Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1702920648266547624?t=wzbPdkuFQj_AKzEEEtoeQQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1702912991598100833?t=YUyAqsf4f_OeeSTWKlRuNA&s=19

https://twitter.com/pmlimbusprotest/status/1702881768070865384?t=LBmc8JLPjlxPWaiFJh4rIg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Remarkably glad I've been sticking to my "not giving them my drat money" pledge, and also glad to be validated in my belief that KJH needs to resign yesterday and hand the reins to someone less thin-skinned.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Awww poo poo, someone let the director into the rake field again.

:munch:

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1702944727241507058?s=20
^ translated statements

https://twitter.com/JCLEE0333/status/1702942703619862733
^statement from union chairman

"Gyeonggi Youth Union has refrained from further response by respecting the wishes of cyberbullying victims after they left the company. In addition, consultations were held over a week, requesting that the project statement make a formal promise to fulfill its obligations to protect employees as provided by law. However, the project statement is misleading the conversation that took place during the consultation process on the premise of agreement between both parties as if it were a confirmed position. Gyeonggi Youth Union once again states that it maintains a critical stance against the unfair ‘contract termination’ measure of project inquiry.

In addition, during the consultation process, Kim Ji-hoon, CEO of Project Moon, stated in the project statement, 'Using this incident as an opportunity, we will take protective measures under the Occupational Safety and Health Act to protect workers and take strong legal action against cyberbullying by malicious users in the future. I have refused to include 'things'. Project Moon stated that it could not take a position to protect workers. Gyeonggi Youth Union did not want to disclose this as it was an unofficial response during the consultation process, but we are disclosing this because the project statement misleads the conversation as if it were the confirmed position of Gyeonggi Youth Union.

In addition, the Gyeonggi Youth Union announces that it will respond more actively to the controversy over 'cyberbullying in the gaming industry' that began with the current Project Moon. We will verify whether Project Moon complied with the Occupational Safety and Health Act to protect victims in the process of resigning from Project Moon's cyberbullying victims, and to this end, we will initiate large-scale occupational safety and health labor supervision in the gaming industry, including Project Moon. We state that we will be requesting something."
^Google translation of post

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1702944221043527986?s=20

PM is going off in this thread apparently threatening that union and... leaking an apology draft from their negotiations?? absolute goofball poo poo going down here

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i dont think threatening the union and posting the negotiation drafts is a good idea lol

like im amazed they somehow keep digging months after the fact, they literally cannot shut the gently caress up.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
2023 continues to be the Year of Unions

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well I was at least gonna give RR2 a try but wow they can not shut the gently caress up and keep making it worse. gently caress off forever you coward piece of poo poo company.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's kinda impressive how every single communication coming from Project Moon has made the matter worse.

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's kinda impressive how every single communication coming from Project Moon has made the matter worse.

tbh I appreciate KJH going fully mask off since incelgate happened so I don't feel the urge to waste my time or money supporting all this. guy is absolutely determined to run PM into the ground while breathlessly wailing about it being everyone else's fault all the way to the end. feel bad for the actual talent still working there, nobody deserves to be working as thanklessly as they surely have while chained to this dead weight.

hopefully someone can make something in the spirit of these games in the future while not being at the mercy of someone who uncontrollably shits their pants at every opportunity!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

for real, it felt like things had largely calmed down. all they had to do was keep all this stuff behind closed doors and eat whatever the union got mad at them over and i dont think anything would have happened.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Super glad I both can't read Korean and don't have a twitter account. Ignorance really is bliss.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
In a word: Shuckaroonies.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Numbus26 posted:

Super glad I both can't read Korean and don't have a twitter account. Ignorance really is bliss.

They're threatening criminal charges against protestors apparently. Slander, defamation, and obstruction of business.

The below is a copy of what sent JiHoon off I guess

https://twitter.com/pmlimbusprotest/status/1702881768070865384

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 16, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

specifically against people who 'spread misinformation'

of course, nothing about the people who were spreading misinfo about velmori

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
oh hey project moons doing project moon things again :munch:

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

Well, his buddies down at DCinside were right. Vellmori was a wicked feminazi out to destroy his company from the inside. Luckily the harlot was rooted out before she could shove toilet paper in the cracks.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol did the protest account seriously buy twitter blue

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

there were a ton of people(e: including PM) spreading misinfo about everything, but uh that mostly stemmed from PM's dogshit communication rather than actual malice so I dunno what KJH thinks threatening people is gonna accomplish

Blankspace posted:

tbh I appreciate KJH going fully mask off since incelgate happened so I don't feel the urge to waste my time or money supporting all this. guy is absolutely determined to run PM into the ground while breathlessly wailing about it being everyone else's fault all the way to the end. feel bad for the actual talent still working there, nobody deserves to be working as thanklessly as they surely have while chained to this dead weight.

