Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Brand appearing on GBNews saying how Channel 4 should be privatized in 5...4...3....2...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Brand's close friend Jonathan Ross also started dating Jane Goldman when she was 16 and he was in his late 20s.

Ross is poo poo, but he married Jane Goldman and they're still together 35 years later so that's one thing I'm not going to criticise him for.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus Christ. Just read it. That is some eye wateringly awful poo poo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
After the initial shock, Jo Brand sighs in relief.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Yeah, seriously. 31 year old Brand sent a car to pick up his 16 year old 'girlfriend' from secondary school, encouraged her to read Lolita and to deceive her parents, then proceeded to violently sexually assault her. He violently raped another girlfriend, who attended a rape crisis centre the next day.

It goes way beyond "lol of *course* Russell Brand is a sex pest, lol". The man's a monster.

Chinese Gordon fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 16, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/youwouldknow/status/1703001404560863533?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gorn Myson posted:

Labour in 2015 had bigger problems than Russell Brand telling people not to vote. Besides, the most embarrassing thing in that exchange was Robert Webb penning an Guardian article attacking him and telling him to "read some loving Orwell".

yeah i just chose that as an example of how little thought goes into what he does - it wasn't a comment on Ed Milliband's Labour

he talks about his trews thing as if it was spawned from some great epiphany of his but he comes across like a sixth former going through a phase

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

crispix posted:

he comes across like a sixth former going through a phase

He was probably heavily influenced by whoever he was dating at the time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the little britain duo & david jason breathing a sigh of relief tonight

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Beefeater1980 posted:

She was always the Home Counties Principled (thick and unimaginative rather than self interested and evil) kind of Tory. She got to be in charge of the immediate fallout of the Brexit vote and the Tory party tearing itself apart so that Boris could ride in and take the credit for “ending” (starting) that. It’s not surprising that she’s developing a couple of more normal human views the further she gets away from actual power.

She’ll be all for huntin’ shootin’ and fishin’, thinking the countryside is the real Britain and poor people are that way because they’re just too lazy. But still, first Tory leader since John Major who wasn’t actively malevolent.

E: sex pests - ever since Brand and Jonathan Ross called up Andrew Sachs to be vile it’s been obvious they weren’t just ordinary dickheads they were incredibly awful people.

lolnope, May is/was a monster of outlandish proportions.

quote:

The Home Office is refusing to reveal how many detainees have been sexually assaulted or raped inside Yarl’s Wood Immigration Removal Centre in Bedfordshire in case the information becoming public knowledge harms the “commercial interests” of private companies that are involved in running it, The Independent can reveal.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
you don't get to be the longest serving Home Secretary in over 60 years without being so really

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

"During other Radio 2 episodes, Brand made a series of sexual remarks about the newsreader Andrea Simmons, describing her on air as “erotic” and a “sex bomb”, and telling listeners that he would like to “go under the desk” while she was reading the news. Several times after this it is implied that Brand was forced to apologise by BBC production staff.
In May 2007, Brand called Jimmy Savile, who suggested the pair could meet if Brand brought along a sister. Brand doesn’t have a sister, so instead offered to bring a female employee — agreeing, on Savile’s request, that she should be naked."

well gee he concealed it all so well too

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I posted about this a few pages back, but there's video now:

https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/status/1703046410000621805

Incredible turnaround times

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
shitheads

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/13/eyes-on-the-prize-union-delegates-dial-down-doubts-about-keir-starmer

quote:

“What do they have to do, sign it in blood?” one source said, of the workers’ rights policies.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

fuctifino posted:

I posted about this a few pages back, but there's video now:

https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/status/1703046410000621805

Incredible turnaround times

At this point I'm reasonably confident Starmer is just changing policy without discussing it with anyone in his shadow cabinet.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brand should have something funny happen to him in England.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chinese Gordon posted:

Yeah, seriously. 31 year old Brand sent a car to pick up his 16 year old 'girlfriend' from secondary school, encouraged her to read Lolita and to deceive her parents, then proceeded to violently sexually assault her. He violently raped another girlfriend, who attended a rape crisis centre the next day.

It goes way beyond "lol of *course* Russell Brand is a sex pest, lol". The man's a monster.

Yeah it wasn’t my intention to minimise how much of a shitbag he is

It was more of a view on how the situation is now seemingly downgraded from “Noncegeddon is coming for the British comedy scene” to “One ‘comic’ is a rapist piece of poo poo”

Polly Pickpocket
May 14, 2012

Jedit posted:

Ross is poo poo, but he married Jane Goldman and they're still together 35 years later so that's one thing I'm not going to criticise him for.

He started going out with her when she was 16 and he was 26, then they married when she turned 18. I'd happily criticise him for that.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it wasn’t my intention to minimise how much of a shitbag he is

It was more of a view on how the situation is now seemingly downgraded from “Noncegeddon is coming for the British comedy scene” to “One ‘comic’ is a rapist piece of poo poo”

Dispatches might accuse some other comedians later, or maybe there are other comedians who knew about Brand and were accessory somehow.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Dispatches might accuse some other comedians later, or maybe there are other comedians who knew about Brand and were accessory somehow.

Posters here are certainly hope so. That it justifies their Comic I don’t like must be a nonce stance.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Posters here are certainly hope so. That it justifies their Comic I don’t like must be a nonce stance.

:dafuq:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The Times article quotes Daniel Sloss (the only comedian to come forward without anonymity) saying theres WhatsApp groups where female comedians discuss dodgy men on the circuit, so maybe that will get discussed a bit.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Did you miss the pages of speculation and hoping Jimmy Carr or someone was a sex offender?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Why does speculating as to who it might be equate to hoping that that person is a paedo?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Polly Pickpocket posted:

He started going out with her when she was 16 and he was 26, then they married when she turned 18. I'd happily criticise him for that.

How many nonces does this island have?!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mebh posted:

I will be very disappointed if noncegeddon is just Russell loving Brand who is a class A twat anyway.

I was hoping for at least 75% of the overly posh and privileged Oxbridge educated panel circuit that propped up the anti Corbyn media circus to have to get in the bin.

E: speaking of UK comedy circuit regulars (not so much anymore) what does the thread make of Nish Kumar these days? since he started doing Pod save the UK. I know we weren't collectively much a fan of the American version due to the Obama whitewashing.

I mean there are other posts but that’s one that literally says they’re hoping they’re sex offenders.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Not So Fast posted:

At this point we should round up anyone who isn't a nonce and put them on a remote island where they can indulge in their consensual sex with adults kink.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

At this point we should round up anyone who isn't a nonce and put them on a remote island where they can indulge in their consensual sex with adults kink.

Tried that with the Pitcairn Islands and welp :ohno:

Wait read that a bit wrong, eh whatever

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

As long as my boys Horne/Key/Watto are all ok I don't mind about anyone else really.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I have bad news about Watto's involvement with the Tatooine slave trade

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Not So Fast posted:

People can no longer think of the British Isles without the word "Paedoph" in front of them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Personally I do like it better if less people overall are sex monsters regardless of how I feel about them as individuals

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

In Britain you are never more than 50 metres from a nonce.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/wsebag/status/1703026810768838658

lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

In Britain you are never more than 50 metres from a nonce.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Aramoro posted:

I mean there are other posts but that’s one that literally says they’re hoping they’re sex offenders.

Fair point then.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao at the people springing to defend Rusty the Rapist

https://twitter.com/mrbarrymore/status/1702988198383685849?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Meh, if it was popstars, politicans, film makers, actors, religious figures, whatever, we would have still gave our troll guesses.
That Archbishop of Liverpool, eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/152490093465186306