Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turning down any visual effects is cowardice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

I have an FC friend who was playing BLM with full effects on, and we only realized that when he said he didn't notice the flare marker during Emanation. That one's real hard to miss, so I figured that had to be what was going on, and his reaction was an instant "oh my god this is so much better, my eyes don't hurt any more".

I wish there were a more granular level of configuration for what exactly constitutes "limited" effects. Like, I was in an instance the other day and the despite being on limited, the MCH in the party's effects were all invisible. Not a huge issue, but it looked kinda stupid.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

That Little Demon posted:

how do I split them up, this sounds good
HUD Layout -> click on Target Info bar -> Settings button on the HUD Layout box -> checkbox on Display Target Info Independently

Clicking on a bar then the settings button will show you if there's different things you can do with that bar

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kazinsal posted:

I wish there were a more granular level of configuration for what exactly constitutes "limited" effects. Like, I was in an instance the other day and the despite being on limited, the MCH in the party's effects were all invisible. Not a huge issue, but it looked kinda stupid.

Limited pretty much just drops everything except any effect with a gameplay purpose - ground aoes and healing zones and the like.

Although if there was a middle ground that turned on other jobs' big hits like Stardiver and the like I'd probably run that.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I wish there was an option that turned off all the "impact" effects that hide the boss behind a billion fireballs but kept the weapon swing trails and similar personal effects.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

i had to turn my own vfx down when i was raiding on reaper because the enshroud stuff kept masking my own feet and i'd dip a toe in the poo water and die of cholera

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I found a plugin that lets me turn full effects on for 4 and 8 player parties and down to limited for alliance raids. Now I can see the pretty lights in roulettes and also be able to not stand in the bad accidentally in crystal tower (because I swear to god that's the only raid series in the alliance roulette pool)

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Antivehicular posted:

Has XP loss/debt on death in grindy multiplayer games ever been implemented well or added to the experience at all? I can't think of a single time it hasn't just been a pointless bringdown.

funny enough i take advantage of this aspect of eureka to help people experience the content in a fraction of the time it would otherwise take them.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My preferred method of healing is to set the boss as focus target. I have a mouse side button to switch to focus target, and another side button to switch to nearest enemy for adds and whatnot. If I need to do a single target heal I click someone in the party list, press the heal key then immediately hit the side button to get back to the boss.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Literally the only time I've turned effects down was in Baldesion Arsenal first time where it would have been a real real big pain in the rear end if I had died. Full effects otherwise. No regrets.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Part of why I play games is Spectacle. Why the gently caress would I tone down the exact reason I am playing this game by turning down visual effects?

PRETTY EFFECTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN BEING ABLE TO SEE, THEY MAKE MY BRAIN PRODUCE THE HAPPY CHEMICAL

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I have bad eyes and legit some fights in Panda I wouldn’t be able to do with full effects. I still wanna see the ghost buzz saws from fell cleave though.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
What are my options for hammer weapons as a Warrior? Axes are great and all but this class has always felt like it needs a hammer. Especially at the start and end when the game tasks you with breaking rocks with an axe.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Vord posted:

What are my options for hammer weapons as a Warrior? Axes are great and all but this class has always felt like it needs a hammer. Especially at the start and end when the game tasks you with breaking rocks with an axe.
They are quite limited. Currently there are three hammers that I’m aware of. One of them is from the tribe quests in ShB, the other is from completing P4S, and the other (beat looking one IMO) is a shop purchase.

snohax
May 30, 2011

The ShB hammer is a craftable weapon, not from a tribe quest. You can buy it off the market board, but it's a level 78 item, so be aware you can't glam it onto anything lower then that.

We really do need more warrior hammers. Of the current options, only the P4S weapon is dyeable. Also give me a replica of Nero's hammer.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love spell effects but it's summer time and i literally feel the space heater 5900x/3070ti kick on when there's a lot of poo poo going on ingame.

also green dps chat: i love blapping on sge because you actually have quite a few things to do. ppl poo poo on toxicon (somewhat rightly so) but feels good to be able to aoe blap while moving but out of range of phlegma balls. i work really hard at it except i don't bother dotting trash packs.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Summoner just isn't the same without Titan flashbanging me once a minute.

On the topic of healing, I gave Sage a look last night, and I definitely feel like it needs a bit of tweaking come 7.0. I feel like I barely use two thirds of my toolkit, and when I do have to use them they aren't as impactful as other healers' big buttons.

