Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wish the needle pistols had more oomph to them. They're super strong and lightweight but the sound effects could use a tune up reflecting their destructive potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
And of course, you can always use the light tank legs and go 370+ at the load limit while chain firing heavy weapons.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

there's no real reason to use any heavy shoulder weapons once you get the truenos because they have a really cool reload animation so they're objectively the best ones

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

AtomikKrab posted:

So do Michigan and Freud die in the NG++ ending? In a NG++ Run, Walter never speaks about Michigan eating it like he does in a regular run where you go with flatwell and take out V.V and V.VIII. Maybe Rusty betrays Arquebus a little earlier than expected and does the ambush instead in NG++ timeline, a bit weird with Pater an all if he does that but he could use an alternate AC like the steel haze Ortus for it.

Semi final mission mentions Walter and Carla fighting 6 vesper copies and presumably 6 redgun copies, Likely the missing vespers are Rusty and Freud so persumably Freud is alive but not present for the end, Freud is not a threat to Allmind because Freud doesn't do planning etc, But there were a total of 7 redguns since we find G7 dead in mission 1, G6 dies in the MIA mission to the players hands, or allmind if you skip him. G5 is Iguaza and there are like 30 copies of him floating around anyway, 64 dies to the wall, G3 is killed by the player in every timeline, G2 goes down on the helicopter mission. But where is my message on the glorious death of G1 Michigan in NG++?

You probably killed G6 Red too fast. While he's blubbering about it all being 621's fault, he mentions that Michigan is dead. No details on what happened, but it probably had something to do with everything being on fire.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Marx Headroom posted:

reverse joint against balteus

tank treads against balteus

This thoughtline made a friend quit the game because they wanted to stick to a fast robot playstyle, but a cursory look at the internet convinced them AC6 was actually a "puzzle game" where you're intended to adjust your build to match specific encounters as otherwise you'll just bang your head against a wall.

Meanwhile here I am rocking Nacht legs since Mission 3, zero difficulty issues.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
the only build changes i did the entire game after like chapter 1 was switching from the pulse blade to the laser dagger, switching from the SPAS shotgun to the Zim, and using the Pilebunker as soon as it became available

oh and the jailbreak head but that was a literal downgrade lol

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol that thinking and adjusting strategies makes something a "puzzle game"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I mean, the game is certainly open to being tackled that way. Intended to a degree even, but systems mastery is another road you can take.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The puzzle is how to fit the heaviest poo poo possible and then make the most baller paintjob

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
the real endgame puzzle is coercing the enemy into the right spot for optimal photo mode composition on death.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

the real endgame puzzle is coercing the enemy into the right spot for optimal photo mode composition on death.

I concede, this is the true one

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Waffle Shake posted:

You probably killed G6 Red too fast. While he's blubbering about it all being 621's fault, he mentions that Michigan is dead. No details on what happened, but it probably had something to do with everything being on fire.

He says that, but he has been lost down there for some time, I Think he goes in with Iquaza and gets lost

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Give us a trip report on bullying the AC Tester Pilot.

Also for anyone else on PC have you been experiencing crashes when turning on Raytracing in the garage? I've had two crashes just now while troubleshooting.

that started happening for me with the 537.34 nvidia driver update

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

AtomikKrab posted:

So do Michigan and Freud die in the NG++ ending? In a NG++ Run, Walter never speaks about Michigan eating it like he does in a regular run where you go with flatwell and take out V.V and V.VIII. Maybe Rusty betrays Arquebus a little earlier than expected and does the ambush instead in NG++ timeline, a bit weird with Pater an all if he does that but he could use an alternate AC like the steel haze Ortus for it.

Semi final mission mentions Walter and Carla fighting 6 vesper copies and presumably 6 redgun copies, Likely the missing vespers are Rusty and Freud so persumably Freud is alive but not present for the end, Freud is not a threat to Allmind because Freud doesn't do planning etc, But there were a total of 7 redguns since we find G7 dead in mission 1, G6 dies in the MIA mission to the players hands, or allmind if you skip him. G5 is Iguaza and there are like 30 copies of him floating around anyway, 64 dies to the wall, G3 is killed by the player in every timeline, G2 goes down on the helicopter mission. But where is my message on the glorious death of G1 Michigan in NG++?

