Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I'm going to give it a shot, it's almost certainly worse than pure burn but the Tony win is fun and I want it for the goof factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

goferchan posted:

Yeah I'm going to give it a shot, it's almost certainly worse than pure burn but the Tony win is fun and I want it for the goof factor

OK so I am at D3 with this right now.

It cuts the ETC cause that like never fuckin' worked well, and adds back a bit more of a late game with Jeklik.

I feel like you could easily manage a Scourge Supplies/Tony build. Cut the Jeklik and Boneweb for Tony and Scourge? Maybe?

### Disco
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Chamber of Viscidus
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Tiny Knight of Evil
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (4) Fist of Jaraxxus
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 1x (4) High Priestess Jeklik
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
AAEBAcn1AgKPggPwhgMOzgfEFNkV1LMCvLYC8tAC/aQDurYD1dED0OEDmJIFq5IF86EG9qEGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

May God have mercy on my eternal soul

### Disco 2.0
#
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Scourge Supplies
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
#
AAEBAcn1AgKPggPN0AUOzgfEFNkV1LMCvLYC8tAC/aQDurYD0OEDmJIFpZIFq5IF86EG9qEGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah we're cooking now. Got the 1HP Tony ping 2 games in a row.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao did it VS a mill Druid. Gottem!!!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I want to make sure I’m not missing something about Twist:

They took a bunch of Wild cards and “reprinted” them, buffing them for Twist. For example Jade Behemoth had its cost reduced. There seem to be two versions of this card, one in the Gadgetzan set and one in the Caverns set. I just opened a Caverns pack and got a third Jade Behemoth, and wasn’t given the option to auto-disenchant it.

This would make sense if there were two versions of the card, but when I look at the card and others like it, they seem both to be the reprinted version. Am I missing something?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dr Christmas posted:

I want to make sure I’m not missing something about Twist:

They took a bunch of Wild cards and “reprinted” them, buffing them for Twist. For example Jade Behemoth had its cost reduced. There seem to be two versions of this card, one in the Gadgetzan set and one in the Caverns set. I just opened a Caverns pack and got a third Jade Behemoth, and wasn’t given the option to auto-disenchant it.

This would make sense if there were two versions of the card, but when I look at the card and others like it, they seem both to be the reprinted version. Am I missing something?

The little set logo on the card is different but that’s about all the difference. The dupe protection should have given you any new CoT common and any reprint you didn’t have 2 copies of already before it gave you a 3rd Jade Behemoth.

Also the cards are buffed full stop not only for Twist, they’re legal wherever the originals are.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I have a challenge a friend quest if anyone in the EU region wants a level, Gearmastery#2297 is the name. I've had it for ages now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blasmeister posted:

The little set logo on the card is different but that’s about all the difference. The dupe protection should have given you any new CoT common and any reprint you didn’t have 2 copies of already before it gave you a 3rd Jade Behemoth.

Also the cards are buffed full stop not only for Twist, they’re legal wherever the originals are.

I think the dupe protection is just bugged for Caverns of Time right now

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Is there a good counter to this dumb twist warlock disco deck or are you just supposed to clobber them when they don't play both rooms in the first 3 turns(which they seem to do 100 percent of the time)?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

RatHat posted:

I think the dupe protection is just bugged for Caverns of Time right now

Nah, it’s just a weird set. It’s only got like four new commons, so you’re going to be pulling stuff you already own within three or four packs.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Loatheb got dropped in favor of Cho'gall and I got Wild Legend. I doubt this list will be updated until new cards come out:

### Discard Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 1x (8) Cho'gall
# 1x (30) Fanottem, Lord of the Opera
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
AAEBAcn1AgKPggP9xAUOzgfEFNkV1LMCvLYC8tAC/aQDurYD1dED0OEDmJIFq5IF86EG9qEGAAEDzdAF/cQFrOkF/cQF+KEG/cQFAAA=
#

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Miniset next Tuesday. Yogg is the theme, and constructed is getting its own version of the Anomaly system from Battlegrounds. For the first week, all games will have an anomaly; after that, every game until the fall expansion launch will have a 25% chance of one. Additionally, Cho’gall gets a new card which adds a separate 25% chance for one as long as it’s in your deck, so you’ll have a chance at double-anomaly games in that period.

…Not sure how I feel about that, in all honesty. Feels super-gimmicky, and some of the revealed anomalies help certain decks far more than others. Imagine playing your Magatha deck and getting the one that gives both players OG Yogg at the start of the game.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
If Twist was getting that kind of thing, I'd be fine with it. But in Ranked... I play Teamfight Tactics, and while they do similarly gonzo things in the last patch of any given set that's... well, the last patch of the set. The final few weeks when everyone is kind of burnt out with the format and most players are about as high as they're going to get in ranked. Not right after a huge shakeup in content when everyone is going to be making the push to Legend again.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Right now I think its funny but I'm probably gonna be furious when I lose to (or can blame) an anomaly.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I would be really pissed if I lost a tournament to an anomaly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think it’s a bold choice to just kill your game like this but it will be funny to watch

Btw arcane hunter, already a good deck, can now curve into 4 mana 16/16 worth of rush without needing a legendary so look forward to that

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

If Twist was getting that kind of thing, I'd be fine with it. But in Ranked... I play Teamfight Tactics, and while they do similarly gonzo things in the last patch of any given set that's... well, the last patch of the set. The final few weeks when everyone is kind of burnt out with the format and most players are about as high as they're going to get in ranked. Not right after a huge shakeup in content when everyone is going to be making the push to Legend again.

