Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Got two games in tonight, no queue issues or anything. One win, got the shaker set :D

Next day edit: another win this afternoon, got the Ursa set :D

4 rewards remain (invoker shoulders, gabe chatwheel, agh rosh, crt overlay -- so I have the things I really cared about done but might still go for the chatwheel and rosh? idk I got other stuff to play lol

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The CRT overlay was the first one I got and I really did not enjoy using it!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
it is incredible how dog poo poo it is

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The CRT overlay is a cute gimmick but I absolutely could not see what was going on in the game and I think it was starting to give me a headache too so I could not disable it fast enough after the game I played with it on

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

need 4 more wins, have lost six straight despite playing frankly beastly with disruptor.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm sure no one will be surprised if I've gotten exactly zero 'action taken' on the smurf accounts I've played against every day since the behavior score patch went through and Valve claimed to be taking action on smurfs.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

need 4 more wins, have lost six straight despite playing frankly beastly with disruptor.

Jakiro is crazy strong right now, have been racking quite a few with him. If you can make it to the aghs after one survival item, the aghs is just crazy huge.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah but hes considerably more boring to play imo

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

no way hitting ice paths and being an annoying piece of poo poo is great

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zeruel posted:

being an annoying piece of poo poo is great

:dota2:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

And that's why I spam Tinker.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
There are some good things about being lower rank, I was watching monkeys forever and basically every other game had a tinker/LD that would use an exploit to crash the game to not lose MMR. I am sure that tinker/LD players in my rank would be willing, but would raise up MMR too quick for me to see them much.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i guess my mmr has fallen so much ive gotta start playing core so at least when we lose it can be my fault

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nfcknblvbl posted:

And that's why I spam Tinker.

I played vs a tinker spammer tonight and absolutely dumpstered him with wk. Once The Boys caught his scent in a teamfight he was dead meat because he couldn't blink away and everyone had vision to just absolutely wreck his poo poo.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Had a game where we were way up early thanks to a 4 earth spirit playing out of his mind, then our sniper fed and the es said "try using your q, it's your only spell." The sniper rage abandoned and I micro'd him to victory after he ate the abandon lol.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The only thing worse than Sniper is a Sniper during a patch where he's meta.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Love it.

I had void spirit in the mid roster a ~year ago when I was on the ranked but I've played a few and not sure if it's the 300 ping or some nerfs or the matchups but I wasn't really feeling him.

Whats your guys fave mids to spam out (generally I played invoker puck or void spirit) for fun. Being able to have sweet plays is more important than winning the game

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

void spirit was broken a little ago and ate tons of nerfs

invoker is broken right now

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yeah I been loving the invoker changes, Puck is a little much for 300 ping. What about earth spirit any good mid?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I played vs a tinker spammer tonight and absolutely dumpstered him with wk. Once The Boys caught his scent in a teamfight he was dead meat because he couldn't blink away and everyone had vision to just absolutely wreck his poo poo.

Playing as tinker owns, it’s a constant game of cat and mouse.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

1 win in 15 games i’m so good. was crusader last i played and now firmly herald 😤

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Super No Vacancy posted:

1 win in 15 games i’m so good. was crusader last i played and now firmly herald 😤

Happens to the best of us.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
At this point the best advice I can give for playing Dota is to get into playing a fighting game because I've been learning SF6 this Summer and every time I decide to jump back into the lanes I'm delighted at how slow and simple everything feels comparatively.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive got everything but the crt now. shaman is p sick currently. was hard support and a level 50 natures prophet (herald) started ‘this ss’ing me when i forgot to use a neutral creep token after a fight. anyway i went 10-2-20 and got mvp

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

ive got everything but the crt now. shaman is p sick currently. was hard support and a level 50 natures prophet (herald) started ‘this ss’ing me when i forgot to use a neutral creep token after a fight. anyway i went 10-2-20 and got mvp

zzz
this ss
reported

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
had a pos 1 weaver in lane ping me (pos 5 veno) and pos 4 undying for having 100% hp and mana... after he used his invis, ran through the creep wave and got hooked under their tower for his 3rd death. he went jungle after so i just sat in lane and got level 6 and roamed and we got a 30 min win without contributing anything the whole game

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Had a game where we were way up early thanks to a 4 earth spirit playing out of his mind, then our sniper fed and the es said "try using your q, it's your only spell." The sniper rage abandoned and I micro'd him to victory after he ate the abandon lol.

We had a Tidehunter disconnect and we very nearly still won with someone just hitting the Refresh Ravage most fights.

But man, people who abso-loving-lutely refuse to deviate from THEIR BUILD drive me insane. Just had a great game as CM with a Nightstalker, LC, WK, and Mirana. Crushed them early game... but then 2 Echo Sabers and 2 Nullifiers later from the LC + NS we lost against their Drow / Gyro. Not a single Halberd to be found or any sort of defensive item. Everyone just has to be the big dick right click player :sigh:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sab669 posted:

We had a Tidehunter disconnect and we very nearly still won with someone just hitting the Refresh Ravage most fights.

But man, people who abso-loving-lutely refuse to deviate from THEIR BUILD drive me insane. Just had a great game as CM with a Nightstalker, LC, WK, and Mirana. Crushed them early game... but then 2 Echo Sabers and 2 Nullifiers later from the LC + NS we lost against their Drow / Gyro. Not a single Halberd to be found or any sort of defensive item. Everyone just has to be the big dick right click player :sigh:

I mean, harpoon would be useful eventually, but yeah get halberd too

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

The only thing worse than Sniper is a Sniper during a patch where he's meta.

is Sniper meta now? I keep playing against him and winning and it looks like his top tier winrate is like 46%. That game is the only one where I've seen one win recently, and that was with us crushing the game for him.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
well I said I was done but I got an itch and played again tonight, won 3 of 4 games, now have all but 1 treasure :D

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Nanomashoes posted:

is Sniper meta now? I keep playing against him and winning and it looks like his top tier winrate is like 46%. That game is the only one where I've seen one win recently, and that was with us crushing the game for him.

Sniper will always be meta once you get low enough in mmr

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

What’s the secret to beating Sniper on high ground? Is it just waiting for aegis timers and draining their jungle?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

sailormoon posted:

What’s the secret to beating Sniper on high ground? Is it just waiting for aegis timers and draining their jungle?

Farm the whole map and get a 30k lead or gank him when he leaves the base while you're doing that

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Okay yeah I respect that but I still ban the fucker because it extends the game length too much.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

sailormoon posted:

Okay yeah I respect that but I still ban the fucker because it extends the game length too much.

Yeah unfortunatey you gotta make it clear to your team what the plan is early or they’ll dive t3s at 30 minutes and lose. The new behavior and report changes seem to help, now that I have an above 10k rating my teams listen.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I feel badass playing es getting some kills. And poo poo what should. I be doing to try ND extend the effectiveness into the later game? poo poo like halbred and lotus orb I guess?

The damage on the board is anemic but I find I be destroying dudes with kicks and stuns and silences

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Is it mid earth spirit or support

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Both really, either way I'm not really sure how to get him to scale strong

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

he doesn't scale strong, buy whatever utility items your team needs then convince them to win early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Blademail+heart is busted on high str pos2/3 heroes right now so the optimal mid build is something like blademail, heart, kaya/sange, octarine, aghs. Vessel first if there’s a regen/healing hero on the other team. BKB if you can’t fight without it

On support, vessel or veil is really the only core, then you can decide from like lotus/aghs/bkb/octarine

There were some good core ESpirit games in the dreamleague tournament today if you need more ideas

emdash fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 19, 2023