Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

Yeah I'm really not high on Glenn. It seemed like there were so many open receivers for the Seahawks constantly. Not being able to bring Geno down despite constantly getting near him was frustrating as well.

Our secondary couldn’t stop a toddler out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Best performance by a Michigan based football team against one from Seattle this weekend. Definitely not feeling like a complete fool walking around Seattle in green yesterday and Honolulu blue today.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Love is fine. He missed an open shot to Doubs on their second to last drive but he didn't have many bad throws. He drew two big PI calls too.

AJ Dillon tripping over himself and failing to get first downs was the killer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

Anyway lmao that the Packers got outfoxed by Arthur Smith and lmao that the first time he actually experienced a bit of pressure, Love threw four ducks in a row to immediately lose.

That’s not really what happened

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was just a sloppy game overall though the biggest issue in the Packer game long term is they still can’t stop a competent RB

Same as it ever was.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/danegnzlz/status/1703504297596502247

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Our secondary couldn’t stop a toddler out there

The fact that this defense mostly controlled them makes me think the Chiefs WRs are a lot worse than we thought.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aaron Glenn’s defense loving sucks.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Bijan Robinson looked like Adrian Peterson incarnate against this defense.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If the chiefs caught like half the passes they dropped while wide open they win that game against the lions. Secondary is still a major issue.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

The fact that this defense mostly controlled them makes me think the Chiefs WRs are a lot worse than we thought.

I mean they got styled on by the jags D that couldn’t handle a project QB in week 1 that threw literally to one side

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Hand Row posted:

He either runs upright so can’t break tackles nor fall forward to pick up extra yards, or just freaking stumbles over nothing. How did he not make that third and one in the fourth quarter

I have no idea what happened to him but he hasn't looked the same since the beginning of last season.

Still way too early to know what Love's ceiling is but he looks like an NFL quarterback out there and I think he's at least as good as half the starters in the NFL.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Dexo posted:

Kmet's been fine. He's not been the problem.

The problem has been a mix of baffling playcalling decisions and the Quarterback.

In addition to screen-a-palooza there's been several plays in the first two games where it looks like receivers end up running identical routes in the same spot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Parallelwoody posted:

If the chiefs caught like half the passes they dropped while wide open they win that game against the lions. Secondary is still a major issue.

And they have players now, so like.

What's goin' on, Aaron.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Parallelwoody posted:

It is, but it feels more schematic to me. Like they give such big cushions and get picked apart. Which also hamstrings the dline as QBs don't have to hold the ball.

For as aggressive as the offense is the defense is basically a game long prevent.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The pass rush completely failing to get home against a beaten up line is also concerning.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ummagumma posted:

In addition to screen-a-palooza there's been several plays in the first two games where it looks like receivers end up running identical routes in the same spot.

Maybe hiring Nathaniel Hackett's underling was not a good idea.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

The pass rush completely failing to get home against a beaten up line is also concerning.

Geno was like 1 step drop open receiver all game. I wouldn't be surprised if his time before pass was like 1 second.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

I'm a little concerned about the NFC South this year, I don't think they'll be as much of a freebie for the North as you might think. I think all four of those teams are gonna be feisty.

I'm tellin' ya. These NFCS games are gonna be fuckin' dogfights, man.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
At least we didn't have to pay our suspect quarterback like the Giants did.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is it too early to say fire Aaron Glenn

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In my experience it's never too early to want to fire your defensive coprdinator

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

*starts to prepare the white robes and hoods for the coming of Bagentmania*

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Definitely not. If there is anyone on staff that can call an aggressive defense let them have a chance, it literally cannot be worse.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PneumonicBook posted:

In my experience it's never too early to want to fire your defensive coprdinator

Let’s you prepare to fire your next one faster

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So Aaron When?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gorson posted:

Still way too early to know what Love's ceiling is but he looks like an NFL quarterback out there and I think he's at least as good as half the starters in the NFL.

He won’t be Rodgers-in-his-prime-level, but who is? I think he’ll be good and will be able to win with a good team around him. The number one problem with the Packers is, has been, and continues to be a defense that consistently underperforms. Individual parts are capable of being great, but the sum of everything never gels together, and that’s not going to change until there’s a competent DC.

