Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I'm watching Clash of the Champions 1993 and this is such a fun, and weird show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HonorableTB posted:

I'm watching Clash of the Champions 1993 and this is such a fun, and weird show.

Which one? There was one that had a great Vader/Flair match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Which one? There was one that had a great Vader/Flair match.

That was Starrcade.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

That was Starrcade.

They had more than one match. Clash XXV.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Young Dustin Rhodes is so good :o

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

They had more than one match. Clash XXV.

Yeah but that match wasn't that good...

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

HonorableTB posted:

Young Dustin Rhodes is so good :o

they didn't call him "the natural" for no reason.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MrBling posted:

it was cuz his dad was The Nature Boy. No, wait

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

MrBling posted:

vince mcmahon made this man be goldust, :lol:, :lmao:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh, that’s you! I’ve been a subscriber for a while, thank you for your service. I’ve been writing a little wrestling blog and try to do a match from “this day in history” a few times a week. I need to remember to utilize your channel a lot more when I’m trying to find watchable versions of stuff.

Ooh, where's this blog then?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i too would like the blog

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Great American Bash 1988 had some decent matches, but lmao at the Lugar/Flair ending. That was not the ending they should have gone with lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Ooh, where's this blog then?

Here ya go

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Great American Bash 1988 had some decent matches, but lmao at the Lugar/Flair ending. That was not the ending they should have gone with lol

Welcome to the series of misfires with Luger. It will continue into infinity.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My blog is my username dot com. Still trying to pin down the writing style because I sometimes find myself falling back to writing beat-by-beat descriptions of the match which I don’t necessarily even enjoy doing and don’t know if anyone finds interesting to read. Hopefully some of it’s decent!

If nothing else, it’s been fun having an excuse to watch old matches I’ve never seen every week. Trying to just pick random stuff and not just whatever big thing happened on a specific day in history.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Welcome to the series of misfires with Luger. It will continue into infinity.

Following the confusing garvin betrayal with that finish is too funny. The place had gone nuts when lugar won and when they pulled the belt away you could just hear everyone get tired of wrestling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Following the confusing garvin betrayal with that finish is too funny. The place had gone nuts when lugar won and when they pulled the belt away you could just hear everyone get tired of wrestling.

Starting with Lex.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Starting with Lex.

Did he not know? He looked like he didn't know.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

thats his job!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's kind of hilarious Lex eventually goes to WWE and they do nearly the same rug pull with him and Yokozuna

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Suplex Liberace posted:

thats his job!

I know it is his job, but I also know there have been shoot finishes before.

Anyway they did a lot of cocaine backstage. :catstare: I'm surprised more of them didn't die sooner.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I thought Lex Luger was really cool when he joined the Wolf Pac. Hell, I thought the whole Wolf Pac was really cool! I was ten years old.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

There's knowing and then there's actually going through with it, especially when you can tell how ready the crowd is for it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dawgstar posted:

There's knowing and then there's actually going through with it, especially when you can tell how ready the crowd is for it.

Ok yeah that makes sense.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I know it is his job, but I also know there have been shoot finishes before.

Anyway they did a lot of cocaine backstage. :catstare: I'm surprised more of them didn't die sooner.

did you watch behind the bash?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Suplex Liberace posted:

did you watch behind the bash?

Yeah it popped up after I watch Jim Ross tall about the finish. Lmao at lugar snd Hawk doing cocaine on camera. Dr and animal were clearly too.

Paul Ellering sitting alone reading owns. Staying cleaning and keeping quiet. I'm going to Alaska next week. See ya

What was up with dusty? His segments were weird.

Lmao at arn's rear end

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Important question from the dying years of WCW: I remember Mark Madden being confronted on air and it turning out he'd legit pissed off either Sid or Steiner with a remark on commentary, which was it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Important question from the dying years of WCW: I remember Mark Madden being confronted on air and it turning out he'd legit pissed off either Sid or Steiner with a remark on commentary, which was it?

Wasn't it DDP?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So Ronnie Garvin left Jim Crockett because Dusty forced him to heel turn?

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I might be misremembering but I think it was Sid. The list of LOL Meltzer quotes mentioned Madden referring to Sid being “the monkey in the middle” during a 3 way stare down or something and Sid misinterpreting that as Madden literally calling him a monkey.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I'm rewatching the entire Monday Night War/Attitude Era using this checklist:

This is gonna be fun. 2 Cold Scorpio is so cringe. Everything is cringe in both WCW and WWF at the time. Wrestling was so weird in 1993 lol. I am having a great time with it though, I've never seen any wrestling this old before. I've watched no 80s stuff at all and my 90s experience is limited to the odd 90s PPVs I saw growing up and the Raw/Smackdowns I saw a while ago on WWE Network

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you cannot bad mouth 2 cold scorpio.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

2 Cold Scorpio slander?!?!

You can badmouth so many things about that era and you choose 2 Cold Scorpio?! The nerve...

It's fun to look back at older eras. There's so much interesting stuff that just never gets talked about, even by hardcore fans. The day I found out about The York Foundation was life-changing.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Even though he is cringy I am still a Scorpio fan! Maxx Payne v Marcus Bagwell :allears: Also, Benoit was tearing it up in the lower card around this time. It's strange to see him on WCW Saturday Night way more than he was on Nitro, it felt like

e: booooo cornette on my screen :argh:

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 18, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what the hell is cringe about 2 Cold Scorpio?????

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
2 cold plotted to murder road warrior hawk in north korea and i can respect that

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
2 Cold Scorpio reminds me a lot of don't copy that floppy and I can't put my finger on why

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

So Ronnie Garvin left Jim Crockett because Dusty forced him to heel turn?

According to Garvin there was more to it than that. Ron didn't care about being a heel, but he was irritated that it was both random and that they did it in Baltimore where Garvin was over and he felt Dusty was trying to leach Garvin's popularity to put himself over big (which might have even been true).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

HonorableTB posted:

I'm rewatching the entire Monday Night War/Attitude Era using this checklist:

This is gonna be fun. 2 Cold Scorpio is so cringe. Everything is cringe in both WCW and WWF at the time. Wrestling was so weird in 1993 lol. I am having a great time with it though, I've never seen any wrestling this old before. I've watched no 80s stuff at all and my 90s experience is limited to the odd 90s PPVs I saw growing up and the Raw/Smackdowns I saw a while ago on WWE Network

Got a link to that checklist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Mr Hootington posted:

Well, he is known for that sort of thing...