Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Torquemada posted:

It's not Bey Once like once upon a time?

Bey me Once, shame on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Bey me Once, shame on you

Wont get beyed again

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fiancé, Pokémon, Beyoncé.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Yeah nobody pronounces PokAYmon right either

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Which is ironic with how long that insidiously catchy theme song has been around.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

YggiDee posted:

Fiancé, Pokémon, Beyoncé.

All also accent aigu, not stress marks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

paging goon pokeyman to settle the question once and for all

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They don't even say it right in the show, all the characters kept saying po-kuh-mon and it made me mad as a kid. I hadn't been diagnosed yet.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
saying it pokeymon > saying it pokamon

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Adults use the full unabbreviated name (monsters in your pocket)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Poketto Monsutā If you aren’t a baka gaijin

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Poketto Monsutā If you aren’t a baka gaijin

AND IF I AM?!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There was a sequel to Grease released in 1982, starring Michelle Pfeiffer in her first major film role. I had no idea.

The film was so bad that Pfeiffer really struggled to land another role afterwards and it nearly sunk her career, with Brian De Palma refusing to let her audition for Scarface until a producer bent his arm.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
When I was like 12 I had an Internet Girlfriend from Canada and she loved Grease 2.

I really wonder whatever happened to her. Tragic she and I didn't work out.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Also the male lead went on to play Rex Manning in Empire Records, and that is the extent that I know of his career. Grease 2 was awful. Grease was mostly awful.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

There was a sequel to Grease released in 1982, starring Michelle Pfeiffer in her first major film role. I had no idea.

The film was so bad that Pfeiffer really struggled to land another role afterwards and it nearly sunk her career, with Brian De Palma refusing to let her audition for Scarface until a producer bent his arm.

The VHS box of Grease 2 deliberately put the "2" way the hell up where it might easily be missed. My first job was at a video rental place and it wasn't uncommon for customers who hadn't looked at the box very closely to come back, angrily demanding the real movie instead of whatever the hell cheap poo poo sequel this was.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Powered Descent posted:

My first job was at a video rental place and it wasn't uncommon for customers who hadn't looked at the box very closely to come back, angrily demanding the real movie instead of whatever the hell cheap poo poo sequel this was.

How difficult impossible was it not to ask "So this isn't the one that you want?"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

People overstate how bad Grease 2 was, even if it's true that it doesn't hold a candle to the original. If nothing else, I always thought the opening number was pretty catchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bbTEJCoNxw

e: Michelle Pfeiffer was obviously miscast but she makes up for it by being really hot

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 08:06 on Sep 18, 2023

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

steinrokkan posted:

Adults use the full unabbreviated name (monsters in your pocket)

*pockét

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Her first really big job was as a main cast member on the TV version of Animal House.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
'Dagnabbit' and 'dadgummit' are taboo deformations of "god drat it". Super super obvious but I haven't thought about those words since I watched Yosemite Sam cartoons as a kid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Same except I watched Yosemite Sam cartoons like 2 days ago

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was wondering if "Aw shucks" was also a type of taboo deformation but it's probably not? It apparently comes from "shuck" which meant "something valueless"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

'Dagnabbit' and 'dadgummit' are taboo deformations of "god drat it". Super super obvious but I haven't thought about those words since I watched Yosemite Sam cartoons as a kid

An old -timey Vermont saying is "Jeezum Crow" in place of Jesus Christ.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Sep 19, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jeezum Crow, that maple tree broke my witch window!

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
I've always found it funny how the term for these kinds of phrases is "minced oath".

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think it's funny that the number one stereotypical French saying, the one any American will say if you ask them to immitate a French accent, is itself a minced oath for "sacré dieu"

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Not only does the trackpad on my laptop support scrolling by using two fingers, but if I do it the right way it's actually easy to use!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

I think it's funny that the number one stereotypical French saying, the one any American will say if you ask them to immitate a French accent, is itself a minced oath for "sacré dieu"

How the heck do you go from sacré dieu to omelette du fromage :confused:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How the heck do you go from sacré dieu to omelette du fromage :confused:

Tell me you've never had a really good cheese omelette before without saying you've never had a really good cheese omelette.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've never had a cheese omelette period (.). Probably never will.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Fromage, wisdom.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Inceltown posted:

Tell me you've never had a really good cheese omelette before without saying you've never had a really good cheese omelette.

An omelette du fromage is an omelette made entirely of cheese.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Splendid posted:

So, a really good cheese omelette?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Omelette from fromage

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I used to think I knew every little piece of Robocop trivia, but today I am watching the new Robodoc and I never knew the cops in Robocop's precinct were all named after serial killers.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

Omelette from fromage

From Fromage originally, but they emi-grated.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"Zut alors" is a corruption of "poo poo a lot."

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Feel Good, Inc. by Gorillaz features De La Soul. I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Captain Splendid posted:

I’m poo poo at judging amounts so when I make omelettes they frequently become ‘fried cheese with a light egg coating’.

Sometimes accidents are not always accidents.