while.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah my friend you've got it exactly backwards, playing when the population is high gets you better games. The psycho killers are diluted into the general player pool (but eventually drive off all the newbies, so get it while it's hot).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There's Frontier Defense for those wanting PvE action too (it's fun!)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

uhhhhh

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OctaMurk posted:

They kinda had one on mobile, it was a card based thing called Titanfall Assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Guillermus posted:

There's Frontier Defense for those wanting PvE action too (it's fun!)

Yes, also true, and stays fun no matter what the player counts are.