Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

space is actually boring as gently caress, gj bethesda

That's what's really so loving weird about this to me

Too realistic to be a fantastic adventure

Not realistic enough to please space nerds

This game was made to be as generic as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PinheadSlim posted:

That's what's really so loving weird about this to me

Too realistic to be a fantastic adventure

Not realistic enough to please space nerds

This game was made to be as generic as possible.

That's what I feel!!!

It's like a demo of unreal engine 5.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's what I feel!!!

It's like a demo of unreal engine 5.

except the engine feels like a mishmash of Creation and idtech

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i enjoy the ship builder, but banjo kazooie nuts and bolts did it better 15 years ago :corsair:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

$120 AUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBn9s5HFzvA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ship builder meh

I just don't get a vibe. It would be nice if there were templates to start with so I didn't have to hunt down All these different variants.

But it's just too expensive to get a good ship it just takes so much grinding

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Buce posted:

and they only give you like 2hp :pwn:

and that's fuckin' generous, it should give you Status Effect: Depression when you eat it

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Klyith posted:

and that's fuckin' generous, it should give you Status Effect: Depression when you eat it

That would be interesting and funny, which are what we in the business like to call "unnecessary risks"

I'm afraid you're just not cut out for AAA game development.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Seen any Space Elves lately? Bwahahahah!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

GameRant posted:

Bethesda decided against including land vehicles in Starfield due to concerns about pacing and how it would change the gameplay experience. The use of procedural generation in Starfield's planets and the constant spawning of points of interest would make the world feel sparse with the addition of vehicles.

Gentlemen, behold! Game breaking technology!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

"Sarah didn't like that"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i named my ship Lunk so that if pirates ever try to board me, the Lunk Alarm will sound

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I've been playing f-zero 99 instead of this

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm replaying Death Stranding!!!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Does this game do the stupid level scaling for enemies you encounter

Being scared to explore caves because they were filled with bad poo poo was half the fun of morrowind

That and cat people always trying to sell me crack

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

PinheadSlim posted:

Gentlemen, behold! Game breaking technology!

bethesda trying to add driveable cars to their games would be pretty game breaking if you don't count the problems it already has

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'm mad about no driversble cars.

I wanted a loving space car with guns that go pew pew

I could be super star borne lady who gropes Sarah Connor and drives over terrormorphs while doing drugs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The dragons in Skyrim pilot is better than these pieces of poo poo

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
I mean at least let my robot buddy, who is just standing there idle, carry me around for fucks sake

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Also what the gently caress is with the libertarian space cowboys, that poo poo is so out of place. The space neoliberals I understand, since that poo poo is actually how power operates at least in the West

Did they only evacuate insufferable white Americans from 2023 from Earth?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I could be super star borne lady who gropes Sarah Connor and drives over terrormorphs while doing drugs

driveable cars in a bethesda game aka sitting on the back of an NPC model moving at 280% max run animation speed

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Anyway, it’s incomplete/a mess/kinda boring, but welp here I go binging it again until going to bed irresponsibly late

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

When it went up for pre-order and i saw the $130nzd price tag, it was met with a loud "fuuuuck oooff"

If it had been a bit cheaper I might be a disappointed customer right now, rather than ignoring the game altogether and happily playing Baldur's Gate instead

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 17, 2023

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Can you at least have s*x with your companions?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Outpost22 posted:

your mom is a companion so yes

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Outpost22 posted:

Yes you can bang your companions

The Sarah chick wont do it tho idk why prolly because I need to do boring quests to get into her master locked chest

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Philthy posted:

i started to play Fallout New Vegas for the first time instead of buying Starfield and it's been pretty freaking cool

the graphics are really rough, but the core gameplay is solid

Oblivion was the only game on the 360 that I got every achievement for. I loved that game.

Always play New Vegas with the Wild Wasteland perk.

I played Outer Worlds all the way through and thought it was fine, but I’m finding it hard to get into Starfield at all.

Obsidian>Bethesda

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

tango alpha delta posted:

Always play New Vegas with the Wild Wasteland perk.

always 100% of the time, beatin up those grandmas with F.I.S.T.O. is awesome

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

messing around with outposts and cargo links, and goddamn this interface is complete poo poo and lacks any kind of useful controls to manage multiple resources flowing at a time without one drowning out the others

this is actually making me look back fondly on Eve's planetary interaction system

just trying to supply helium from one mega-producing outpost to all my others that need it for power, and it's a nightmare. not even sure if this is possible. even when it shows up, it doesn't seem to get used by the link it's supposed to power unless i manually move it into a gas tank and route it right back.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

this is actually making me look back fondly on Eve's planetary interaction system

Lol!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I noped out of it after a couple hours. Like with Cyberpunk I'll give it a few years for devs and modders to unfuck it.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Upcoming dlc ideas:
Rover pack - adds a space horse mount called Rover- 15 dollars
POI pack - adds 20 randomized locations to the mix of procgen poi - 20 dollars
Leviathan pack - adds skyrim dragons but in spaaaaaaace - 30 dollars
Expansion pack 1 - adds an epic 10 hour story quest that spans all 1000 planets - 40 dollars

Hire me bethesda

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Space flight is bad. Space combat is unbearably bad. You should definitely be able to adjust your ship's power allocation in the pause menu. Those controls are fiddly even when you aren't getting shot at.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Actually the real reason was they knew BioWare already perfected the space car with the Mako 15 years ago.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

tango alpha delta posted:

I played Outer Worlds all the way through and thought it was fine, but I’m finding it hard to get into Starfield at all.

Obsidian>Bethesda

Outer Worlds at least had some measure of character to it. The writing didn't always land, but I at least enjoyed looking around and exploring in that game, and sometimes it was at least a little funny.

Starfield is just so aggressively dull. I don't even hate it exactly. That would be like getting angry at the color beige.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Is there a mod yet that turns my space ship into macho man Randy Savage?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah, its called IMAGINATION

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Earwicker posted:

for me what really went downhill starting with Oblivion was not so much the writing but the visual design. it just became ultra generic. like somehow it felt even more bland than the aesthetic of the LotR movies

like Skyrim actually feels a lot closer to the LotR epic fantasy vibe, to me. which makes sense since its very Nordic and Tolkien was very influenced by Norse myths and culture. Oblivion feels like someone making a fantasy world based on reading a description of the genre on wikipedia or something

Yeah Oblivion was gunning for the LOTR audience but those films had insane care put into the art design.

Oblivion art feels more inspired by D+D - nonsense architecture, wacky theme park actor characters, 'adventurer' tomb robber as a commonplace profession, religion that's just vague not-christanity in a reproduced English church...

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

been playing 3 hours. writing is a disaster, my eyes glaze over every piece of lore because they're all written in the same annoying rick & morty fantatic voice. dialogue may as well be too. man gently caress bethesda when the hell are they firing emil into the sun and getting kirkbride back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it is boring as gently caress