Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Anyone having any issue with the Weekly challenges?

I have 2 that are: Konnect Uppercuts and Perform Ground Attacks

Not sure what a ground attack is but I've uppercut so many loving guys and its sitting at 4/50. Seems improbable, what am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They reset after every fight. Some people have managed to get the 50 uppercuts one by using damage-reducing relics with some late-Invasion armored enemy. Ground attacks don't need to connect so you can keep the CPU in Cyrax's net and spam them. I'm gonna assume that like with the store not refreshing, it's just early access weirdness and there'll still be a chance to get the Li Mei skin next week

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Is there any indication re: Shang Tsung as to whether he's going to be available at purchase at launch or if not when he'll be "out" if you don't preorder and how much he'll cost?

I'm interested in playing as him but tying a character behind pre-orders feels super loving scummy and I'd really rather not reward that if possible.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You are infinity too late for that not to be a norm but from previous games he’ll likely be available for $6 immediately.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol the Switch version got datamined even deeper and two prominent leakers have found voiceline data among other things for future DLC characters. Apparently the 3 they found are Cassie, Kung Jin, and Jade..

I'm not really too high on the first 2 though, would have preferred almost anyone else tbh.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Eh Cassie is the most fun of the kombat kids imo. Jade probably going in because Ed Boon wants to stop receiving death threats

future character release spoilers maybe

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

lol the Switch version got datamined even deeper and two prominent leakers have found voiceline data among other things for future DLC characters. Apparently the 3 they found are Cassie, Kung Jin, and Jade..

I'm not really too high on the first 2 though, would have preferred almost anyone else tbh.

regards to two of them there was files found that the scene where the Kombat Kids get chumped was supposed to be different, so maybe the dialogue for them might have been from there?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
In regards to the story:

They really can't let go of the timelines, the story seemed to be going great if a bit smaller feeling, up until the game just says "gently caress IT, ARMAGEDDON." I was very much invested but I hate that the story seemed to be hamstrung and zipped super fast to the end, but I guess this whole game is sort of a love letter to all the 3D era games.

I will say this, I have no loving clue what they're gonna do now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

regards to two of them there was files found that the scene where the Kombat Kids get chumped was supposed to be different, so maybe the dialogue for them might have been from there?

that's possible---someone else said they checked the files and only found definitive voicelines for the other 3rd character so who knows. I'd prefer this to be wrong honestly because it wouldn't be very exciting to me.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
They should just throw in loving Beetlejuice, either the musical or the movie one would work.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I suspect the story DLC for MK1 won’t be as timeline shenanigans focused. The major plot hooks going forward seems to be (story and arcade endings spoilers here):
a)Shao and Reiko are running around with a rebel army and Reiko has gone to awaken and capture Onaga the Dragon King, who is like a Kaiju type thing in the new era

b) Havik dropped a wizard nuke on Orderrealm and is probably gonna be a problem for the other realms now too, and his Titan version was teased as well but that would feel like a lame retread of the Shang situation imo

c) There’s a random pre fight dialogue with Geras where he mentions there was one other Keeper of Time before Kronika—so who knows what that means

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

that's possible---someone else said they checked the files and only found definitive voicelines for the other 3rd character so who knows. I'd prefer this to be wrong honestly because it wouldn't be very exciting to me.

dlc pack 2 stuff is weird because people already posting about these new leaks of cassie, kung jin, and jade was that harley quinn, deathstroke, doomslayer, kano, noob, and sareena. if theres actual voice lines for those first 3 in the game then that first Kombat Pack 2 leak is debunked.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The DLC is gonna be like the ending of Clue, where it's like "IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED LIKE THIS"

Also how old is Johnny supposed to be in this game compared to MK9? He seems older and more washed up, but not MKX or MK11 old yet

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The DLC is gonna be like the ending of Clue, where it's like "IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED LIKE THIS"

Also how old is Johnny supposed to be in this game compared to MK9? He seems older and more washed up, but not MKX or MK11 old yet

Well, based on the timeline shenanigans it seems and I think Liu didn't really care that much, Johnny was pretty washed up in the original Mortal Kombat, and in 9, only difference being Liu really hates Sonya.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Having seen all the endings this is all the stuff going on:

Mileena, Baraka, Reptile, Kitana, Sindel, Tanya, Li Mei: Leading outworld and all in prominent positions except Li Mei who goes back to being a cop and sindel who goes back to being ermac. Basically the new outworld leadership.

