Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Caphi posted:

I'm going to regret even considering this, but how does Carl get around normally?

Presumably he walks everywhere. Man has glutes that could bend steel.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

"Dude! I win!"

Copper Ma, you are such a wiener!

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

I fully expect Phantom to be a moron and tell Savarna all the stuff he's keeping from her anyway.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 13, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

How the gently caress is using Mars' solar tech only on phones supposed to help with the whole global warming thing, Holbrook? This is giving me 'better things aren't possible' vibes.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

amigolupus posted:

"Dude! I win!"

Copper Ma, you are such a wiener!

That's not how you spell 'winner':colbert:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Clever lol

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sundae posted:

"And by that I mean, let's gently caress."

"It is after all what Mozz prophesied."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Isn't keeping your phone at 100% constantly bad for the battery long-term, anyway? Or was that older Li-ion batteries and newer ones are better about it? Or whatever the new batteries are made of these days

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 16, 2023

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'm back from vacation! What did I miss?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Nancy 1943

Unfortunately, that also means Pluggers returns

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 19, 1959)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Man there's an awful lot of rear end in a top hat, literal-backstabbing knights around whose kings don't actually do anything to punish them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Man there's an awful lot of rear end in a top hat, literal-backstabbing knights around whose kings don't actually do anything to punish them.

Well it's the safest way, isn't it?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Important part of being a king is to start wars, so your knights won't be spending time in your country.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Malachite_Dragon posted:

We can’t just remove the entire feudal system. Someone needs to manage all of the lands of the kingdom with a cruel and miserly band!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/15/03

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 9/13-15/51

Those of you who, like me, grew up reading Richie Rich comics will remember Reggie Van Dough as the name of Richie's rear end in a top hat cousin. Did the Richie creators swipe the name from Messick, or were they both inspired by Jackie Gleason's Reginald Van Gleason character?

Anyway, no Superpowered Brenda here. Will Depressed Brenda do?

Smokey Stover 11/4/56

Everyday Movies 10/10/36

"If it hadn't been for you, we'd of been riding home in a taxicab."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/12-14/42

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (September 18, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (April 20, 1940)

Out Our Way (October 29-31, 1942)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

You tell 'im, kid.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

For the papers where this is printed in black and white, I wonder if anyone at first glance took the fig leaves to be great big masses of curly hair.

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (September 18, 1976)

Is Peppermint Patty's dad loaded or something? I don't remember anything else that indicates she comes from money.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Wait, so the newspaper didn't gently caress up the order of those Crankshaft comics like I thought they did? He literally just spent one day interrogating that old lady in the rain why she's not driving her grandkid to school like other parents, and then we jump to the next day where she shows some leg to get him to stop so that Crankshaft can creep on her.

I really hope this doesn't mean we're about to get weeks of Crankshaft being a sexist pig.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Do schools still teach cursive? Does anyone still care about cursive?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Is Peppermint Patty's dad loaded or something? I don't remember anything else that indicates she comes from money.

Definitely not. We know that her father's a single parent who's in steady but demanding work; the strip generally hints that they're keeping their heads above water but aren't well off. Even a very cheap private school would likely be a major cost for them.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Our worst fears are coming to pass. Whatever Boyce has is spreading.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "266 - Jucika Transforms"

"267 - Jucika In Social Work"

"baleset-elhárítási hónap = accident-prevention month"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Caphi posted:

Boomers care. They also drank from the hose and rode in the backs of pickups, and this is important to them for some reason.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Rene Belluso is a really bad criminal.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

What pisses me off most here is she's probably gonna end up with that guy after all.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Caphi posted:

For the most part no, because it is generally recognized as a completely obsolete and useless skill that may actually delay children's ability to read and write. A shockingly huge number of older people are outraged that this obsolete skill is not being forced on today's children.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm guessing Belluso's gun is either a) not loaded or b) a toy gun a la Clark Griswold, knowing his level of criminal aptitude.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm guessing Belluso's gun is either a) not loaded or b) a toy gun a la Clark Griswold, knowing his level of criminal aptitude.

that would be an intelligent move to reduce the possible charges he faces if caught and therefore not in rene's bag of options

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Caphi posted:

I taught myself cursive when I taught myself to write with my right hand. It's pretty neat.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

How the gently caress is using Mars' solar tech only on phones supposed to help with the whole global warming thing, Holbrook? This is giving me 'better things aren't possible' vibes.

Why give a poo poo about global warming anyway since you can just gently caress with Earth's DNA or some poo poo and grow all the trees back and fix everything? Go ahead and keep turbofucking the planet, Safe Havens nerds!

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Huh?

Luann

Then I don't know, go out somewhere and try to pick up chicks. It's not Les's fault you're sitting around like a sad sack. Jesus.

Gil Thorp

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
holy poo poo

did

did we get off the boat with this Phantom storyline?

is the jailbreak finally over?

christ Gunther is a stupid prick

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 16, 2023

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Doomykins posted:

holy poo poo

did

did we get off the boat with this Phantom storyline?

is the jailbreak finally over?

christ Gunther is a stupid prick

Now Phantom is in a small camp with his wife and Savarna.

That's a formula for hijinks if I ever saw one.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Les is a really good friend to put up with this and still try to help Gunther get over the end of his relationship. The main characters in this strip remain the worst people.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Phantom is home and the Big Boy Gunter arc has concluded, but comics time is never over

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gnoman posted:

For the most part no, because it is generally recognized as a completely obsolete and useless skill that may actually delay children's ability to read and write. A shockingly huge number of older people are outraged that this obsolete skill is not being forced on today's children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Multiple studies have found that schoolchildren writing in block letters write faster and more legibly than cursive writing from people who have been writing in cursive for their entire lives. Cursive is useful if you are using a dip or fountain pen because it reduces blotting. If you are using a ballpoint or pencil it is completely useless.