Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kloaked00 posted:

Detroit had the momentum, I don’t know why we were playing for the field goal on that last regulation drive. We got two 10+ yard first downs on the 1st down in a row, keep pushing that poo poo and kick the field goal as the backup plan

Presumably nothing open downfield but yeah should've taken more advantage of those timeouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Hey I missed Week 2. How was Justin Fields? :smugdon:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Apples McGrind posted:

He’s still being sacked as we speak

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Timby posted:

I know you've been calling for Poles' head before he was even hired, but how quickly we forget Matt Millen's reign of terror in Detroit.

He was 16-32 in his first 3 years as GM. Bears are 3-16 with the Chiefs in Arrowhead next week.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah between Dillon being mediocre at best and WR / defensive drops the game was theirs for winning. Still, losing by one on the road with the players they were missing isn't too bad. This is a year to figure out if Love is the guy and so far he's been good.

Yea it's going to be tough to reconcile "this is the year to see if Love is QB1" with "the Packers are annual playoff contenders". On the one hand I can't be too upset given who we had out but on the other hand we had a 12 point lead going into the fourth.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

*starts to prepare the white robes and hoods for the coming of Bagentmania*

I made a run to the pharmacy at half time and I guess they take calls now in the radio mid game and they were saying fields is the biggest weakness of the team

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea it's going to be tough to reconcile "this is the year to see if Love is QB1" with "the Packers are annual playoff contenders". On the one hand I can't be too upset given who we had out but on the other hand we had a 12 point lead going into the fourth.

To be fair making the playoffs and being mediocre isn’t gonna be to hard

Someone has to win the north

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/BearsMarquee/status/1703510548988526772?t=ed9y54T26sTh7IgaR-GZaw&s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This dude ain't makin' it to January.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
We're going to get annihilated by the Saints, so it really sucks to drop this one.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ummagumma posted:

In addition to screen-a-palooza there's been several plays in the first two games where it looks like receivers end up running identical routes in the same spot.

Reminded of JT O'Sullivan seeing them run a double corner in week 1 and just going "THIS ISNT A THING. THIS ISN'T A PLAY IN FOOTBALL"

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

This dude ain't makin' it to January.

They'll be in tank mode in a couple of weeks. Best to let him help that process along. Then we can get fans to talk about how good it is for Poles to be incredibly bad.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the biggest compliant i have with campbell is, ironically, his conservative streak. He seems to thrive on going for it on 4th down in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter. But when the game is on the line, he seems to always side on "I'll take the field goal and fight another day" instead of just going gently caress it, I don't trust my defense - let's just win. Maybe he feels like if he does that, his defense will get demotivated but drat they suck rear end. Give your offense more chances to win it for you, even if you take flak for it not going your way.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

They still got those crazy guys on the chicago radio after game?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Scarabrae posted:

Alas, Doug and OB no longer helm the post game show. RIP Doug.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Scarabrae posted:

One of them passed away a few years ago, so that show is no more.

I think the surviving member kept at it a few years, but it wasn't quite the same. Not sure if he still does as he is over 80 now.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

fishing with the fam posted:

Alas, Doug and OB no longer helm the post game show. RIP Doug.

Now thats a drat shame

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I am on vacation and spent the morning climbing Black Butte with zero cell signal and zero awareness of anything going on in the Bears game.

10/10 would recommend giving up on the Bears' entire season after 2 quarters of regular season play.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings just one win out of first place.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirPablo posted:

Vikings just one win out of first place.

So is Chicago

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I'm obviously burning my Sox and my Bears hat in a barrel right now, staring hard at the Hawks hat trying to decide if I get to keep it or not now that most of them are dead or off the team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I'm obviously burning my Sox and my Bears hat in a barrel right now, staring hard at the Hawks hat trying to decide if I get to keep it or not now that most of them are dead or off the team.

Rocky was the last piece of the 2010 team and now he's dead so go fuckin nuts, I say

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I am on vacation and spent the morning climbing Black Butte with zero cell signal and zero awareness of anything going on in the Bears game.

10/10 would recommend giving up on the Bears' entire season after 2 quarters of regular season play.

Yea that sounds a lot better than watching the bears. I’ll probably watch like a quarter each week to find something embarrassing to look at and then move on. Currently planning for a poo poo fall with both my pro and college teams sucking total rear end and the Cubs trying to blow their playoff spot. Ahh sports.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No they don't have the tie breaker

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Bedard was stunting on the kids at the prospect game so I'm getting tentative excited

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

really queer Christmas posted:

the biggest compliant i have with campbell is, ironically, his conservative streak. He seems to thrive on going for it on 4th down in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter. But when the game is on the line, he seems to always side on "I'll take the field goal and fight another day" instead of just going gently caress it, I don't trust my defense - let's just win. Maybe he feels like if he does that, his defense will get demotivated but drat they suck rear end. Give your offense more chances to win it for you, even if you take flak for it not going your way.

Was expecting an onside kick after the TD tbh

I mean they got the ball back anyway but still. Be aggressive

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
MCL sprain for Jenkins

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

MCL sprain for Jenkins

The same injury that took Cutler out of the NFCCG

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Apples McGrind posted:

Don't think he's very good, op

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Apples McGrind posted:

A Track athlete with no protection who is masquerading as a quarterback.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1703536922092585156?t=pLGIiOyCp2n5QoKbXlqF8A&s=19

ah great wonderful

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think Fields is the guy but man the FO have done everything in their power to sabotage him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

It’s okay. Gibbs will get 9 touches in four quarters each game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i genuinely don't see a way the bears win a game this season

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

A lot of posts in this thread that could apply to any of the four teams in this division if you removed the names this week.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That’s helpful for the packers game, unless your willing to gentlemen’s agreement out of running

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

I actually have tickets to the Carolina game as it's right before my birthday, and I am now... Reconsidering.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

There's always the Cardinals

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mirotic posted:

I actually have tickets to the Carolina game as it's right before my birthday, and I am now... Reconsidering.

Go have fun, just don't expect a win lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Dexo posted:

Go have fun, just don't expect a win lol.

Gonna expect clownball instead lol, that might even be more fun