Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Hwurmp posted:

never threaten to kill people

always kill them without warning

I did this and missed out on a side story in BG3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

mycot posted:

Regardless it is lovely that this forum and elsewhere can't help but do the "well the company didn't act perfectly but this is unreasonable" thing when this is probably one of the most universally agreed to be bad decisions ever.
It's lovely that this forum isn't in favor of making death threats?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

teethgrinder posted:

I don't remember why got onto my wishlist, but it sounds and looks really cool: https://store.steampowered.com/app/505230/Pathologic_2/

Reviews well too. $11 CAD on sale.

It is a very cool game, and well worth that price, imo.

A few tips if you decide to get into it:

-You will feel lost, like you were dropped into something right in the middle of the story. This is by design. Talk to people, and your character will indirectly answer certain questions like "That word you used is one of the steppe people. How do you know that?" and so on.

-The game is oppressive, and also unforgiving. You will feel like you're barely scraping by at times. Just keep at it and do what you have to to keep the story going. This is the theme of the story involving an approaching plague.

-While there are combat mechanics, this is not a game about combat. Anything more than a one-on-one will be more trouble than it's worth. And even one-on-one is more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes.

-Bolding this because it's probably the most important. Don't save scum. Play on with the mistakes you have made (and even the mistakes you think you've made.)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

I don't remember why got onto my wishlist, but it sounds and looks really cool: https://store.steampowered.com/app/505230/Pathologic_2/

It's an excellent game but also a very difficult and unforgiving one.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

teethgrinder posted:

lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and they lived happily ever after, and horribly ever before

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Party Animals betas are rolling out ahead of the launch next week and... I don't loving understand why this game languished for like 2+ years after they said it'd launch in 2020.

They added maps and more beanbag animals. What the gently caress did you spend the rest of the time doing! Why haven't we been playing this chaos brawler for years at this point!

Glad it's on Game Pass so I don't have to give these jerks any money for making me wait.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

teethgrinder posted:

This is one of the best games ever. Writing is on par with Disco Elysium, but gameplay is very unforgiving.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Any awesome co-op pvp party games for more people than 4? :3 Probably not FPS stuff. I already have Duck Game, it supports 8 peeps since an update year or two ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sininu posted:

Any awesome co-op pvp party games for more people than 4? :3 Probably not FPS stuff. I already have Duck Game, it supports 8 peeps since an update year or two ago.

All of the Jack box games.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Crew Motorfest released today and has a free five hour trial period. Seems pretty cool so far, although the vastly shrunken map is a disappointment to me personally, not to mention that it's not even a 1:1 scale of Oahu, which is a pretty small island to begin with.

That being said the handling feels quite good, arcadey but with the right amount of realism injected as well. Better than FH5 for my money. And it looks great. Gonna be fun to play for five hours and then buy it in a year or two for ten or twenty bucks.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

mystes posted:

It's lovely that this forum isn't in favor of making death threats?

Who is "in favor of making death threats" itt?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

ymgve posted:

I did this and missed out on a side story in BG3

did it and got an achievement in BG3 so may be good advice after all :shrug:

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

Sininu posted:

Pummel Party is always a blast. Boardgame overworld with a bunch of Super Mario party style minigames that works for capital G gamers and more casual players.

Nidhogg is a lot of fun if you do local tournament brackets and pass off the controller in 1v1s.

And Worms! But depending on how many you are and in what context you're playing waiting for your turn might be a bit of a bore. Golf It!/Golf With Your Friends with the same caveat (but if it's online then that's not a problem).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

KazigluBey posted:

I am. Is that controversial or something

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Death threats over video games are always unreasonable.

What about death threats over livelihoods and careers?

(Still no because they’re only effective for lovely bigots trying to shut down abortion clinics and gender-affirming care centers)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

stop reading about it and play it now. good luck, have fun. report back.

mystes
May 31, 2006

KazigluBey posted:

What do you think the post I was responding to was saying then?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mystes posted:

I believe they think it's annoying that people will say "the thing the company did is bad but this response isn't acceptable" over the death threat, as though it is in any way representative of the backlash against the company, rather than maintain focus on the lovely thing the company did.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

mystes posted:

Mycot was saying it's irrelevant if the death threat came from within the company or not.

Separately they were saying it's lovely anyone's defending Unity's attempt to charge anyone at all on the basis of someone somewhere installing a video game. I don't think I've seen any, "What's wrong that" ITT, but I have seen it on other sites.

Or at least that was my interpretation of the post :shrug:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Let's not dwell on what I think is just a misunderstanding.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

sirtommygunn posted:

I believe they think it's annoying that people will say "the thing the company did is bad but this response isn't acceptable" over the death threat, as though it is in any way representative of the backlash against the company, rather than maintain focus on the lovely thing the company did.

Yeah I meant this, but your post is better worded.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Croccers posted:

Made some lovely roguelike shooter game called The Nuclear Throne or something.