Waffle Shake posted:

I think for G1 Michigan it's like in the other game cycles where you don't take the mission to Intercept the Red Guns, Michigan gets eliminated by Rusty along with the Balam MT platoon.

As for Freud, no idea, but with the chaos at Watchpoint Alpha between Snail getting assassinated by you and the amount of losses suffered by Arquebus in MIA, he probably had a ton of things on his hand to handle since by that point he's probably the only Vesper that isn't killed.

• V.II Snail, V.VI & G.III all got eliminated by you at the bottom of the Depths.
  • V.VII Swinburne either got assassinated by you or sent to re-education.
  • V.III Keefe got assassinated by you on Allmind's dime.
  • V.IV Rusty is evidently a RLF double agent, and by this point is no longer with the Vespers after his run-in with you.
  • V.VIII Pater got promoted to V.III, somewhat implying that V.V Hawkins got taken out by Middle Flatwell, then eliminated by you.
  • V.III Keefe & V.V Hawkins are killed in the second half of Chapter 4, and V.II Snail & Pater are implied to killed on the same day (+ the Arquebus expedition force into Watchpoint Alpha going literally up in flames).

And in Chapter 1 with Operation Wallclimber, it's implied by that V.I Freud is already busy with a lot of work from Arquebus as he isn't available for that mission, so he likely have to handle a lot of other things, assuming that he isn't pulled back by Arquebus to cut their losses or taken care off by Allmind one way or another.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

rodney mullenkamp posted:

that started happening for me with the 537.34 nvidia driver update

Same. I didn't have a single crash in 100+ hours and after I updated graphics drivers, my game crashed twice in the garage in like a day.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Some ACs I've put together as well as my one (good) decal.

BEST_FRIEND

SHIN GETTER

JOHN DARKSOUL

And finally, with a share code Isabelle.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So I double checked things, G6 red, G3 Wu whatever, and G5 Iguaza are the red guns sent into the watch point by Balam, Red I think was hiding in there the whole time so he does not have the right information, he's cut off, Iguaza betrayed Balam and went Awol, G3 betrayed Balam and went to Arquebus, he is alone, paniciked and losing his mind. since Walter doesn't do the line on Michigan, there is a chance that G1 lived since G6 has no real way of knowing the situation

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Ok the needle launcher as the sun is pretty incredible.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Just given the way things go in NG++, Freud probably died offscreen to Allmind. There's no need to mention him because that's how unimportant he is in the scheme of things. Just being the most fighty person in the setting does him no favors.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

GreatGreen posted:

Ok the needle launcher as the sun is pretty incredible.

It's supposed to be lightning spear :(

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Ok so in combat it looks like a lightning spear, but folded up like that, those three metal strips look like the rays of the sun (so grossly incandescent), so it's pulling double metaphor duty.

That's even cooler!

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 17, 2023

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

AtomikKrab posted:

So I double checked things, G6 red, G3 Wu whatever, and G5 Iguaza are the red guns sent into the watch point by Balam, Red I think was hiding in there the whole time so he does not have the right information, he's cut off, Iguaza betrayed Balam and went Awol, G3 betrayed Balam and went to Arquebus, he is alone, paniciked and losing his mind. since Walter doesn't do the line on Michigan, there is a chance that G1 lived since G6 has no real way of knowing the situation

Arquebus sends Rusty to kill Michigan if you take Flatwell's mission and Flatwell still successfully ambushes the Vespers if you take the Arquebus mission. There's no reason to think that Michigan is alive if you don't do either.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Michigan is alive in my cold dead heart. So long as 621 is out there, he lives on.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I see you casting all the faith based spells with your fireballs. But the moonlight is a Int weapon. :mad:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Michigan had a bad fall. That is all.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

War Wizard posted:

I see you casting all the faith based spells with your fireballs. But the moonlight is a Int weapon. :mad:

Ah, but if you hearken back to Demon's Souls it's a Faith weapon! Assault Armor is Wrath of God by the way.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Some ACs I've put together as well as my one (good) decal.

