Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
There is nothing more satisfying than killing 2 survivor out of a team of troll/toxic players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Kwolok posted:

Just curious, what level are you and what side do you play more?

Usually play against people in high 20s to low 30s, don't remember my exact level but presumably somewhere around there. Usually play as Family, either Hitchhiker or Leatherface. I am very bad at surviving as Victim, I know what I should be doing but the game makes me panic in new and exciting ways, hah.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

GlyphGryph posted:

Usually play against people in high 20s to low 30s, don't remember my exact level but presumably somewhere around there. Usually play as Family, either Hitchhiker or Leatherface. I am very bad at surviving as Victim, I know what I should be doing but the game makes me panic in new and exciting ways, hah.

I wonder if you put enough time in if your thoughts will change. There is only one form of matchmaking in the game and its level based, two buckets one below 50 and one above. Of course if there are parties or if the lobby is open long enough it will begin to mix the two.

High level lobbies are truly and utterly insufferable in my opinion. Its nothing but toxic victims who have figured out to exploit every advantage (iframes, endurance builds, stun chainging, fuse box/valve rushing etc). I know because I only play victim these days (I'm level 77). Playing with my friends as a victim at this level is ALWAYS a 2 man escape and almost always a full 4 man escape. Playing family at this level is an absolute poo poo show, where you simply have to play certain family members, and have to play at such a high level of constant stress and pressure. Similar to the problem dbd has for killer but turned up to 11 and insanely reliant on three people doing their absolute best. And even if they do that, there are still some broken aspects for victims that can ensure they escape.

I still quite enjoy playing victim, probably because its so imbalanced in victim favor, but I pretty much barely enjoy family at all anymore.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
There's lots of basic broken poo poo that I could see being infuriating at higher play - I can't believe they haven't changed how door slams work for example - but I honestly kind of doubt I game enough to get to those levels before the game dies, hah.

People swear up and down in other places that the game is super victim sided even at the level I'm at despite it feeling like the exact opposite (the last non cheater I had escape was a match where one of the family disconnected seconds after it started) - I imagine it would get easier with a group too. So even though I believe you that it does eventually get that way it's hard to *really* believe it.

But at least for now, honestly I don't really care that much if people escape anyway. What even is "winning" in that game? If I did my job and played my best and put up some challenge I'm happy.

The game doesn't keep track of wins or losses or really even defined what a win *is*, so it's pretty easy to just chill imo.

And frankly even if it gets bad later I'm just happy to finally have a game where I can play a support character as an antagonist and feel like I was the lead contributor even if I got zero kills, very fun for me

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 17, 2023

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So a lot of high level play is just crazy amounts of map knowledge, but also the biggest factor in a teams success is grouping and comms.

I also wouldn't care if we just lost, the problem is, a lot of games as family at that level are one of two categories. 1) they rush exits so fast the game is over in under two minutes. Or 2) they abuse mechanics to be as toxic as possible by chaining stuns, abusing doors, doing "sneak attacks" mid chase etc.

It's insanely toxic at high levels and it sucks. I blame streamers.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

I read these names and then Bird Lady turned to the camera and went :chloe: . Also, if you turn the graphic settings to "Bad" then it is easier see people hiding in tall grass.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Soho Joe posted:

I read these names and then Bird Lady turned to the camera and went :chloe: . Also, if you turn the graphic settings to "Bad" then it is easier see people hiding in tall grass.

Your pic seems fine graphically. I dunno why, but it seems like the most distant survivors in the lobby screen on my computer look like they're smudged with Vaseline in my game even with all graphics settings on max.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Soho Joe posted:

I went up against those same people.
They were using the two survivors from the skull merchant chapter.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm trying out Ghost Face for the first time. He's kind of weird compared to Wraith, but the undetectable status is much more powerful on him since I don't need to loudly go DING DONG before I show up, meaning I can just swoop survivors off of gens. It feels delicious.

One quick question: can hooked survivors break my Night Shroud stealth? I guess technically they can see me, but it does feel a bit silly. Still, the ability feels regardless because even if a survivor spots me, if they're right next to me I have a short window where I can one shot them anyway which still feels great.

