Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk fans thinking they're the same as Cody fans

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

maybe both of the guys you guys like, are stinky fail babies.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

maybe both of the guys you guys like, are stinky fail babies.

Who do you like, tough guy?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody vs Punk is a main event any day of the year (except WrestleMania)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me and EMF when the Punk and Code Connection solves racism AND transphobia on the same night by main eventing Wrestlemania*

* Night 1

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Who do you like, tough guy?

sting

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I know I'm late to the party but Cody's biggest issue is that he, of all loving people, could not understand the business enough to actually do a heel turn in his AEW run and be shot into the stratosphere even more than he was.

What I really hate him for is being stupid enough to think he was gonna go to WWE and not get poo poo on by Roman. Every day he strays further from his "story." He couldn't even get the push over Seth "Freaking" Rollins. By the time he does win the strap he actually wanted, no one will give a poo poo about him and he'll be just another line on the Roman Reigns Memorial Heavyweight Championship list. He deserves better and I hate him for being stupid enough to give us this comedy.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just realized I don’t even know why some of ya’ll hate Cody.

Can anyone quantify it? Is it betraying AEW? That he didn’t want to turn heel? (he did turn heel by the way it just wasn’t a pure heel alignment, he leaned into the reactions and put over his opponents.)

Is it the tattoo? Why is it funny when bad things happen to the Codester

hes a loving dweeb, op

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who's Cody even feuding with right now? Last thing I remember was him going against Dom at Summerslam

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Who's Cody even feuding with right now? Last thing I remember was him going against Dom at Summerslam

Still Dom.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Me and EMF when the Punk and Code Connection solves racism AND transphobia on the same night by main eventing Wrestlemania*

* Night 1

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

:hmmyes:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cody did exactly what he should have done. Vince wasn’t gonna do anything with him so he left to go work elsewhere and when he got enough clout he went back for a pay raise and a chance for maybe holding a title. He says and does very dumb stuff sometimes but what he did was smart for his career.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i doubt there is, but is there any information or confirmation that cody is getting paid more in wwe than in aew? going from evp to upper midcarder doesn't sound like a situation where one gets more money even if wwe is flush with it

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Soul Glo posted:

hes a loving dweeb, op

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

You’re laughing. Cody spent months and months talking about finishing the story only to end up pinned by Roman and looking like a geek next to a rubber chicken, then spent months and months more talking about how this time he really meant it only for Dwayne to come and take his spot as the loser next time too, and you’re laughing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/cody-rhodes-vs-dominik-mysterio-announced-for-wwe-raw

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Cody did exactly what he should have done. Vince wasn’t gonna do anything with him so he left to go work elsewhere and when he got enough clout he went back for a pay raise and a chance for maybe holding a title. He says and does very dumb stuff sometimes but what he did was smart for his career.

He also made very good choices for people who enjoy funny things happening.

This whole “if you think it’s funny when someone fails you must hate them” idea is wild though, sometimes a very funny thing is just a very funny thing. Sucks that the very funny thing happened to your favourite but that’s just how it goes sometimes!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Robviously posted:

I know I'm late to the party but Cody's biggest issue is that he, of all loving people, could not understand the business enough to actually do a heel turn in his AEW run and be shot into the stratosphere even more than he was.

What I really hate him for is being stupid enough to think he was gonna go to WWE and not get poo poo on by Roman. Every day he strays further from his "story." He couldn't even get the push over Seth "Freaking" Rollins. By the time he does win the strap he actually wanted, no one will give a poo poo about him and he'll be just another line on the Roman Reigns Memorial Heavyweight Championship list. He deserves better and I hate him for being stupid enough to give us this comedy.
still lmbo that the first month of AEW he books himself into never being able to win the AEW title just to win endearment to the fans for not booking himself to be world champion then kind of pouts about it for the next couple years and has the football yanked away from him against roman at WM

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I don't hate Cody at all.
He made the right decision for himself knowing what is going to come from it.

He also has provided us all with so much comedy being a loser that I appreciate it for him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fed brains getting themselves worked up about the Rock being at Wrestlemania next year, as if he isn't going to bail out the second that the actors strike is over.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Warner will keep the strike going just to ruin traitor Cody’s dreams

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The whole "finish the story" thing got so annoying that when he lost at mania, I
laughed extremely hard.

And then even every Brock interaction was him getting his assed kicked. :lol:

And now he's not even competing for a title, he's just kinda there.

So at this point, I'm just laughing at everything Cody related because it just seems to be ending in hilarity. :lol:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I am extremely cold on Cody because he acts like he is the protagonist of a story when he has done everything in his power not to be. It's not even his story anymore, he isn't the main character, he is not even a hero anymore. All this while being clearly very talented at many aspects of wrestling, it's just kind of frustrating to behold and makes Schadenfreude come easy.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1703423142532702276

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I like Cody a lot, but his entertaing life choices and weird public persona makes me laugh when dumb things happen to him.

I love the Jackass guys but I still like when one of them gets hit in the nuts with a 20 pound frozen fish.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

1glitch0 posted:

I like Cody a lot, but his entertaing life choices and weird public persona makes me laugh when dumb things happen to him.

I love the Jackass guys but I still like when one of them gets hit in the nuts with a 20 pound frozen fish.

