Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s weird smackdown is the main show now.

Uh, it’s the Rock’s show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grem posted:

How you think they're goiing to get all that poo poo over there? Flying or by boat?

Vince: "Why would we need to hire boat captains? We've got Captain Lou Albano and Tugboat right here in the WWE!"

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The EC would never fly coach.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
For whatever reason, the Australian government will ground the planes with the WWE Superstars, effectively holding them hostage.

The elomination pods are stowed away safely on Vince's private jet.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/k46acvdr5n7.mp4

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

SpeakSlow posted:

The EC would never fly coach.

It's been on the roster longer so the younger wrestlers are required to give up their better seats for it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/status/1703422474824614283?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

knees for the knee throne

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cody workin his magic

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hope she does well.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I just realized I don’t even know why some of ya’ll hate Cody.

Can anyone quantify it? Is it betraying AEW? That he didn’t want to turn heel? (he did turn heel by the way it just wasn’t a pure heel alignment, he leaned into the reactions and put over his opponents.)

Is it the tattoo? Why is it funny when bad things happen to the Codester

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's the hubris

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just realized I don’t even know why some of ya’ll hate Cody.

He wasted my time during the back half of his AEW run.

Eat My Fuc posted:

That he didn’t want to turn heel? (he did turn heel by the way it just wasn’t a pure heel alignment, he leaned into the reactions and put over his opponents.)

He absolutely did not do this. Full Gear 2021, PAC & Cody (PAC was a babyface at this time) vs. Andrade and Malakai (both heels) was one of the most frustrating matches to watch because literally the only thing the crowd was doing was booing Cody. PAC and Andrade and Malakai could all be doing cool poo poo and nobody in the crowd gave a gently caress. Cody would do your typical babyface moveset and the match was structured around him as a babyface and it didn't work at all. Arguably the only time I'd say he actually started to work as a heel was when he put over Sammy.

He even teased using the pedigree multiple times in an attempt to signal a heel turn and then only paid it off in the company I don't watch. That's actually funny but it's also objectively a waste of my time.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 17, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cody is a Gamer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

(he did turn heel by the way

No.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

No one hates Cody they just agree with WWE that he needs to face a little more adversity in his title chase

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
You’re laughing. Cody spent months and months talking about finishing the story only to end up pinned by Roman and looking like a geek next to a rubber chicken and you’re laughing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The rock is also going to be geeked out by Roman, I mean nobody believes they’re going to have the Rock go over their new Bruno

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My Introduction to Cody was watching the Go Big Show that my 9 year old told me I had to watch and there was one really desperate untalented wrestling fan who came on to impress Cody and all Cody did was poo poo all over his dreams.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Cody sounds cool

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

The rock is also going to be geeked out by Roman, I mean nobody believes they’re going to have the Rock go over their new Bruno

They could do the Cena/Rock thing where The Rock is champ for a year and the next Wrestlemania main event is locked in for the year. And look at what a big star Cena is now. If they really wanna make Roman, that’s a good plan imo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

My Introduction to Cody was watching the Go Big Show that my 9 year old told me I had to watch and there was one really desperate untalented wrestling fan who came on to impress Cody and all Cody did was poo poo all over his dreams.

I mean that guy sucked and was disrespecting the thing Cody’s entire family has given their life to by treating it like a freak show joke so i feel like he needed to be humbled, Cody offered him actual training though to learn the business the guy was basically mocking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody lost like one time in his last three months in the company, btw. He got his win back from Malakai, got his win back from Andrade and then beat Sammy clean for his title. Putting over his opponents, lmao.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Leroy Patternson sucks and Cody was right.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jade was always a better fit for wwe than she was for aew and I don't even mean that in a negative way

her look and charisma have always been her strong points so although they will write some awful stuff for her she will likely get over with it anyway

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

We got rid of Punk and Jade, now I just need Cody to come back and I can say The Secret officially works

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody completely destroyed Ogogo's career simply because he had zero self-control lmao

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

We got rid of Punk and Jade, now I just need Cody to come back and I can say The Secret officially works

lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody completely destroyed Ogogo's career simply because he had zero self-control lmao

Getting punched in the eye killed his career, Cody was just helping his friend get paid

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

pretty sure it was Ogogo's eye issues that stopped his career

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's the hubris

this, nothing is funnier than someone with an overinflated opinion of themselves or their capabilities falling on their face. particularly after everyone tells them what’s going to happen and they do it anyway

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That just makes me love him more, my God is human and full of hubris just like me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

love Cody always

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

Jade was always a better fit for wwe than she was for aew and I don't even mean that in a negative way

her look and charisma have always been her strong points so although they will write some awful stuff for her she will likely get over with it anyway

I agree, and WWE is a place where the women are just bigger stars in general, more crossover stuff, more charity work. Jade is like the pinnacle of what a wrestler should look like to the uninitiated.

I can see Jade being carried to some great matches by the likes of Iyo, Rhea, Bayley, or Becky.

Unfortunately they’ll probably gently caress her up in a feud with someone like Nia, who really, really loving shouldn’t be working in any wrestling company on earth. I blame the Rock.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this, nothing is funnier than someone with an overinflated opinion of themselves or their capabilities falling on their face. particularly after everyone tells them what’s going to happen and they do it anyway

Got some real Frank Grimes energy going here friend

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sandman McMahon posted:

Got some real Frank Grimes energy going here friend

the pie gag is only funny if the sap has dignity

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I agree, and WWE is a place where the women are just bigger stars in general, more crossover stuff, more charity work. Jade is like the pinnacle of what a wrestler should look like to the uninitiated.

I can see Jade being carried to some great matches by the likes of Iyo, Rhea, Bayley, or Becky.

Unfortunately they’ll probably gently caress her up in a feud with someone like Nia, who really, really loving shouldn’t be working in any wrestling company on earth. I blame the Rock.

Nia vs Jade is going to be a 4 star hoss off, don't listen to the hivemind about her.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah, I don't hate Cody and would have been happy for him winning at Mania, but him failing is way funnier.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cody Derangement Syndrome

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk fans thinking they're the same as Cody fans