Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's actually from the new series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

very risky blowjob posted:

looking up stuff for bg3 online rocks

"how do i beat flaming fist marcus this fight sucks dick"

simply use a scroll of polymorph

"i dont have that"

simply win the fight by successfully defeating your foes

"ok"

Cast sanctuary and invisibility on Isobel, and barricade the doors to stop the demons.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

He also wrote the NES game novelization for Ninja gaiden that I got a 1st grade book report out of (and authored many other video game books). In conclusion, RL Stine is a land of contrasts.

wait what? Really?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bg3: i got mad at a wizard so i did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQv8MIY68-4

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lol at this poster showing up and no one noticing

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

My high school library had some Flashman books lol, that's probably my worst

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Splash Attack posted:

reading firefly and all the weird little things i’d keep noticing in his other series suddenly clicking into place with horrifying detail

Yeah, I had been reading Anthony on and off between ages 12 and 14 and was starting to vaguely get suspicious of how often preteen girls were getting naked in those books, and then Firefly started going around my eighth-grade crowd (because it was a Piers Anthony with "real sex" in it) and suddenly, yeah, that moment where everything snaps into focus

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Martman posted:

Lol at this poster showing up and no one noticing

It's rude to call attention to celebrities when they're simply trying to post like the rest of us.

Oh and the most problematic things I read when I was younger would either be in high school when I did a book trade with a friend and he had me read Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. (I told him to read Guards! Guards! and he never did.) The gruesome child murder and the extended segment where the main character is tortured by a magical dominatrix in red leather were real weird to hit in math class.

Or there was another time I got a book from the high school library that was a retelling of a fairytale where a girl has to weave shirts out of nettles to save her brothers who were cursed to be swans. That was alright up to a really graphic rape sequence partway through. :stare:

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 16, 2023

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's rude to call attention to celebrities when they're simply trying to post like the rest of us.

celebrity acceptance has come so far...

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

also completely random cat question cross posted from pet island (which is generally dead now) because this thread gets a whole lot of eyes. sorry iks and rhino for any cat derails coming up, but...

serious kitten question, thanks in advance to any advice.

wife and i took in a pretty charming foundling boy kitten, approx. 8-week old, yesterday who's currently in quarantine away from our other cat in another room in the house. so we took the new guy into the vet this morning to get him dewormed and a blood test done: aside from the usual ear mites, he's pretty healthy, friendly, relatively socialized, not afraid of even the pitbull in the vet waiting room, tested negative for FIV and FeLV, strong appetite, lots of energy, no cough, sneezing, or cold symptoms.

HOWEVER, he did have a very faint line on his broad spectrum FeCV test; the vet seems to think it's nothing to worry about as only a very small percentage of cats that are exposed to FeCV or have antibodies have it mutate into FID and could even be a false positive. I'm a bit worried not just for the little guy, but for our 3 year old cat. how worried should we be about this? the new guy is going to be quarantined for at least a week as per vet's orders, but is there a risk of transmission to our OG cat?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
ahhh, our newest celebrity

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

also completely random cat question cross posted from pet island (which is generally dead now) because this thread gets a whole lot of eyes. sorry iks and rhino for any cat derails coming up, but...

serious kitten question, thanks in advance to any advice.

wife and i took in a pretty charming foundling boy kitten, approx. 8-week old, yesterday who's currently in quarantine away from our other cat in another room in the house. so we took the new guy into the vet this morning to get him dewormed and a blood test done: aside from the usual ear mites, he's pretty healthy, friendly, relatively socialized, not afraid of even the pitbull in the vet waiting room, tested negative for FIV and FeLV, strong appetite, lots of energy, no cough, sneezing, or cold symptoms.

HOWEVER, he did have a very faint line on his broad spectrum FeCV test; the vet seems to think it's nothing to worry about as only a very small percentage of cats that are exposed to FeCV or have antibodies have it mutate into FID and could even be a false positive. I'm a bit worried not just for the little guy, but for our 3 year old cat. how worried should we be about this? the new guy is going to be quarantined for at least a week as per vet's orders, but is there a risk of transmission to our OG cat?

Retest and/or if the kitten has a bout of the infection (diarrhea, coughing, wheezing), it means they have it and can potentially spread it so isolate and maintain good hygiene as best you can. Cats nearly always recover from FeCV. You probably won't know if the virus has the particular mutation(s) until the worst happens and the treatment for it is really new and not approved yet.

The kitten may have simply been exposed and had an immune response or gotten antibodies from it's mother in utero or from her milk.

Cranappleberry fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 16, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

Retest and/or if the kitten has a bout of the infection (diarrhea, coughing, wheezing), it means they have it and can potentially spread it so isolate and maintain good hygiene as best you can. Cats nearly always recover from FeCV. You probably won't know if the virus has the particular mutation(s) until the worst happens and the treatment for it is really new and not approved yet.