Scorpion, Smoke, Raiden: Formed the Shirai Ryu with Harumi & teen Hanzo Hasashi. Would love to see Harumi as a MK2 character as a kind of Lady Snowblood/Oren Ishii type. Hanzo Hasashi as Scorpion 2 with Kuai Liang becoming SCORPION noob saibot would be fun. Raiden is a student of the Shirai Ryu learning RAGE

Sub Zero: Doing the cyber initiative lol

Shao Kahn & Reiko: Resurrecting Onaga and trying to rule outworld (currently very unsuccessfully)

Ashrah: Rescued Sareena from Quan Chi and formed the Order of Light and protects Earthrealm

Havik: loving poo poo up in order realm, though based on his ending it seems most of order realm were "slaves" to like...having cool pyramids and cellphones so Im assuming by "freed them" Havik meant "freed them from life & a functioning stable government.

Rain: Back in outworld to face his punishment after drowning order realm for Havik like an idiot

Shang Tsung: Found Shang Tsung's island and is currently turning it into a cool place to have fun

Kenshi: Became an FBI agent and formed the OIA with Jax

Johnny Cage: Currently informing Earthrealm of all the crazy poo poo via cinematic universe

Kung Lao: Training Shujinko wrong on purpose, as a joke

Liu Kang & Geras: Liu kang is mortal now (though long lived) and wants Geras to take over for him when he dies. Geras found a way to monitor all timelines so he's big brother now.

Nitara: Kidnapping people off the street to breed them in pens to make living live stock for her vampire people. Bro, have these people not heard of drinking like animal blood? Just buy some cows, man!!!

--

Some pretty clear story hooks in addition to the actual story ending and the existence of multiple timelines.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So sad that Kenshi becomes a cop tbh 😔

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Wonder if we'll see the return of Cyber Sub-Zero in the next game.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

KungFu Grip posted:

Unlikely since the interactions were specifically intro dialogues with Nitara

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A lot of the pre-fight dialogues also imply Ashrah and Reptile kind of have a thing going on

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Blockhouse posted:

A lot of the pre-fight dialogues also imply Ashrah and Reptile kind of have a thing going on

Reptile is the hottest he has ever looked and Ashrah in her hat costume is the hottest she's ever looked, I'm rooting for them

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Reptile got over the death of his wife and kids really fast

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Reptile/Ashrah kombat kid let’s goooo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PostNouveau posted:

Reptile got over the death of his wife and kids really fast

Eh it's not clear how long of a period of time all the endings/pre-fight lines are covering considering there's also a bunch about Scorpion and Harumi getting married

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Reptile's about to be hit by a Street Fighter IV super.

Jerkface posted:

He's also following in the footsteps of Chipp Zanuff by trying to start his own ninja nation.

Blockhouse posted:

One pre-fight dialogue makes it apparent that Havik's real name is Dairou, which I guess is their way of saying, "We are absolutely not bringing Dairou back in a meaningful way. He's as lame as Hsu Hao."

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Lol Shujinko being trained so badly by Kung Lao he had to have his mind wiped is fantastic

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I don’t like that unlockables are pretty much gated behind whatever the current active season is or whatever the shrine farts out that isn’t concept art (it’s always concept art).

I’m just kinda twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next invasion season. 11 was better cus you had a constant supply of new towers that you could see the rewards for plus whatever the krypt gave you for your koins. It was easier to just pop in and grab what you wanted to get.

