Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If you don't cause a neighborhood outrage with your copious amounts of skeletons then what is the even point of being a land owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

drrockso20 posted:

How many you up to?

14, I think. One 12 foot tall, five 5 footers, three 3 footers, and five one footers. Gotta come up with a scene for everything.

Last year I put the small skeletons inside the big one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My city hasn't had a Spirit Halloween in years and we finally do now so I'm very excited to stock up on home decor

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Deadite posted:

14, I think. One 12 foot tall, five 5 footers, three 3 footers, and five one footers. Gotta come up with a scene for everything.

Thank you, I hadn't considered putting a skeleton in the hand of my big skeleton but now I'm going to.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Deadite posted:

If you've got 5 of them that are posable enough you should have them do the Ginyu Force poses, if you don't then I guess you'll need to find some skeletons who can do the job

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also tried watching Be My Cat
just reminded me of the shudder exclusive Are We Not Cats? which is basically a slow burn romantic drama until the last ten minutes when it turn into the most hosed up body horror this side of Cronenberg.

CW:Pica

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I also covered the big skeleton in clear UV-reactive paint and bought some outdoor blacklight floodlights off of eBay, so my yard is a neon wonderland at night

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
LMAO that rules. I hope it makes your neighbors angry.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Deadite posted:

I also covered the big skeleton in clear UV-reactive paint and bought some outdoor blacklight floodlights off of eBay, so my yard is a neon wonderland at night

Yeah this really does rule. Last year one of my neighbors dressed up two gigantic skeletons as wrestlers and had them locked in battle on the front lawn, every kid around loved it. I'll take a picture if they do it again.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Yeah my neighbors and the kids around here seem to love it. They'd always stop by to gawk at it and we got a note taped to our door from a kid saying they named the skeleton Davey.

This year I bought 3 glow in the dark 5 foot skeletons to incorporate somehow. I'm turning one of them into a puppet to startle trick or treaters.

I'm trying to find a motion sensor I can plug the black lights into so the display lights up when people walk by, but I haven't found anything that will work yet.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Deadite posted:

Getting antsy to fill my yard with halloween stuff but I'm trying to be a good neighbor wait until October starts. I just keep buying more skeletons.

A house nearby put up their extensive halloween decorations on like, sept 1.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Elevator Game (2023) has about four minutes of interesting content. Tragically, the movie is 1:34 long, so the other hour and a half is just tedious, unlikeable teenagers whining at each other and wandering around. My expectations were less than zero and yet I'm still disappointed.

Have a better elevator horror movie.

https://vimeo.com/28220619

Save it for October if you want and think there'll be a shorts challenge on the bingo card.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Count Thrashula posted:

Evil is an incredibly good show

yeah. it takes awhile to get going though, almost feels like they switched directions at the end of the first season

i'm also completely blanking on this elevator episode. might have to do a rewatch...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

My partner, every year, tries to get me to let them get the giant Home Depot skeleton, but we just don't have the storage space for it :( I need to get some smaller skeletons for the yard at least to satisfy them. Maybe some cool signs. I don't often have the energy to decorate for different seasons or holidays at all but Halloween feels different.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

:eng101: You don't need storage space if the Home Depot Skeleton is never stored. As Sister of Mercy said, "Every Day is Halloween" :spooky:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shrecknet posted:

:eng101: You don't need storage space if the Home Depot Skeleton is never stored. As Sister of Mercy said, "Every Day is Halloween" :spooky:

That was Ministry.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I don’t have a great place to store the 12 foot skeleton in the off season. I have giant bones stashed in different spots all through my house.

The rib cage has been on the floor of my garage since November

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Deadite posted:

I don’t have a great place to store the 12 foot skeleton in the off season. I have giant bones stashed in different spots all through my house.

The rib cage has been on the floor of my garage since November

man if fallout happens your house is gonna have the best environmental storytelling

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Yeah between the skeletons and the weird neon signs no one is coming to my house for a dinner party

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Deadite posted:

Solid year round lawn decor

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

weekly font posted:

Okay finding out Hell House 3 cribs from Sleep No More is the first thing that’s made me want to see it

Hell House 3 is more like a gentle ghost drama from some obscure Christian wholesomeness TV channel.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Not sure who the slowest movie monsters are but Snoop Dogg in Bones is up there and it's perfectly appropriate. He's just a chill murderous spirit of the dead, no need to rush. Maybe he could race The Blob.

