Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just want a really comfortable RB I can count on to get 8+ week by week. I don't need someone insane, I want my WR to do that. I've got Jalen Hurts and my Cowboys D/ST to perform for that. My WR have to perform, of which I have Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb, Brandon Aiyuk, Amari Cooper and Drake London. But I want to get rid of Zach Charbonnet this week and pick up someone on waivers or trade out potentially Daniel Jones for someone with an injured QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
And the Cowboys D/ST are already performing. Its against a really inexperienced QB like Zach Wilson, but that was 2 sacks I think. I'm really, really happy about the Cowboys D/ST pick.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Bird in a Blender posted:

My tactic going forward is to grab whatever D is facing the Bears that week. 17 points from Tampa today. Helps soothe the pain of being a bears fan.

as a Bears fan I had the same thought - even if they somehow win you're guaranteed a bunch of sacks and probably a couple of takeaways

but I really don't want to become one of those sad fantasy guys who's cheering against their team every Sunday, I felt bad enough playing Mike Evans this week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ShowTime posted:

And the Cowboys D/ST are already performing. Its against a really inexperienced QB like Zach Wilson, but that was 2 sacks I think. I'm really, really happy about the Cowboys D/ST pick.

gently caress the Cowboys.

they're gonna get you points though.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Should not have started Giants DST

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Daniel Jones and AJ Dillon are both getting dropped with extreme prejudice.

cats
May 11, 2009
What's going on with the Jets D/ST? I'm in the car so can't watch, the score is only 7-0 so why are they down to 4 points?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Was really happy to pick up Zack Moss right off waivers for nothing... then put him right on my bench.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

cats posted:

What's going on with the Jets D/ST? I'm in the car so can't watch, the score is only 7-0 so why are they down to 4 points?

I mean depends on your league settings but in mine 1-6 PA is 7 points and 7-13 is 4 so sounds right to me assuming no sacks etc?

cats
May 11, 2009

Party Boat posted:

I mean depends on your league settings but in mine 1-6 PA is 7 points and 7-13 is 4 so sounds right to me assuming no sacks etc?

Oh yeah I had a brain fart and forgot the cutoff is 6 pts. Alright thanks, my week started off fantastic with Swift and Hockenson but not looking too great anymore.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pron on VHS posted:

Should not have started Giants DST

This is true even for Brian Daboll.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I drafted him in one league and I have Some Regrets. He finished as the QB7 last year so I don't think he can possibly be as awful as last night every week. Dallas D is legit great and the weather was horrendous. But knowing that kind of game is in his range of outcomes is terrifying. For what it's worth he gets Arizona next week and if he can't get right there, then it's panic time.

Also, Chicago's D sucks and Love probably won't be dunking on his opponent every week either. But he did look pretty good.

Ok it is now Daniel Jones panic time :supaburn:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Ok it is now Daniel Jones panic time :supaburn:

He's only -0.18 going into the half. Give me a break.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Having and not dropping Drake London: I feel extremely vindicated.

Defending Skyy Moore: I feel slightly vindicated.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Disgusting throw. That man will always have it on his highlight reel.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i should have bid more faab on kyren williams

at least I got him in another league

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks, that's what I was feeling too. I knew Mattison had bad matchups but he looked straight bad on Thursday. I wanted off that ride and was high on Jeudy and missed getting him by 1 pick in the draft.

I retract what I said, you should just pick up Mims off of waivers

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Currently being murdered by a Higgins and Allen combo. I need at least two touchdowns between CeeDee, Dotson and Najee

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Zach Wilson is honestly having a great game. Really showing himself as someone who deserves a look at.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Zach's arm doesn't get hit and that's another TD for Wilson, so close. Just throw to that guy more. He is your best player on offense, no contest

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
He's having a great game and gaining confidence with every play. And you should expect to see Aaron Rodgers back to mentor him further now that the surgery is done. I wouldn't pick him next season but I gotta eye that Wilson on Wilson matchup next season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zach Wilson suddenly being good would be the best case scenario for the Jets. Who knows if the next guy pans out or not

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Zach Wilson suddenly being good would be the best case scenario for the Jets. Who knows if the next guy pans out or not

I think he is good. I know he is a rookie. But he's doing a great job against a Cowboys defense, which is one of the best. I don't expect him to have an amazing year but he could have a great next year. And if Aaron Rodgers shows up simply to mentor him, he could have a really good season next year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He is in fact, not a rookie

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

He is in fact, not a rookie

I mean, he was drafted 2 years ago, right? To me, at a QB slot, that makes him a rookie.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Really glad I picked up and play Joshua Kelly in 3 or 4 leagues

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lol Giants Cards game

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

dkj posted:

Egg on my face as well

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I mean, he was drafted 2 years ago, right? To me, at a QB slot, that makes him a rookie.

what he played all last year he's not a rookie no matter how you view the position

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

dkj posted:

Grabbing Kelly and Algier over him is turning out to have been a bad idea. But who could have seen this coming?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Allgeier flexed over Conner was a bad call, and Zay Jones donut was painful after spending FAAB on him, but at least this was one of those weeks where my opponent clowned on me so hard that no lineup decision would’ve made a difference.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Zach Wilson is not a rookie and he's not good lmao

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Expecting big things from rookie Russell Wilson next year

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
G Wilson with one reception for 68 yards and a TD. Maybe throw to him again

Also will definitely need the Pats to shut down the Dolphins, Tyreek to come in under his projection and Rhamondre to have a bad game against a terrible Dolphins run defense. Which seems somewhat unlikely

e: okay they threw to him once more, good job guys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zach Wilson rookie mistakes. Maybe I see what you're saying. Wilson might not be a rookie, but his mistakes still are.

Thom and the Heads posted:

Expecting big things from rookie Russell Wilson next year

it's only Russell's second year with the Broncos, hence his rookie mistakes as well

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ShowTime posted:

What lol

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Dan Jones has really turned it around this half, but anyone else got a hot bench this week?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Zach Wilson rookie mistakes. Maybe I see what you're saying. Wilson might not be a rookie, but his mistakes still are.

it's only Russell's second year with the Broncos, hence his rookie mistakes as well

I just think that of all positions, QB take a little more than a 1st year our college to do right. There is a reason they brought in a veteran, retired QB to do things for them. You can block, you can run, you can catch a ball, but telling 10 other guys to do things and to hand/pass the ball of over half of them is not a position you can dominate on your first year. So to me, rookie. I'd say any QB in their 1st or 2nd year is a rookie.

Also, while he is losing, he's doing a decent job against a great defense.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

What lol

What lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I appreciate your outlook on life and football but the word rookie has a very clear and concise definition in professional sports.