The kitten may have simply been exposed and had an immune response or gotten antibodies from it's mother in utero or from her milk.

cool, that's what the vet said, but as i'm usually speaking with him in my 3rd language, i just wanted to be sure. also everything online about fip is basically "plan for the worst" which doesn't help much. very much appreciate the help, and back to whatever weird poo poo is going on this weekend.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 16, 2023

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
OG, Original Gato.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

in the least flaming way possible you can take this - this is the absolutely last thread to apologize for derailing in lmao

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pog boyfriend posted:

this is the absolutely last thread to apologize for derailing in lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Made a gnome bard in BG3. I am tiny and musical

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

when I got moved to a lovely backwater town/school district in my last year of HS I found out their library was made up mostly of donations from the locals and one of said donations was like 10 books from that Gor series. I thought it was just discount conan until I actually checked one out a month later and got about ten pages in.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

the children have to learn about gor sometime, edna

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

nrook posted:

what’s the most problematic book you read in middle or high school. I’ll start and instantly win this contest: Mission Earth

Sad high five lol

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

sebmojo posted:

Cast sanctuary and invisibility on Isobel, and barricade the doors to stop the demons.

isobel kept revealing herself/doing stuff that would counteract anything i cast on her, and the demons were apparently able to slip through one inch of space in the doorway, lol. anyway i finally beat it by just spending the first round killing all the demons with extreme prejudice -- after this, marcus apparently had a brain episode and spent most of the fight trying to fly around the room and eating auto-reaction attacks

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

nrook posted:

what’s the most problematic book you read in middle or high school. I’ll start and instantly win this contest: Mission Earth

Eumeswil, which got suggested to me by somebody on an Ayn Rand forum.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i didn't understand the difficulty of the isobel fight because i walked into it unaware and smashed the entire upper floor in like 1.5 turns. but i realized that probably most people didn't scrape every last drop of xp up until then and most people were not leveraging tons of useless 5e knowledge to make a group of 4 superkillers

on one hand, its a lot of useless 5e knowledge. on the other hand:

Farg fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 16, 2023

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

tactician mode btw

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Farg posted:

i didn't understand the difficulty of the isobel fight because i walked into it unaware and smashed the entire upper floor in like 1.5 turns. but i realized that probably most people didn't scrape every last drop of xp up until then and most people were not leveraging tons of useless 5e knowledge to make a group of 4 superkillers

Tell me more

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

in the least flaming way possible you can take this - this is the absolutely last thread to apologize for derailing in lmao

thank you, senator

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

pog boyfriend posted:

shoves you off the track

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
typical politician :rolleyes:

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Farg posted:

most people didn't scrape every last drop of xp up until then and most people were not leveraging tons of useless 5e knowledge to make a group of 4 superkillers

its like you've been wathcing my playthrough from afar..............

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

very risky blowjob posted:

its like you've been wathcing my playthrough from afar..............

Nice new av

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

its for halloween season time

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

There was this Are you afraid of the dark? episode where a chef strapped people into some Ludovico technique contraption and made them face their greatest fears, because he used fear essence as an ingredient in his critically acclaimed soup.

I would not eat the fear soup.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I would if it was a nice lobster bisque. The king of soups!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Farg posted:

It's not a hard fight, but they dogpile Isobel and if she gets to zero the fight ends.

I presume you could chuck a sleep potion on her too, but when I did it the sanctuary distracted Marcus for long enough.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i remember following applegate into her next series and like three books in the whole cast almost become exhibits in bosch's hell which really got to me

she owns

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

sebmojo posted:

It's not a hard fight, but they dogpile Isobel and if she gets to zero the fight ends.

I presume you could chuck a sleep potion on her too, but when I did it the sanctuary distracted Marcus for long enough.

not only this, but isobel's first move is always to run to a corner of the room where she'll get ganged up on by three demons, because she's a loving genius

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

dumbass moon wicca smeary eyeshadow rear end nerd

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

K.A. Applegate posted:

Demons carried him high, then turned him over, facedown. Facedown they stretched him,
pulling at his legs and arms, pulling him till he thought he might be torn apart. They carried
him at a run and then Jobs saw what they planned.

The knife’s blade was turned up, the knife horizontal, four feet off the ground. It was ten
feet long.

They carried Jobs till he was suspended directly over the knife, lengthwise, so that dropping
him would slice him in half.

Jobs wanted to scream but his voice was gone. He tried but no sound emerged.
The demons did not drop him. They lowered him with extravagant care and gently laid him
on the knife’s edge. He lay there with hands hanging, legs hanging, the blade creasing his
belly and chest and lips and nose.

One move and he would die. One slight increase in pressure and the blade would cut him.

And now the demons turned a crank that rattled and creaked and slowly raised the knife
point high. Jobs was facing downhill and in a few eternal seconds he would begin to slide
down the length of the knife blade.

i cant deal with this poo poo christina ive gotta catch pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just put your own three guys in that corner before the fight. So simple.