Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

I like dat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

QB school for Bryce Young is up for the Panthers fans or anyone curious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4h_44jpi1Q

Couple interesting takeaways but mostly it's kind of what I saw watching live. Young flashes a lot of really good things but looks inexperienced and a fraction late on somethings which should improve with time. The receivers had a few miscues that probably aren't there in another 5 weeks, stuff like stopping on routes thinking they were beat, or poo poo route running.

Definitely think things are looking up at QB anyway. I don't see the poo poo we saw from Darnold or Baker or Teddy or anyone else under center for the last few years. If the coaches are worth their paycheck I think we'll see some pretty quick improvements.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just gonna squeeze every last minute of good Baker out as I can.

https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1702404681861861659?s=20

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1702390929963765996?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brown has really turned into a nice player.

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1701773227863793915?s=20

Don't know if he'll ever be "worth" where he was drafted or whatever, but he's absolutely a piece that needs to be locked up for Carolina.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
The number of tackles brown ends up making down the field is kind of absurd. Like he'll be rushing the passer who hits a tunnel screen and then suddenly he is hitting the receiver 7 yards down the field

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

FizFashizzle posted:

Brown has really turned into a nice player.

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1701773227863793915?s=20

Don't know if he'll ever be "worth" where he was drafted or whatever, but he's absolutely a piece that needs to be locked up for Carolina.

Right side of the Falcons OL looked bad. Especially Kaleb McGary.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Not that anyone here is surprised:

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1702775680537165946

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

Just gonna squeeze every last minute of good Baker out as I can

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1702390929963765996?s=20

lmao, hard to not like the dude.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Missing 20 of your first 37 games in the league as a top ten pick is a right kick in the balls. Dude cannot stay healthy. God tier CB when he's on the field but there's no ability without availability.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Missing 20 of your first 37 games in the league as a top ten pick is a right kick in the balls. Dude cannot stay healthy. God tier CB when he's on the field but there's no ability without availability.

Yeah, those 17 games with CJ Henderson quality CBs are brutal (see that game near the end of last season against the Bucs)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jay Sehorn

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

against all odds Ridder is even worse than Mariota

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Baker good?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

He's got a chance because he's playing in the perfect offense for him.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Desmond not good yet, but 2-0 baby.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
2 weeks in and the NFCS is undefeated against non NFCS teams. Probably the toughest division in football.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Look at this :smugdog: mfer

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1703503351336313234?t=6IrRVQdR6-wdxR2Ot7ESvA&s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know i know, box score doesn't tell the whole story or whatever, but Desmond Ridder's stats look completely fine/average???? i still don't understand why Falcons fans seem to resent him so much lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

2 weeks in and the NFCS is undefeated against non NFCS teams. Probably the toughest division in football.

NFC South #1 seed + all 3 wild cards

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Alaois posted:

i know i know, box score doesn't tell the whole story or whatever, but Desmond Ridder's stats look completely fine/average???? i still don't understand why Falcons fans seem to resent him so much lol

Everybody thinks if a QB isn't a superstar, they suck.

E: I mean this is basically his rookie year. He's still figuring things out

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Alaois posted:

He's just kinda inconsistent, he'll throw some absolute darts and then be way off target with others. Also getting bailed out by receivers adjusting to his throws. I agree though he's been serviceable.

And yeah he's still learning, only 6 starts under his belt.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

NFC South #1 seed + all 3 wild cards

This would be just as hilarious as every team in the NFCS going 7-10 like we were joking about coming into the season, but for entirely different reasons

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Seems good:

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1703510947791556829?t=GBkj7EYVdLI6Q8G9rkHF3w&s=19

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Falcons 2-0 and Sean Payton 0-2, it's been a good day everyone.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

If only every team with a rookie QB were as optimistic as Packers fans who are convinced “ironically” (it’s not ironic) that Jordan Love is a future HoFer because he didn’t poo poo his pants in two straight NFL games.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If only every team with a rookie QB were as optimistic as Packers fans who are convinced “ironically” (it’s not ironic) that Jordan Love is a future HoFer because he didn’t poo poo his pants in two straight NFL games.

truth.

also Ridder looks totally stiff and robotic for long stretches like he did for most of the game today. its just that he'll also have 4th quarters like today. so who knows, there's stuff to grab onto either direction. at least he doesn't look utterly useless

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i had completely forgotten about shaq barrett's daughter drowning earlier this year, really puts another dimension on that pick 6 today

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bringing punter chat here. Jake Camarda is a weapon. That 72 yard punt was incredible. It landed in the end zone so was closer to 75. Then he nailed a pooch punt to the 6 that resulted in Shaqs pick 6.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think bijan is the real deal.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Considering he was single-handed carrying Texas to every win they've posted in the last 3 years, it's not a huge surprise

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Every rookie back gets a label on him as to what kind of runner he is, and usually I think it's just shorthand the commentariat use to quickly classify people, but Bijan really does run like Barry Sanders.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1703883230292725847?s=20

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

yea he looks legit. if ridder can just keep things moving to all the skill position talent they might have a legit offense this year

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

when they're right, they're right

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Could've just kept Teddy Bridgewater instead of spending all that on his twin.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Teddy's a good 5 inches taller

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Teddy's a good 5 inches taller

and 5 inches longer

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
We've had a lot of lovely QBs but none as afraid to throw the loving ball down the field more than Young.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

three posted:

Worst part is I no longer know which team you’re complaining about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Worst part is I no longer know which team you’re complaining about.

At least Bryce has the excuse of having no receivers