Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

Welcome to being a barves fan, Ross

I don't think I've seen a team waste a player of that caliber in quite some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't think I've seen a team waste a player of that caliber in quite some time

They wasted two players of that caliber at the same time!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

One of the aunties who helped my wife with how to wear a sari sounded just like Nadja from What We Do in the Shadows, and I've never been more distracted by a person's voice to the point that I could not tell you a single thing she actually said

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bird in a Blender posted:

lol gently caress you're right

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Also had another sure fire hall of famer on the team at the same time for a few years.

(I mean obviously he was toast by then, but it's funny to note)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I think you mean Cubs fan.

lol the rickets won’t spend that much money.

I'm hoping the Cubs can move up a spot in the Wild Card race. I'm gonna be in Chicago 10/5 and it would be so cool to see a playoff game while I'm there.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I think the only people that can maybe relate to Angels fans are Ms fans who were around in the mid to late 90s, but at least those Ms had some playoff wins.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Manoueverable posted:

I think the only people that can maybe relate to Angels fans are Ms fans who were around in the mid to late 90s, but at least those Ms had some playoff wins.

So many good memories that set me up for an adulthood of sports disappointment and heary break.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tulalip Tulips posted:

So many good memories that set me up for an adulthood of sports disappointment and heary break.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYQwDgICug

That Dorktown series on the history of the Mariners was so good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYQwDgICug

That Dorktown series on the history of the Mariners was so good.

Here’s the one we all know by heart

https://youtu.be/WeB8Cu2t8AU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Ah sometimes I miss that piece of poo poo Kingdome. So many childhood M's games there and the only Seahawks game I've ever been to where a fan of the opposing team poured a beer on 6 year old Tulalip Tulips. I think they were a Steeler's but I genuinely can't remember and folks have passed so I can't confirm the team with them but I know that grandpa almost got into a fist fight with the guy.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

I can’t remember the last time I owned a computer device with a keyboard. Even funnier is if you peck wrote this on your phone

Day 2 of Skyrim newest build is a bow and arrow hunter

Yeah I type like 120wpm so longass posts just happen in a few minutes sometimes. Keyboards, baby, Keyboards. I have never once looked at the forums on my phone, lol

Freaquency posted:

I wasn’t going to play the new Madden but then I found out if you sub yo whatever the EA monthly thing is for 5 bucks you get a 10 hour trial of it, and 10 hours is about all I can stomach to put into it, so…

I only played it because it's fully included on the EA PC pass thingie, which I have for various reasons (mostly so that I can pay yet another monthly charge for something I don't use). I believe the 10 hour trial works if you are subscribed to Xbox Ultimate PC Gamepass or whatever it's called (not Xbox Live Gold) since EA & Microsoft apps on the PC are connected somehow now.

Now that I've done that season of Madden, it's back to NCAA '14 / Madden '14 on the Xbox 360.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol if Deion eats poo poo against loving CSU after all of the hype

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Ah sometimes I miss that piece of poo poo Kingdome. So many childhood M's games there and the only Seahawks game I've ever been to where a fan of the opposing team poured a beer on 6 year old Tulalip Tulips. I think they were a Steeler's but I genuinely can't remember and folks have passed so I can't confirm the team with them but I know that grandpa almost got into a fist fight with the guy.

Sounds like Steelers fans and also gently caress the Steelers for cheating us out of our first Superbowl. So you are allowed to pour beer on anyone wearing a Steelers jersey (just know they will probably disagree violently with my ruling).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

lol if Deion eats poo poo against loving CSU after all of the hype

I suspect it would have happened eventually because the Pac 12 is somehow really good during it's final year of existence. So maybe we're just getting it out of the way if it happens.

Not especially looking forward to the takes about sunglasses and hats though if it should happen.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Keyboards, baby, Keyboards.

Small change, mechanical keyboards. I need these babies to click when I shitpost.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Pretty sure the back injury I got a few weeks ago (and am just starting to get over) was from vacuuming and/or mopping.

Wheee gettiin' old. :toot:

My backs still hosed but I’m eyeballing a huge pickaxe project, I’d rent an electric Jack hammer but they pop my circuit breaker. My yard is 80% rock

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Welcome to being a barves fan, Ross

I'm completely done with baseball and the Angels until Moreno sells the team or dies. And unlike football I don't care enough about the sport to watch regardless of who owns my favorite team

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Grittybeard posted:

Small change, mechanical keyboards. I need these babies to click when I shitpost.