Well said. They should have waited for the end of the meta, like they did with the Doom in the Tomb event. That was a super fun revitalization for the first few days, and while it got solved pretty fast, at least it was at the end of that current meta, not the beginning. I guess a week isn't too bad, but it still feels somewhat off for it to be right at the launch of the miniset.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
as if rngstone wasn't loaded with enough highroll bullshit already...

don't think i've been this bummed out by an expac / miniset announcement in a long time. they should've kept this crap to bgs and twist.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Next release is going to be a good spot for lots of people to take a break, I'm sure. Really can't see this landing well after the novelty of the first week wears off.

Also big lol at the new cho'gall. Hey you wanna do some funny meme games? Well how about having a boulderfist ogre 75% of the time you try!

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 12, 2023

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
boulderfist ogre with taunt and lifesteal would be a semi-reasonable card tbf. like probably not playable but not embarrassing

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Yeah true! I was mainly poking fun at how bad that text is. They should just have made it like noz where both players have it in the deck for it to fire

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Last King posted:

as if rngstone wasn't loaded with enough highroll bullshit already...

don't think i've been this bummed out by an expac / miniset announcement in a long time. they should've kept this crap to bgs and twist.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah true! I was mainly poking fun at how bad that text is. They should just have made it like noz where both players have it in the deck for it to fire

I'm told it does always fire if both players run it, actually

granted you may specifically object to the 25% chance if it's only one, but at the very least it's guaranteed if both players are sickos

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bravesword posted:

Miniset next Tuesday. Yogg is the theme, and constructed is getting its own version of the Anomaly system from Battlegrounds. For the first week, all games will have an anomaly; after that, every game until the fall expansion launch will have a 25% chance of one. Additionally, Cho’gall gets a new card which adds a separate 25% chance for one as long as it’s in your deck, so you’ll have a chance at double-anomaly games in that period.

…Not sure how I feel about that, in all honesty. Feels super-gimmicky, and some of the revealed anomalies help certain decks far more than others. Imagine playing your Magatha deck and getting the one that gives both players OG Yogg at the start of the game.

Wtf I don’t want that poo poo in standard.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

thebardyspoon posted:

I have a challenge a friend quest if anyone in the EU region wants a level, Gearmastery#2297 is the name. I've had it for ages now.

Sent a request as Duskmoor, got the quest too, can also grind some achievements for xp.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Desdinova posted:

Sent a request as Duskmoor, got the quest too, can also grind some achievements for xp.

I am dumb, it's Gearmaster#2297, dunno why I added a Y.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

thebardyspoon posted:

Welp maybe going to be friends with two Gearmasters

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
I know it's old, but Dalaran Heist remains great. Popping four Orbs of the Untold in a row and knocking out the final heroic boss was a great way to end a run.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

I also added you as Oenis. I frequently reroll friend-quests because my friendlist keeps dwindling.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I have a friend quest to knock out on NA. Carcass#11432, I'll be on later tonight.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
The world's saddest druid: https://hsreplay.net/replay/D62eN9TeJ8WQg9Ymsdpuqe

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This is going to get abused by like 3 classes who'll make infinite copies of it from Turn 4 onwards.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Mm... It's a purely reactive card, though. Unless the Tendrils are a lot more reliable than they look, you can't really win with this; it's a comeback mechanism.

I do wonder if the Tendrils cap at ten (or whatever the most expensive spell in the format is). It would kind of suck if you played ten of them and the rest became vanilla 1/1s.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just caught an Evan Shaman bot and somehow broke it so all it did was run out the clock and examine the location lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
New Yogg is the most consistent Yogg to date, and still looks strong, which is scary. Seems like a shoo-in for Priest and Demon Hunter, and probably good for Druid and Mage, as well. Shaman is the dark horse, potentially ups the power of Nature shaman to make it a contender again.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

New Yogg is gonna break Wild and get nerfed.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

New Yogg is gonna break Wild and get nerfed.

So you mean it's a day-1 craft. Let's rock and rollerblade.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Yestermoment posted:

So you mean it's a day-1 craft. Let's rock and rollerblade.

I already have DH and Druid and Warlock etc decks in mind. APM Yogg Mage are like the three worst words to combine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The free rewards tracks for Twist are dumb because they're tempting me to spend 5200 in dust to earn $2 in packs. I'm not gonna do it but gently caress that play or destroy 4 old gods quest.