I truly don’t understand how this defense still looks the same from Capers to Pettine to Barry. It’s beginning to look more like a curse that transcends coaches.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

*starts to prepare the white robes and hoods for the coming of Bagentmania*

Yeah that's why they'd call for a change

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Detroit had the momentum, I don’t know why we were playing for the field goal on that last regulation drive. We got two 10+ yard first downs on the 1st down in a row, keep pushing that poo poo and kick the field goal as the backup plan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Yeah that's why they'd call for a change

Look I know how these things work, even if there are legitimate reasons for the move, we are going to hear literally nothing but loving dogwhistles if this keeps trending this way by a large subsection of Bears fans.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Parallelwoody posted:

Yeah I'm really not high on Glenn. It seemed like there were so many open receivers for the Seahawks constantly. Not being able to bring Geno down despite constantly getting near him was frustrating as well.

tinstaach posted:

51 points allowed two years ago, 48 last year, 37 this year, clearly Aaron Glenn is improving and deserves to keep his job

You guys are right. I don't want his head but this defense played like poo poo against a mediocre offense down two starting tackles, but you guys are making a good point. My biggest lament here is we could've had Jordan Davis instead of knucklehead Jameson Williams, and we could've had Jalen Carter instead of Jahmyr Gibbs and please understand me when I say that I recognize Jahmyr can be a good player, but it's just not what we loving need right now. We need DEFENSE. We needed it last year, we need it this year. If we upgraded the secondary AND drafted those players where would we be right now?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Glad everyone wore ski masks so they can hide their embarrassment

Dude... like.. I used to like your posting but it's just become the same loving thing over and over. Oh wait... I can see your reponse to this "Like the lions losing over and over?!?" You're predictable and transparent as gently caress, just see a therapist man.

You've been a member on these forums almost as long as I have. It seems your current existence is just to vomit your Lions trauma over everyone else like you're passing the Ring videotape to survive Bubbles coming out of the TV to kill you.

It will be okay, pull up man.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Love is fine. He missed an open shot to Doubs on their second to last drive but he didn't have many bad throws. He drew two big PI calls too.

AJ Dillon tripping over himself and failing to get first downs was the killer.

Yeah between Dillon being mediocre at best and WR / defensive drops the game was theirs for winning. Still, losing by one on the road with the players they were missing isn't too bad. This is a year to figure out if Love is the guy and so far he's been good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, the Lions were entirely too lackadaisical at the end of regulation.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Look I know how these things work, even if there are legitimate reasons for the move, we are going to hear literally nothing but loving dogwhistles if this keeps trending this way by a large subsection of Bears fans.

Probably but every fan base calls for the backup when their QB sucks. City was demanding Fields over Dalton a couple of years ago.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kloaked00 posted:

Detroit had the momentum, I don’t know why we were playing for the field goal on that last regulation drive. We got two 10+ yard first downs on the 1st down in a row, keep pushing that poo poo and kick the field goal as the backup plan

To be fair that’s how most teams play it out. They shouldn’t but I doubt that ever changes

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If they keep Poles for another year, it could be the worst 3 year run for any GM in history. Probably playing with a rookie QB and losing 2 of your few good players in Mooney and Johnson.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Probably but every fan base calls for the backup when their QB sucks. City was demanding Fields over Dalton a couple of years ago.

Dog, people were talking about Bloodlines on the score before a single snap in the regular season lol.

https://twitter.com/Schumouse/status/1703510916732510539

:rubby:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kloaked00 posted:

On both of their last two offensive drives, they super lacked urgency, yeah. And then they didn't even get to touch the ball in OT. Really frustrating way to lose. :/

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Niwrad posted:

If they keep Poles for another year, it could be the worst 3 year run for any GM in history. Probably playing with a rookie QB and losing 2 of your few good players in Mooney and Johnson.

I know you've been calling for Poles' head before he was even hired, but how quickly we forget Matt Millen's reign of terror in Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1703511666204315905