BEST_FRIEND

I love this, btw. There's a dog paw object as well, you could put paw prints walking across it.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

War Wizard posted:

item duped 999 soul of a great hero to become SL 709.

e:

War Wizard posted:

I love this, btw. There's a dog paw object as well, you could put paw prints walking across it.

Shoot I should make all the AC fruits. For the moment its just a bit more of a doggo themed decal post set, I wanted to make Doomguy's head for a paired release date skin too. It also has WOOF WOOF on the butt of the treads.

Pelican Dunderhead fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 17, 2023

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

War Wizard posted:

Michigan had a bad fall. That is all.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

No I definitely heard he died of it.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

A++ would get my poo poo wrecked by this AC and would be proud of it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just rolled credits on NG with the fires of raven ending, and am now thoroughly getting wrecked by the first NG+ new decision :)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Captain Foo posted:

just rolled credits on NG with the fires of raven ending, and am now thoroughly getting wrecked by the first NG+ new decision :)
If you follow iguana to the right and let him progress a bit until he moves up to the higher area before attacking him, usually you can 1v1 him for a while before volta shows up.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Almost done with NG++ (2 missions remaining) and while I enjoy the new missions I really wish you didn't have to replay so many of the old missions. It would be ok if it was like 50% or 75% new content but it really feels like its 25% new content and its kinda boring. Especially since I have to do another playthrough to get all the S ranks.

Edit: And that's all missions done, guess its time to grind out S ranks.

WarpedLichen fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 18, 2023

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

hey mom its 420 posted:

as it happens the ac I played for most of my s ranks has exactly 350 speed so I feel like this is a good excuse to post it

sweet loving my adidas paint scheme. gently caress.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Just finished NG, don't think I have it in me to do NG+ for a tiny handful of different missions. The idea of doing Swinburne or Nepenthes again makes me tired. It feels like the game is very much for people who like tinkering with mech builds as much or more than actually piloting them, and that's not me. Glad other people are having fun with it.

I do have to ask one thing: Why do Dafeng and Schneider exist, other than to make you remember two additional proper nouns that are effectively synonymous with Balam/Arquebus? The distinction seems to entirely pointless, and just adds verbosity to mission briefings.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thoom posted:

Just finished NG, don't think I have it in me to do NG+ for a tiny handful of different missions. The idea of doing Swinburne or Nepenthes again makes me tired. It feels like the game is very much for people who like tinkering with mech builds as much or more than actually piloting them, and that's not me. Glad other people are having fun with it.

I do have to ask one thing: Why do Dafeng and Schneider exist, other than to make you remember two additional proper nouns that are effectively synonymous with Balam/Arquebus? The distinction seems to entirely pointless, and just adds verbosity to mission briefings.

ATTENTION G13 RAVEN! THIS REQUEST COMES FROM OUR SUBSIDIARY 大丰!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dafeng and Schneider exist to give you alternative parts in the shop so not everything is labeled as Balam or Arquebus.

How are people making the orbits work? The Huxleys don't have very much ammo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
huxleys are light and great for consistently building stagger with their rapid firerate and attacking while you use hand weapons. the ammo is only a concern for long campaign missions, for shorter missions and pvp they're incredible

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I only break out the Huxley during boss fights, my other weapons are usually enough to handle trash mobs during longer missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Ibblebibble posted:

ATTENTION G13 RAVEN! THIS REQUEST COMES FROM OUR SUBSIDIARY 大丰!

I had to repeat the mission where you kill him so many times that Michigan is now my favorite character. Nobody else believes in me like G1 "2000 Albanys" Michigan does.