hopefully someone can make something in the spirit of these games in the future while not being at the mercy of someone who uncontrollably shits their pants at every opportunity!

yeah it's become clear that the good parts of PM games are despite him rather than because of him. nice to hear that the protests got under his skin though lol

this is all another big tick for the ol' "fuckin clownshoes management" column

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 16, 2023

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
So, I don't really want to take PM or a PM-sympathetic reddit at face value, but I did see someone on twitter linking this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/limbuscompany/comments/16k34pq/translated_the_certificate_of_contents_pm/

Basically, the argument is that Vellmori left of her own accord because of the harassment and PM tried to keep announcements and responses to a minimum to protect her privacy and not draw more attention/ire to her, and there is a voice recording of this which she has also requested to be kept private.

The Union is calling bullshit and demanding to see the voice recording in public.

It might (read: almost inevitably is) immense copium but I'd like to believe this is what's going on, but as Endorph and Yinlock said, there's a lot of misinfo and contradictory stories being floated around, including by PM, and trying to play telephone in Korean makes connecting the dots and calling out one story incredibly difficult.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
KJH def an incel

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

MotU posted:

KJH def an incel

seem that way

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MotU posted:

KJH def an incel

nah he's just a coward and is doing the coward thing of lashing out when he feels he's safe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sinner Sandwich posted:

So, I don't really want to take PM or a PM-sympathetic reddit at face value, but I did see someone on twitter linking this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/limbuscompany/comments/16k34pq/translated_the_certificate_of_contents_pm/

Basically, the argument is that Vellmori left of her own accord because of the harassment and PM tried to keep announcements and responses to a minimum to protect her privacy and not draw more attention/ire to her, and there is a voice recording of this which she has also requested to be kept private.

The Union is calling bullshit and demanding to see the voice recording in public.

It might (read: almost inevitably is) immense copium but I'd like to believe this is what's going on, but as Endorph and Yinlock said, there's a lot of misinfo and contradictory stories being floated around, including by PM, and trying to play telephone in Korean makes connecting the dots and calling out one story incredibly difficult.

yeah once again everything is too unclear to really nail down and people are taking their wild-rear end fantasies and running off with them

from what i can tell, and this is absolutely a vague guess based on what scraps i've been able to gather and is likely completely wrong, it's that the Union kind of fell on their rear end in terms of a legal challenge and are now demanding that PM release details that vellmori has specifically asked to be kept quiet. PM responded by saying that their chestbeating is just making things worse

not that PM is some innocent defender of truth here given how they threw vellmori under the bus in an official statement almost immediately, but it seems like this is some lovely slapfights from an over-eager union group and PM's astoundingly poo poo management rather than Everything Is On Fire Round 2

e: looking further into it there is, of loving course, a mountain of communication issues(because PM) every step of the way too muddying things further. I'm just gonna back off before I break my own brain

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 16, 2023

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

if an employee is being harassed and says "maybe i should just resign" the proper thing to do is figure out how to protect your employee, not going "well, if its your idea, sounds great!"

the fact that they havent sent any of these letters to the people or groups who actually harassed their employees in person makes this pretty clear, actually

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

PM is willfully loving up their communication on this. We were confused 2 months ago and now the EN/JP tls are out it turns out... They are still confusing as hell.

All i know is the timeline communicates to me that they called her the night of, gave their ultimatum which probably included an nda for severance, and then decided to loving post the confusing rear end post declaring that she was simultameously terminated by the company and resigned on her own accord.

If there is any misinformation going around, its primarily caused by PM deciding to push out a confusing rear end announcement in literally 7 hours.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

studio mujahideen posted:

if an employee is being harassed and says "maybe i should just resign" the proper thing to do is figure out how to protect your employee, not going "well, if its your idea, sounds great!"

the fact that they havent sent any of these letters to the people or groups who actually harassed their employees in person makes this pretty clear, actually

it is absolutely their fault for not protecting their employee yes

KJH won't touch the incels because they might call him names and give him a swirly, he's still a lovely coward

DelilahFlowers posted:

PM is willfully loving up their communication on this. We were confused 2 months ago and now the EN/JP tls are out it turns out... They are still confusing as hell.

All i know is the timeline communicates to me that they called her the night of, gave their ultimatum which probably included an nda for severance, and then decided to loving post the confusing rear end post declaring that she was simultameously terminated by the company and resigned on her own accord.

If there is any misinformation going around, its primarily caused by PM deciding to push out a confusing rear end announcement in literally 7 hours.