The difference to me is that the Jackass guys set out to get hit in the nuts with a 20 pound frozen fish. They don't try to sell me on the idea that they went back to the Get Hit In The Nuts Factory to finally fulfil their dream and their promise to their dead dad and whatnot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

The difference to me is that the Jackass guys set out to get hit in the nuts with a 20 pound frozen fish. They don't try to sell me on the idea that they went back to the Get Hit In The Nuts Factory to finally fulfil their dream and their promise to their dead dad and whatnot.

It would be much funnier if they did though

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grendels Dad posted:

But that's a great setup for getting hit in the nuts!

I think part of it with Cody is he's so good at being an inscrutable carny I can't feel the shoot empathy for him that I do with Drew not winning at Cardiff or Sami in Montreal.

Cody is just this strange man going on quixotic journeys and doing unnecessary bullshit and I love that and I'm here for the ride but I can only laugh when he loses the big one and a rubber chicken is thrown at him because that's just the type of thing that happens in the Codyverse and I'm not sure he didn't find it just as funny as I did.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If Cody was just another generic WWE guy who kept getting pushed aside it'd be like "Well yeah that's how they treat everyone that isn't Roman"

It's the fact that his entire personality is "I'm the Main Character of Wrestling" while continually eating poo poo makes it objectively hilarious

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drakkel posted:

It's the fact that his entire personality is "I'm the Main Character of Wrestling" while continually eating poo poo makes it objectively hilarious

This is a better version of what I was trying to say.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Grendels Dad posted:

Isn't that just the plot to the last Jackass movie?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cody is a B+ player

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

Still Dom.

its amazing how cody's been spinning his wheels since the brock program ended. he wasnt even in a segment that mattered on the last ppv.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The idea that Cody left the Brock feud taking an L is absurd. He won two out of three matches, one of them absurdly clean with Brock Lesnar of all people raising his hand in the ring. How many times has Lesnar done that?

The babyface got beat down to build heat before the match ups. Also it’s Brock Lesnar, a monster heel most of his career.

We all know how heat works, c’mon.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just realized I don’t even know why some of ya’ll hate Cody.

Can anyone quantify it? Is it betraying AEW? That he didn’t want to turn heel? (he did turn heel by the way it just wasn’t a pure heel alignment, he leaned into the reactions and put over his opponents.)

Is it the tattoo? Why is it funny when bad things happen to the Codester

Gedo is to blame.

No, really. Kenny finally wins the IWGP HW title in 2018 in an absolute all-timer with Okada, & then his first defence is...Cody. But OK, it's a US show so gently caress it, don't waste one of your big matches, I get it, even if it's stretching credulity for . All of this is part of the whole bad Bullet Club/Golden Lovers feud, Cody's already had 2 singles matches with Ibushi this year, lost at WK & won at Dontaku. Which is only his 2nd singles win of the year in NJPW, & the other was over Rocky Romero. Added to this, he's a part-timer & part-timers getting hot-shotted into big programmes usually isn't great. Anyway, he's not in the G1 which is a net positive, we get a great Kenny Kota match with Kota winning on the final night of the block to progress to the finals (on a 4-way tie! It was very exciting), although they also kept something in the tank for their next singles match. At Destruction Ishii challenges Omega, which rules but is also a foregone conclusion, Ishii ain't winning the big one but the match was great. And so at one of the New Japan tentpole events, King of Pro Wrestling, we're getting Kenny vs Kota for the top title belt in wrestling! That G1 match was their first match since 2013 where they tore down the house at the Budokan (& Ibushi got banned from the building for good measure!), now we're getting the follow up...wait, what's that? Cody has come out to ask for this to be made the first ever 3 way in IWGP HW Title history. Good lord that was deflating. I'm sure if you search for the 2018 Fighting Spirit Unleashed live thread you'll see.

Since he lost to Omega he'd had 2 matches in New Japan: a tag with Hangman over Finlay & Juice, & an IWGP US HW Title match with Juice, both wins. And suddenly here he is, the new IWGP US HW champ, & he's being stuck in another title shot, because I guess Gedo decided he wanted to keep the singles Omega vs Ibushi match for a little longer. Except that in the following January Kenny dropped the title & signed with AEW, not returning for 4 years. In which time Ibushi fell out of New Japan office & so the whole thing never went anywhere. And because I'm an irrational pro-wrestling fan I blame Cody for taking a booking & headlining Ryogoku Kokugikan. (Also he's just really didn't work in New Japan, his best matches are drama & emotion filled & you can't have those when you're barely appearing on the Japanese shows).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No im pretty sure its the Gamer thing

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cody's first year in NJPW loving sucked. No emotion, heatless matches.

The next six months where he was a psycho stalking Kota Ibushi was great. HANDSOME BATTLE

The last six months where Kenny good brothered him into a giant pile of title matches loving sucked

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

The idea that Cody left the Brock feud taking an L is absurd. He won two out of three matches, one of them absurdly clean with Brock Lesnar of all people raising his hand in the ring. How many times has Lesnar done that?

The babyface got beat down to build heat before the match ups. Also it’s Brock Lesnar, a monster heel most of his career.

We all know how heat works, c’mon.
lesnar is going to show up around mania time and kill people and be treated as the final boss, cody is going to feud with dominik mysterio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

3 star cody was a bad times but we are in good times now