Very visually stimulating though.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

On the topic of healing, I gave Sage a look last night, and I definitely feel like it needs a bit of tweaking come 7.0. I feel like I barely use two thirds of my toolkit, and when I do have to use them they aren't as impactful as other healers' big buttons.

Which buttons do you feel are lacking, and what level do you have SGE at? Just curious.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
kerachole before 78 is trash and after that it's super super good. bouncing between kera and physis plus the haimas scratches my itch quite well. pneuma underwhelms me though, maybe i just havent been in enough content where it's available to find its use.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bloody Pom posted:

Sage feels like the most coherent and complete healer in the game to me. Everything they do is impactful, except for maybe Pepsis.

Jonny 290 posted:

kerachole before 78 is trash and after that it's super super good. bouncing between kera and physis plus the haimas scratches my itch quite well. pneuma underwhelms me though, maybe i just havent been in enough content where it's available to find its use.

Pair Pneuma with Zoe and it's basically a full party heal. Few things heal as much as that.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Sage feels like the most coherent and complete healer in the game to me. Everything they do is impactful, except for maybe Pepsis.

Pair Pneuma with Zoe and it's basically a full party heal. Few things heal as much as that.

Extremely agreed on both counts. A zoe'd pneuma is so satisfying.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

pneuma underwhelms me though, maybe i just havent been in enough content where it's available to find its use.

Zoe Pneuma is like a 1050 potency heal (700 *1.5 = 1050). It's monstrous.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That's got to be the missing link, yeah. Once i get into EW i suspect it'll become a bigger part of my life

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
HW post spoilers

Hildibrand got knights of the round cast on his rear end lmfao

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

HW post spoilers

Hildibrand got knights of the round cast on his rear end lmfao

A very cheap, heavily discounted bargain bin Knights of the Round, perhaps.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

BlazetheInferno posted:

A very cheap, heavily discounted bargain bin Knights of the Round, perhaps.

well considering who did it lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
whoever said using squad members for dungeons was dead wrong btw, its SO annoying trying to do mechanics with them, even in level 20 dungeons lol. the engage, disengage poo poo and trying to get them to target stuff during invul. phases is absolutely dreadful. I just want my goddamn squat emote...

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah squads are garbage. Just try to find a less painful set of dungeons to get it over with.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah squads are garbage. Just try to find a less painful set of dungeons to get it over with.

any suggestions? because the first dungeon is godawful wityh boss phases lol

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Thousand Maws 10 times with a podcast on. Virtually impossible to fail(don't overpull as tank, you don't have CDs and they don't AoE), no need to give orders to squad.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Thousand Maws 10 times with a podcast on. Virtually impossible to fail(don't overpull as tank, you don't have CDs and they don't AoE), no need to give orders to squad.

Bless

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, modern Toto-Rak is boring but quick and painless, because they forgot to make new bosses when they modernized the dungeon and you'll never have to move the squadron off their autotargets.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
They should make, and I would play, a Hildibrand adventure game like Phoenix Wright. Square are loving idiots.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Also, to make it go smoother, bring two Arcanist squaddies, as they actually have incredibly powerful AoEs that they use liberally due to still having the 2.0 skillset.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bloody Pom posted:

Also, to make it go smoother, bring two Arcanist squaddies, as they actually have incredibly powerful AoEs that they use liberally due to still having the 2.0 skillset.

That would require me to find and recruit them and I’m loathe to do that now that I have some 50s squad members. Also, how do I get the last rank of my GC? It didn’t make that clear

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

That would require me to find and recruit them and I’m loathe to do that now that I have some 50s squad members. Also, how do I get the last rank of my GC? It didn’t make that clear

Clear 5 unique dungeons with the squad then have the squad clear the new mission you can send them on.

The ranks above the one that gets you are all fake/un-implemented.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Cernunnos posted:

Clear 5 unique dungeons with the squad then have the squad clear the new mission you can send them on.

The ranks above the one that gets you are all fake/un-implemented.

Thanks

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Also the only real reason to get up to Captain is to be able to spend seals on the ARR-HW and StB minion lootboxes if you really want to. Sometimes a mount pops out of them. But you can also just get all the minions and mounts in the pool by just doing the things you originally got them for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I do feel the need to turn off some effect on the latest Alliance raids because it's 24 folks' lvl 90 effects going off and it can be genuinely hard to see what you're even fighting, let alone their patterns.