PM's communication is indeed poo poo and their inability to do so is definitely the root of this, though everyone who broke the news apparently felt like they had to spice the story up to compensate for that which just made things worse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sinner Sandwich posted:

even if this is true its not like she was smiling out the door excited about her future. even if they mutually decided her leaving was what was best for her at that juncture, they let it get to that point. and even if the union and that fangroup are spreading misinfo, its not like digging this argument back up when it was finally starting to fade into memory is going to lead to positive outcomes.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Even the best case scenario is just another damning indictment of KJH's leadership, really.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah like the most project moon positive stance here is that its a company that wanted to grow but refused to hire PR or HR people to handle situations like this, despite them happening before, and the CEO is an idiot who was more focused on a cool TGS trailer than defending his employees. Like at best he's incompetent and stubborn.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I sincerely am just hoping that this becomes a big enough loving disaster that he steps down. Hell, even just spending some of those gachabux on proper HR and PR might minimize the loving disasters in the future, even if they seem dedicated to loving up as hard as humanly possible.

EDIT:

Endorph posted:

like i dont think hes an incel if only because if he was he would have handled this in a more decisive way. the incel dudes are still mad at him because the game still has constant technical issues and he didnt condemn her enough. 'too stupid to be motivated by a coherent sexist ideology' is not high praise

The fact we even have to consider the question feels like a massive deterioration in trust they're just never gonna get back, lol

Probe 17 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 16, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like i dont think hes an incel if only because if he was he would have handled this in a more decisive way. the incel dudes are still mad at him because the game still has constant technical issues and he didnt condemn her enough. 'too stupid to be motivated by a coherent sexist ideology' is not high praise

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like, in the absolute best-case scenario for KJH, he saw the reaction of some amount of Korean fans and immediately flies into a panic and asks his subordinates what he should do and when nobody has an answer, Velmori just says she'll quit to get it over with.

Meaning the absolute best case scenario, that I can conceive at least, means he had to cower behind an early 20-somethings contractor (who I believe is working her first big-ish job no less!) being able to take better command of the situation than he could.

Idk if it's as simple as him being a bad leader, though, or if the rest of the company is as much of a mess. Even if it's just the first one saying "get a new competent leader so the current guy can just be the creative lead or whatever" seems easier said than done.

Looks like I got beaten on that view. :v:

Endorph posted:

I remember hearing another mobile game I've played had a lot of growing pains due disagreements about going from being indie to a 'proper' company, without having really planned that out.

I'm guessing it's basically the same thing here, but like... If I remember right, in the other case it was more of a "the company vibe is changing", but this just seems like really obvious stuff you'd want to think about. They don't even have a proper player feedback form, just the same email they use for bug reports.

Shastahanshah fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2023

mercurially
May 7, 2022

Gaining back pain stacks at the speed of light!
The wild thing is that if Vellmori did indeed resign on her own, they could have just...said that as their initial announcement instead of going on about how she's being terminated for breaking company policy (via, you know, tweets she'd already deleted before joining the company) and it would've saved them a significant amount of trouble. It's phenomenal how bad at PR kjh is.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
PM Fans bad at reading, PM Boss bad at writing. It rhymes.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Uninstalled, might be back in future if this ever resolves itself appropriately, but to be honest I wasn’t looking forward to slogging through RR2 either. What a shitshow.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mercurially posted:

The wild thing is that if Vellmori did indeed resign on her own, they could have just...said that as their initial announcement instead of going on about how she's being terminated for breaking company policy (via, you know, tweets she'd already deleted before joining the company) and it would've saved them a significant amount of trouble. It's phenomenal how bad at PR kjh is.

PM management in general is utter poo poo(and not in the normal corporate way where there's 20 managers who do nothing except make themselves feel important all day, I mean basic management of time/work/pr/etc) to the point where i'm p. sure it doesn't exist and kjh wings it personally, except most of the time he's too busy hiding under his desk because a bird flew too close to his window

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Uncle Khasim posted:

Uninstalled, might be back in future if this ever resolves itself appropriately, but to be honest I wasn’t looking forward to slogging through RR2 either. What a shitshow.

Honestly? You're not missing out on much. RR2 was a gigantic loving slog that they somehow made both tedious AND stressful! It's honestly kinda impressive. I managed to get the bragging rights tag completely by accident just because I wanted all the rewards, even though I was totally ambushed by the last fight (It might've been the 8 hours of playing limbus company talking but for some reason I didn't wholly understand that the terminus was another fight).

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Don’t forget that her leaving the company on her own sure doesn’t track with the whole “don’t worry incels, we’re deleting all the art she’s done for the next chapter” thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Im assuming thats just because she wasnt done with the art, rather than all the work already being done and them throwing it out