I’m not even sure what function the rotating towers serve here other than a further means to grind and get a little bit of currency.

This needs better single player legs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

dlc pack 2 stuff is weird because people already posting about these new leaks of cassie, kung jin, and jade was that harley quinn, deathstroke, doomslayer, kano, noob, and sareena. if theres actual voice lines for those first 3 in the game then that first Kombat Pack 2 leak is debunked.

That dlc leak with poo poo like Harley Quinn and Deathstroke was unanimously debunked , there's nothing in the datamines that indicate they are anywhere here.

However, a few more datamines were done tonight and a lot of evidence in voicelines addressing anonymous characters seem to point towards characters like Ghostface, Noob Saibot, Harumi (wife of Hanzo) or possibly Sareena, or the T-1000.

Some details on why it seems those are the probable characters:

- The Noob Saibot stuff comes from characters addressing a "wraith" and asking if they were Bi-Han; Homelander saying they look like Black Noir.

- Ghostface comes from voicelines repeatedly mentioning "a mask and a knife" or "a mask and a cloak." Not sure who else it would be.

- Harumi or Sareena is possible due to some characters mentioning "heard a rumor you have a thing with Kuai Liang" and also some other throwaway lines about Harumi. No clue who it could be.

- A few lines about Johnny saying something looks like a "megatron" and "space cop" and people think it's a Terminator thing but honestly, no telling here.

Not sure how much of it is possibly leftover poo poo from testing or future ideas; part of me toyed with the possibility that they left stupid poo poo in here on purpose but as history has proven, the devs are insanely bad at hiding poo poo and fail to recognize the Switch versions of their games get cracked easy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

That dlc leak with poo poo like Harley Quinn and Deathstroke was unanimously debunked , there's nothing in the datamines that indicate they are anywhere here.

However, a few more datamines were done tonight and a lot of evidence in voicelines addressing anonymous characters seem to point towards characters like Ghostface, Noob Saibot, Harumi (wife of Hanzo) or possibly Sareena, or the T-1000.

Some details on why it seems those are the probable characters:

- The Noob Saibot stuff comes from characters addressing a "wraith" and asking if they were Bi-Han; Homelander saying they look like Black Noir.

- Ghostface comes from voicelines repeatedly mentioning "a mask and a knife" or "a mask and a cloak." Not sure who else it would be.

- Harumi or Sareena is possible due to some characters mentioning "heard a rumor you have a thing with Kuai Liang" and also some other throwaway lines about Harumi. No clue who it could be.

- A few lines about Johnny saying something looks like a "megatron" and "space cop" and people think it's a Terminator thing but honestly, no telling here.

Not sure how much of it is possibly leftover poo poo from testing or future ideas; part of me toyed with the possibility that they left stupid poo poo in here on purpose but as history has proven, the devs are insanely bad at hiding poo poo and fail to recognize the Switch versions of their games get cracked easy.

My guess for the last one is Judge Dredd. It's not like Karl Urban isn't doing Mortal Kombat stuff already.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Something else I saw re:potential DLC is an actual voiceline from a voice that sounds identical to Revenant from Apex Legends where he just says "Scorpion." It's possible he's at least an announcer, but he could be a character AND announcer like Omniman.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is it normal for a game to have voice lines from DLC that far out? Pack 1 hasn't even come out yet.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ed boons gonna add the Leprechaun

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Rhonne posted:

Is it normal for a game to have voice lines from DLC that far out? Pack 1 hasn't even come out yet.