I was recently on a work call and talking while also typing (possibly poo poo posting, who knows!) and someone on the call asked me "What's all that clicking going on?". So I had to explain my love of mechanical keyboards...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm in Vegas for the weekend meeting with my gf's friends who are visiting America and we had an amazing time being stuck in traffic on a double Decker bus right as the Bellagio fountain show went off. And we still managed to get to our magic show

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I have an original Model M for sale if any of you clicky keyboard lovers are interested.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Making Serious Eats' chili right now and man, it's a shame that chili and other stew-like foods don't photograph as well as other types.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Making Serious Eats' chili right now and man, it's a shame that chili and other stew-like foods don't photograph as well as other types.

You mentin Serious Eats & J. Kenji Lopez-Alt does a pretty good job using natural light.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Straight up gift to the Bengals pocketing that flag. More than makes up for the tricky tacky hands to the face.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

You mentin Serious Eats & J. Kenji Lopez-Alt does a pretty good job using natural light.

Yeah he did a few videos when he was writing his wok book where he shows his process for taking photos of the food he cooks.

https://youtu.be/B6f0qKjfdNA?si=_GeEPvDXjH6_LOww

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Edit again

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SourKraut posted:

I was recently on a work call and talking while also typing (possibly poo poo posting, who knows!) and someone on the call asked me "What's all that clicking going on?". So I had to explain my love of mechanical keyboards...

I already type like my keyboard personally wronged me, and live my life with the goal of being unnoticed, so I use a flat, short travel Logitech that's very quiet. Pretty sure I'd love a mechanical one in a vacuum, but can't make the leap.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Went to Bag O'Crab with some friends today.

Oysters on the half shell.

Robot brought the meal.

Er, part of the meal (mainly mine & another friend's).

Opted for the crawfish instead of crab. 10/10 would eat again.

Afterwards another friend of mine taught me how to make tomato putchady with the heirloom tomatoes I grabbed from the farmers market earlier this morning.

Not a bad day.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Went to Bag O'Crab with some friends today.

Oysters on the half shell.

Robot brought the meal.

Er, part of the meal (mainly mine & another friend's).

Opted for the crawfish instead of crab. 10/10 would eat again.

Afterwards another friend of mine taught me how to make tomato putchady with the heirloom tomatoes I grabbed from the farmers market earlier this morning.

Not a bad day.

drat, that looks good.

I miss shellfish. :smith:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I don't understand oysters

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

oysters are tiny little animals that are the chicken nuggets of the sea.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rectal Placenta posted:

I don't understand oysters

What's to understand beyond "tasty" ?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I think he means he’s not fluent

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If a walrus & a carpenter can speak fluent oyster, you can too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's the underwater part of the pronunciation that gets me

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Random question what are those real colorful Chilean pothead sweaters/jackets called?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Random question what are those real colorful Chilean pothead sweaters/jackets called?

Baja hoodie if you’re lame or drug rug if you’re not

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Baja hoodie if you’re lame or drug rug if you’re not

Drug Rug, thank you I totally blanked on the name when I was talking about Winter wear for the kids we need to pick up

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Drug rugs were so in style in the 90's back when I was in high school.

Nice to see they're coming back again.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Drug rugs were so in style in the 90's back when I was in high school.

Nice to see they're coming back again.

Looking for one myself, I have a really nice (50 degrees out) Quicksilver button up sweater/jacket thing, problem is it’s super soft and my wife keeps stealing it. Also got my heavy armor Wolverine for the snow.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Built a thing. Using twix for picture uploading.

Wanted to upgrade my office, especially since I’ll be doing lots of zoom meetings and quite frankly it spiraled a little. Also ended up repainting a wall and installing a ceiling fan. Plus a new desk.

It was based on some bullshit tiktok “hack” where they framed ikea bookshelves and built a frame around them. I used knockoff amazon shelves which was a huge mistake: they fell apart multiple times during assembly and set things back weeks.

My house has a lot of character and not a lot of good 90 degree angles. Plus I hadn’t done any framing since theater school so lots of trial and error.

I need to put all my books and poo poo in there, but I think it turned out pretty well. Please ignore the “gamer chair” as I have a birthday coming and will be getting a big boy seat.

See how many TFF secret Santa gifts are on there! Also don’t see how much caulk I had to use along the back wall!

Also kicking rad lights because I had some left over.

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1703730419777085844?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA