Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah like cool you have a combi oven lah dee dah showoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

The Kirkland carbonated flavored waters are loving vile, it tastes like they used 5 times more Splenda than they needed to.

Motherfuck, that was the one value better than the hot dog. Like 3 meals and pot of soup.

The kirks I get are unsweetend, the plastic wrapped flat. The one's used for mixer. Basically fight me irl

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hammu-rob-i posted:

The kirks I get are unsweetend, the plastic wrapped flat. The one's used for mixer. Basically fight me irl

Yeah I'm sure those are fine but I'm talking about these:

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Flavored-Sparkling-Variety/dp/B07H4X93D8

I drink a ton of diet soda and those Mio so I've got plenty of sucralose tolerance, but these are sickeningly oversweetened, my bf thought the same thing.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah those are way too sweet.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I mean the gimmick is just that he sous vides it right? That's what a sous vide beef looks like before the outside is treated.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s an affront to god.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Taima posted:

I mean the gimmick is just that he sous vides it right? That's what a sous vide beef looks like before the outside is treated.

it’s temperature specific cooking—but, not sous vide. sous vide necessitates that the food is vacuum packed. that’s why it’s called “sous vide”

SnoPuppy
Jun 15, 2005
Are people actually unaware of what reverse sear (or sous vide) meat looks like, before the sear?

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
sous videez nutz :balldo:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

heres my watery nerd lab for meat

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Beep boop I'm inverting the polarity on my steak-o-tron 3000 to produce the most hosed up looking beef of all time

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

SnoPuppy posted:

Are people actually unaware of what reverse sear (or sous vide) meat looks like, before the sear?

You just expect a goon to not gently caress up their food? I need photo proof of the sear. I don't trust like that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

it’s temperature specific cooking—but, not sous vide. sous vide necessitates that the food is vacuum packed. that’s why it’s called “sous vide”

Ok but you take it out of the vacuum bag to finish cooking it

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

People who sear their steaks secretly want well done steak but they’re too afraid to commit so they just get the outside seared. Same goes for anyone who use any sort of steak sauce; just get ketchup and live your life to the fullest.

Sous vide steak, ketchup, pair with a diet 7Up to compete the meal.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Tiny Timbs posted:

Ok but you take it out of the vacuum bag to finish cooking it

I think op is living fat and does all of this by loving around with the wet-bulb temperature in their combi oven

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

reverse sear kicks rear end especially if you salt it 24 hours ahead of time

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
anyone checked costco pharmacy for the new covid booster? None of mine show it in the list of possible options so I'm wondering if it's a local supply thing or a national supply thing

also if you see chocolate covered rainier cherries do and/or don't buy them. Do if you don't go to my costco because I want them all.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

My two year old loses her poo poo if we go to Costco and don’t go to the food court immediately for hot dogs. She points at the hot dog sign and will sing and jump after eating her pieces. I wish they had a kids costco soda cup costume like the dog toys they had a few years ago, she would probably wear it and I could go as a hot dog for Halloween

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

(Not in reference to the poster above me.)

Weekend afternoon Costco is truly just a bad parenting convention. But I’m getting much better at accepting that I’m the one out of place, and it’s not the time or the place to think things like “Maybe parents shouldn’t run over their kids with the big flat carts.” That’s their prerogative.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've noticed that my Costco is busy at exactly the times I would think to try and go to avoid it being busy: immediately when it opens on Tuesday, 3pm on a Friday, Saturday nights, Sunday mornings.

But when I go at like 5:45 on a weekday right after work, or at like one on Sunday after church lets out, it's dead as hell. Is everybody else at my Costco overthinking this too?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

But when I go at like 5:45 on a weekday right after work, or at like one on Sunday after church lets out, it's dead as hell. Is everybody else at my Costco overthinking this too?

Nope. Folks usually stock up on the weekend, so if you go in the evening on a weekday you’re mostly seeing customers getting only a couple things they forgot to get on the weekend.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The durian ice cream is incredible and all, but I’ve never seen ice cream list butter as the second ingredient before. :stonk:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just joined Costco cause they stopped selling stretchtite at the nearby grocery store and nothing else compares. Tell me your favorite food/products that I need to be buying now that I’m a member.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
2 gs

$1.50 w refill

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

gasoline

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Lazyhound posted:

The durian ice cream is incredible and all, but I’ve never seen ice cream list butter as the second ingredient before. :stonk:

butter is mostly just heavy cream that's been whizzed around a bunch -shrug-

now if only they'd leave the durian out of durian ice cream, you might have something!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Brother Tadger posted:

Just joined Costco cause they stopped selling stretchtite at the nearby grocery store and nothing else compares. Tell me your favorite food/products that I need to be buying now that I’m a member.

Any carb based snack is a ripoff anywhere but Costco.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wow! A redditor scored this mislabeled wagyu for only 40 bucks….

Some people have all the luck!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
oh man i would have gone full robbery mode there and RUN to the self checkout

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bird with big dick posted:

Yep got a pretty good sear on it this time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird with bird brain

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

friend of a friend's fb post

what is happening to church

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

whats a cholo fight

did he misspell churro and they were fighting over a churro?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

That’s why I don’t go to the Lakewood Costco.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it wasn't lakewood

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

pencilhands posted:

whats a cholo fight

did he misspell churro and they were fighting over a churro?

it's wild to know what a churro is but not know what a cholo is

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m pretty sure a cholo is a churro that’s been dipped in chocolate

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

I’m pretty sure a cholo is a churro that’s been dipped in chocolate

You would gently caress up something this delicious sounding somehow

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

had a guy get all weird and try to start poo poo this weekend when i pushed his cart out of my way while he was waiting for a free sample. sample lady was staring at him all about to bolt

fortunately, i am huge, so he decided to throw his sample on the ground then furiously wheel his cart away after my response was to just laugh at him

real deranged behavior

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Isn’t it kind of mean to just move someone elses cart

I would have said excuse me or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

pencilhands posted:

Isn’t it kind of mean to just move someone elses cart

I would have said excuse me or something

Costco owns the cart, not you, the customer. If you leave that in the way then it's going to get moved. The entire shopping experience relies on everyone moving all the time. If you want to stop and ponder you'd better do it in front of something slow to move like sacks of rice.