Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

spike is pretty bad in english imo. in japanese he seems more like an annoying slacker who then becomes serious later and you know poo poo is getting real, he has kinda the same gruff coolguy tone the whole way through in the dub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

fits my needs posted:

this is just a money laundering thing run by that kroll guy right? like wtf lol

it's animated for like ten bucks an episode overseas and nick krolls dad is one of the wall street people that provide the loans the whole industry relies on

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

kroll show was good though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCOT5LasKc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Trabisnikof posted:

the people i know who watch it are the same people who love watching Steven Universe because it has “healthy lessons” in it. it makes them feel like good people for eating their media veggies

I guarantee you these people are hosed up in ways you cannot imagine

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Spike Speigle is the voice of 7/11 rewards app

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

i always remember the way he says "sausages" from this one

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Fleetwood posted:

i always remember the way he says "sausages" from this one

work for 1 half hour or 2 half hour and then lunch

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

KirbyKhan posted:

Spike Speigle is the voice of 7/11 rewards app

why would anyone know this

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

work for 1 half hour or 2 half hour and then lunch

all this union chicanery is confusing the workers

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ammanas posted:

why would anyone know this

If I used it I probably would

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Steve Blum is fine. He's always just the guy who isn't Coop in Megas XLR to me. I watched the sub of Bebop back in the day at uni, while my brother was living with my parents still and caught the dub on CNX. So we both have a different take on the show based on what we experienced first.

I also remember people thinking the EA Sports guy was David Hayter, but it was not.

A dub I absolutely will not tolerate is the NGE one because it's some kind of crime against humanity.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Clip-On Fedora posted:

If I used it I probably would

why would anyone use it to find out

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I take it someone's not a fan of value and savings :smug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ok

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

trevorreznik posted:

I really liked it but struggled to interpret the scenes of Alisha telling Xochitl that Xochitl was attention seeking when other people were "doing the work." It somewhat mirrored the earlier scenes of the useless nonprofit white guys, but was presented in such a different way I wasn't sure if Alisha was supposed to be coming off as naive/wrongheaded or not.
I think it just illustrates the philosophical impasse between the two of them that's not really resolved by the end which is augmented by alisha's stress of seeing the love of her life dying before her eyes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

quote:

After a troubled teen steals an important item from two big city goons, he hides in a church summer camp and finds he must protect his new found friends at all cost when the goons track him down.

Cool movie

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The wave of the future!

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Dr. Killjoy posted:

russell brand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJN7k1BMYg

there was like three overused songs in trailers at the time and this one includes all of them

https://i.imgur.com/103nBFe.mp4

my sister shared Brand videos when he chased clout to the anti-vax trucker protest poo poo. wonder what she thinks of this

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

You know a movie is gonna be really awesome when they have to release an ideological manifesto to justify its existence.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Chris Lloyd's brain has gotta be 105% mush by now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this show is so grotesque. i hate my eyes for seeing it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

the poster made me think it was a Camp Nowhere follow-up and then the inclusion of ol Christopher Lloyd reinforced that but apparently its not at all, but you know what it is according to imdb??

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
god dammit Home Alone was already preachy enough and don't get me started on Ernest.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DoombatINC posted:

the poster made me think it was a Camp Nowhere follow-up and then the inclusion of ol Christopher Lloyd reinforced that but apparently its not at all, but you know what it is according to imdb??

The Passion of The Marv

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
the merest soupcon of faith, a bagatelle.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Ernest Goes To Camp already had faith. Earnest uses his faith in Native American spirits to make himself immune to gunfire.

So does Home Alone, Kevin prays and the angel of death in the form a shovel-wielding old man strikes down his enemies.

Bar Crow has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Sep 17, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Saw a "Haunting in Venice" it was better than "Death on the Nile", but the mystery is obvious with jn the first half of the movie. I liked it though.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But where are those good old fashioned values on which we used to rely?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Communist Thoughts posted:

spike is pretty bad in english imo. in japanese he seems more like an annoying slacker who then becomes serious later and you know poo poo is getting real, he has kinda the same gruff coolguy tone the whole way through in the dub

This is the problem for me, the personalities of the characters come across differently between the original cast and the dub. I guess calling it objectively horrible isn't exactly what I feel, it's that it's a different show.

There are certainly shows I watch dubbed because that is what hooked me in the first place, mostly old stuff from my childhood. I wonder what the japanese show "Monkey" from the eighties is like without the campy british cast.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so season 1 episode 18 of madame secretary the cold open is the white house press correspondents dinner and the glasses guy who writes all of madame secretarys scripts wrote such amazing jokes he has a chance to break into real comedy so my question is has anyone ever actually done this i dont know enough about comedy writing to know how plausible this is even though i do know theres a lot more nepotism between these fields than anyone generally acknowledges like chuck schumer being amy schumers close relative

oh and the main plot is something about an american doomsday cult planning a mass suicide in bolivia that theyre gonna solve with uhhh theology i think very boring plot since noones said anything about the doomsday cult being motivated to go to bolivia because its atlantis

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watching dbz subbed would be insane to me

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Telemarketers on HBO is some good poo poo.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

god dammit Home Alone was already preachy enough and don't get me started on Ernest.

Ernest Joins God's Army

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

Telemarketers on HBO is some good poo poo.

started watching this and its intriguing basically making the argument that the civic development group reinvented telemarketing by buying the intellectual property rights to actual charities and using them to elevate the credibility of the scam

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i say swears online posted:

watching dbz subbed would be insane to me

japanese Goku sounds like a little bitch

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've only ever watched Cowboy Bebop with subs and I have no regrets. The Japanese voice actors fit their characters perfectly imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't think anyone posted this yet btw

https://twitter.com/warrenleightTV/status/1703418989970423919?t=ufMkUfYP_UFp0B4mfIAoUg&s=19

Unfortunately Bill Maher probably won't follow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

Ernest Joins God's Army

Ernest Goes to Raqqa

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loquacius posted:

I don't think anyone posted this yet btw

https://twitter.com/warrenleightTV/status/1703418989970423919?t=ufMkUfYP_UFp0B4mfIAoUg&s=19

Unfortunately Bill Maher probably won't follow

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Its gonna be fuckin sick