Nuclear throne kicks rear end

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The 7th Guest posted:

hey folks Wizardry remake just dropped

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2518960/Wizardry_Proving_Grounds_of_the_Mad_Overlord/

by Digital Eclipse (SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, The Making of Karateka, TMNT Cowabunga Collection). starting in Early Access ($29.99) as they flesh out the revamped visuals and fix bugs

Oh wow. I remember playing the original on, I think an NES? as a little kid. I don't think I ever managed to do much beyond roll characters a million times to get enough stats to have a ninja in my party and then die horribly

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sininu posted:

Gang Beasts is another option

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Anyone playing Lies of P? It's really good so far but the onscreen overlay showing the controls is annoying and I don't seem to see a way to turn it off without disabling the entire UI. Otherwise no gripes!

edit: Oh nevermind it disappears by itself once you're out of the first area and get the delayed opening title drop (which I always love). Carry on.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 16, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Anyone playing Lies of P? It's really good so far but the onscreen overlay showing the controls is annoying and I don't seem to see a way to turn it off without disabling the entire UI. Otherwise no gripes!

edit: Oh nevermind it disappears by itself once you're out of the first area and get the delayed opening title drop (which I always love). Carry on.

I’m not a huge fan so far, just reached the factory area last night. The only things where the parry timing hasn’t felt egregiously off to me are the second boss’ flurry attack and the big great sword cops. The timing on pretty much everything else feels odd and the general lack of enemy reaction to being hit - though they have a massive reaction to being rolled into - I’m not terribly into.

Going to keep poking at it though, it takes a bunch of aspects from various games in the genre that I think are all good additions and makes some of its own. Refilling a single heal once you’re out through aggression and parrying is a fun idea, the weapon assembly is very cool and having weapon durability be a thing but one you can just fix on the fly is a nice wrinkle.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm trying the new The Crew on that trial they're offering and I kinda hate it. It feels like such an aggressively bland attempt at copying Forza Horizon wholesale. The robot lady narrating your every move in this game is somehow more obnoxious than the robot lady narrating your every move in FH5. I also find the events to be very stupid from what I've seen because they're like "If we can't bring you to Japan we'll bring Japan to you!" which of course means doing a hill climb in an NSX with giant inflatable dragons and paper lanterns while the other drivers talk dryly about the NSX the entire time. The classics event is driving a Shelby cobra in a race with a sepia filter and giant inflatable balloons that say "60's" and "70's" on the sides of the road. Also I hate racing games with Nitro boosters on every car.

The game doesn't seem terrible in a vacuum but with FH5 existing this just feels like a lame duck attempt to ride Microsoft's coattails.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Kaitosoft has a bundle of their games for $7!

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34956/Kairosoft_Games_Are_Made_In_Unity/

Because their made in unity :(

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 16, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Seems like a weird reason to do a sale? Is the pitch like, "Buy and play it now before installing it costs me money pls"?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
makes me wonder about their 46 other games

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: nm

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So if I hate a Unity game developer, after January 1st I could just uninstall and reinstall their game at 20 cents a try until I exceed the price I paid for it?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ponzicar posted:

So if I hate a Unity game developer, after January 1st I could just uninstall and reinstall their game at 20 cents a try until I exceed the price I paid for it?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ponzicar posted:

You might want to wait on the internet’s most powerful haters to discover the install/uninstall pattern that bypasses Unity’s patented AI/ML abuse detection system

For example, what if you could install on both your local machine and AWS/Nvidia VMs?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Kaitosoft has a bundle of their games for $7!

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34956/Kairosoft_Games_Are_Made_In_Unity/

Because their made in unity :(

Their games are fantastic phone time wasters.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

explosivo posted:

I'm trying the new The Crew on that trial they're offering and I kinda hate it. It feels like such an aggressively bland attempt at copying Forza Horizon wholesale. The robot lady narrating your every move in this game is somehow more obnoxious than the robot lady narrating your every move in FH5. I also find the events to be very stupid from what I've seen because they're like "If we can't bring you to Japan we'll bring Japan to you!" which of course means doing a hill climb in an NSX with giant inflatable dragons and paper lanterns while the other drivers talk dryly about the NSX the entire time. The classics event is driving a Shelby cobra in a race with a sepia filter and giant inflatable balloons that say "60's" and "70's" on the sides of the road. Also I hate racing games with Nitro boosters on every car.

The game doesn't seem terrible in a vacuum but with FH5 existing this just feels like a lame duck attempt to ride Microsoft's coattails.

The driving felt like utter poo poo to me in The Crew and the The Crew 2, I have no idea why the reviews for it are so high, it sucks.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I'm sure that's very rare, who would pirate games?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would absolutely download a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Still surprised they aren't charging to reload your clip mid gunfight. Ceo seemed adamant about doing it lol