Idk poo poo but I imagine it’s a lot cheaper/easier to plan out your entire DLC run ahead of time and get all the lines you’re ever gonna need from a voice actor in 1 session, and code them in with the base stuff.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rhonne posted:

MK11's dlc leaked instantly as well. Part of why everyone knew Ash Williams was supposed to be in it (besides them adding the copywrite too early) before the deal fell through. The only ones that wre a bit of surprises were Robocop, Mileena, Rain, and Rambo

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 18, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Looking over the leaked list of pre-fight dialogue, it lists one line from the character we already know with a blank line to be added later. The DLC characters I can just about confirm are:

- Conan the Barbarian. There's talk of someone who is a warrior, has a broadsword, wears fur-lined briefs, is more jacked than Peacemaker, mentions his god, and Peacemaker wonders if one opponent has his own harem.

- Ghostface. To go with what DLC Inc posted, Omni-Man has a reaction that sounds very much like someone asked him, "Do you like scary movies?" and jokes that someone looks like he's trick or treating.

- Cyrax. At the very least a Lin Kuei robot who leaves the Lin Kuei after the transformation. Johnny does joke to someone about being the ketchup to their mustard.

- T-1000. I don't know how that works in terms of receiving Fatalities, but Peacemaker asks "Why don't you turn into a bomb and blow me up?" and mentions how one opponent looks exactly like his father.

There's also plenty of mention about some kind of fantastic armor. I don't think it relates to Cyrax and it's not Takeda, as he's intrigued by it. Could easily be someone like Doomslayer.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Gavok posted:

Conan the Barbarian

yoooooooooo

maybe we'll actually get arnie this time lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Gavok posted:

Looking over the leaked list of pre-fight dialogue, it lists one line from the character we already know with a blank line to be added later. The DLC characters I can just about confirm are:

- Conan the Barbarian. There's talk of someone who is a warrior, has a broadsword, wears fur-lined briefs, is more jacked than Peacemaker, mentions his god, and Peacemaker wonders if one opponent has his own harem.

- Ghostface. To go with what DLC Inc posted, Omni-Man has a reaction that sounds very much like someone asked him, "Do you like scary movies?" and jokes that someone looks like he's trick or treating.

- Cyrax. At the very least a Lin Kuei robot who leaves the Lin Kuei after the transformation. Johnny does joke to someone about being the ketchup to their mustard.

- T-1000. I don't know how that works in terms of receiving Fatalities, but Peacemaker asks "Why don't you turn into a bomb and blow me up?" and mentions how one opponent looks exactly like his father.

There's also plenty of mention about some kind of fantastic armor. I don't think it relates to Cyrax and it's not Takeda, as he's intrigued by it. Could easily be someone like Doomslayer.

:ohno:

Besides Cyrax I'm not excited for any of those, like at all. loving Ghostface? Blegh

I really hope those aren't real, Jesus christ just add MK characters

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Mover posted:

I suspect the story DLC for MK1 won’t be as timeline shenanigans focused. The major plot hooks going forward seems to be (story and arcade endings spoilers here):
a)Shao and Reiko are running around with a rebel army and Reiko has gone to awaken and capture Onaga the Dragon King, who is like a Kaiju type thing in the new era

b) Havik dropped a wizard nuke on Orderrealm and is probably gonna be a problem for the other realms now too, and his Titan version was teased as well but that would feel like a lame retread of the Shang situation imo

c) There’s a random pre fight dialogue with Geras where he mentions there was one other Keeper of Time before Kronika—so who knows what that means

Lmao. What was lui kang smoking at the dawn of his time onaga eh, gently caress it, godzilla mode

Also i thought shao was dead? Didnt shang take his soul in story?

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Gavok posted:

:sickos:

100% forgive them for the cape poo poo if this turns out to be true

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Gavok posted:

My guess for the last one is Judge Dredd. It's not like Karl Urban isn't doing Mortal Kombat stuff already.

Oh my god please ed, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Lmao. What was lui kang smoking at the dawn of his time onaga eh, gently caress it, godzilla mode

Also i thought shao was dead? Didnt shang take his soul in story?

That was the Shao from Titan Shang Tsung's timeline. Regular Shao gets arrested off-screen and breaks out of prison in his arcade ending.