Bones rules

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I found the note we got from a neighborhood kid, I still have no idea which house they're talking about

After we got it we gave the skeleton a nameplate

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My favourite Bones fact is Snoop admitted Pam Grier was his childhood celebrity crush, so when he had to do an on-screen kiss with her in Bones, it was the most nervous he's ever been.

The idea that anything makes Snoop nervous is adorable, let alone being nervous that he has to kiss Pam Grier.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol that's awesome.

Also I renamed the thread

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol that's awesome.

Also I renamed the thread

Its skeloton not skeleton.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I will always fight for calling them “skellingtons”.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

Okay finding out Hell House 3 cribs from Sleep No More is the first thing that’s made me want to see it

Let me talk you out of it then. In the movie version of sleep no more, the cast and crew are rank amateurs performing in a DIY haunt. I felt like I needed to come to the thread to defend Sleep No More.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Deadite posted:

If you put a Frosty the Snowman hat on him that would not only allow you to keep him up in December but also explain how he came to life.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

If you put a Frosty the Snowman hat on him that would not only allow you to keep him up in December but also explain how he came to life.

A giant Valentine's candy box, Leprechaun hat, bunny ears, then an American flag covers Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.

Year-round skeleton.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

You forgot putting some random branches in its hands for Arbor Day.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Its skeloton not skeleton.

Good catch

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Watching Dude Bro Party Massacre III. Pretty funny so far, but drat this sure is some stunt casting. Nina Hartley, Greg Sestero, Andrew W.K. Not going to count Patton Oswalt because he's in loving everything.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

On the everyday drive to my daughter's school, there's a house that has had two skeletons out on the front yard since last Halloween. Every week they put them in a new pose and decorate them with the appropriate decorations for each subsequent holiday. I really admire their commitment.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Watching Dude Bro Party Massacre III. Pretty funny so far, but drat this sure is some stunt casting. Nina Hartley, Greg Sestero, Andrew W.K. Not going to count Patton Oswalt because he's in loving everything.

The sudden Greg Sestero appearance and Andrew WK joke honestly really got me, thought it was hilarious. It's a charming film with a few jokes that landed way harder than they should have. A stupid film but as far as stupid spoof films go it's way better than a lot of others that have further reach.

"DID SOMEONE SAY ORANGE JUICE???"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Rewatched Audition after reading the novel. It was on Tubi, of course. Think I saw it originally when I was like 16 so it's been a while, but the kiri kiri never really leaves your brain. Absolutely one of Miike's all timers (tho my fave will always be Happiness of the Katakuris).
Really wish Miike would adapt another Ryu "No Not Haruki" Murakami novel. Maybe In the Miso Soup? He'd do an amazing Popular Hits of the Showa Era. They're a nasty match made in heaven.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Rewatched Audition after reading the novel. It was on Tubi, of course. Think I saw it originally when I was like 16 so it's been a while, but the kiri kiri never really leaves your brain. Absolutely one of Miike's all timers (tho my fave will always be Happiness of the Katakuris).
Really wish Miike would adapt another Ryu "No Not Haruki" Murakami novel. Maybe In the Miso Soup? He'd do an amazing Popular Hits of the Showa Era. They're a nasty match made in heaven.

The first time I saw Audition a few years ago the ending got me so badly that I burst into tears as soon as the end credits rolled. Absolutely masterful film. My favorite Miike is the Ace Attorney movie and Happiness of the Katakuris after that but man, Audition is a five star stone cold classic.

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 17, 2023

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The novel is incredibly cheeky when it comes to foreshadowing.

quote:

Her touch was like a gleaming scalpel slicing open his breast, and then again like the miraculous, gentle touch of a healer.

quote:

His shirt was completely unbuttoned, exposing his chest and stomach. Yamasaki Asami undid his belt, then plucked gently at his zip and slowly pulled it down, like a surgeon opening an incision.

And drat still really wanna see his Ace Attorney movie

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Miike's Yakuza movie isn't good per se but it always puts a smile on my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjeUfJT8I8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Miike's live-action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure movie is very worth watching if you're a JJBA fan too.