E: Which Killer is genuinely the scariest to play against as a survivor? I want to scare my survivors by coming out of nowhere, so I enjoy stealthy killers more.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 17, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm trying out Ghost Face for the first time. He's kind of weird compared to Wraith, but the undetectable status is much more powerful on him since I don't need to loudly go DING DONG before I show up, meaning I can just swoop survivors off of gens. It feels delicious.

One quick question: can hooked survivors break my Night Shroud stealth? I guess technically they can see me, but it does feel a bit silly. Still, the ability feels regardless because even if a survivor spots me, if they're right next to me I have a short window where I can one shot them anyway which still feels great.

Survivors on the hook or on the ground can absolutely break it. Survivors that are currently marked can't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

E: Which Killer is genuinely the scariest to play against as a survivor? I want to scare my survivors by coming out of nowhere, so I enjoy stealthy killers more.

They can, but only at a limited range and it takes a few seconds. The trick with Ghostface is to stalk from afar, get people up to 99% stalked and then get closer to click that final 1%. And if you've got a healthy survivor at 99% and they reveal you, resist the temptation to hit them because that will just put them in injured and lose all stalk progress, better to just go away from them and come back later when you can finish the mark.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ghostface is the scariest to me, you can never let your guard down (while people aren’t in chase) and the mechanics compel you to be hyper vigilant and spin your camera constantly in case you’re being peeked at from around any corner. Not knowing how marked you are is a bonus source of worry.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Michael is always spooky, you never really know when that rear end in a top hat is lurking :argh:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I think I get the most "oh poo poo" reactions out of survivors as Sadako, she's short and her demanifestation is pretty stealthy. I guess if I had less of a care for aesthetics I could play Wraith but boooring.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I've been playing Ghost Face for a few matches and I feel like I'm getting the hang of him now. I had a really funny moment where I hit a pretty skilled looping survivor and he kept evading me, so I broke off the chase to activate Night Shroud then kicked a gen that was near completion on the second story of the big house (not sure which map, has a bunch of cornfields and stone walls). I turned to go back downstairs and bumped into the looping survivor I was dealing with just a minute before coming up the stairs, presumably expecting to finish the gen I just kicked. I downed him and broke out laughing since we basically surprised each other.

There was also another moment in the same match where I saw two survivors healing behind a few stone walls with the Nurse's Calling perk, so I crouched and snuck up on them and made a surprise attack. I probably scared the poo poo out of them since it looked like they had no idea I was coming.

Ghost Face is fun!

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 17, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

At a certain level of play the only real "scares" left are indeed, jump scares. Ironically, I think the best killer for this is Lisa (the Hag) because her traps are literal jump scares (loud noise, object appearing out of nowhere, survivor camera forced to look at triggered trap). But also the fact Lisa is a 24m TR, short killer means you can make use of M&A + Nurse's to sneak up on people you see healing and down them really lends itself to spooking the poo poo out of survivors as well. The best part is some survivors that can psyche themselves up for expected traps will get got by the big brain traps or more inventive trap placement you can use. I've literally had survivors not struggle for 5+ seconds or the entire carry time I get them to a hook after a particularly crafty trap gets me the down.

That, and Scratched Mirror Myers or the occasional Ghost Face jump are generally the only things that really get a "you scared the poo poo outta me" in post game chat.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 17, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Speaking of Hag, if you guys haven't tried Speed Hag yet I highly recommend it. They recently buffed Waterlogged Shoes so that while it removes your ability to teleport, your speed is boosted 7.5%, making her the fastest killer in the game. Add the Charred Hand add on to make her traps spawn physical mainifestations to block doorways and Play With Your Food and holy poo poo she's hilariously fast and fun

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I still get jumpscared by Hag traps and nothing else even comes close. Love playing as her and seeing survivor movement that absolutely means they got got.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is there anyway to earn the Whassup Ghost Face skin or is it just lost forever now?

E: also the game doesn't seem to tell me what kind of game it was anymore in the post-match results screen like Merciless Killer etc, it just goes straight to medals.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 17, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think it's just a bug, it does it for me too but it still plays victory music for Brutal and above, and failure music for the entity hungers

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Your pic seems fine graphically. I dunno why, but it seems like the most distant survivors in the lobby screen on my computer look like they're smudged with Vaseline in my game even with all graphics settings on max.

I had this, switching my fullscreen setting fixed it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It seems like main drawbacks of playing Ghost Face is that he moves slow and is bad at patrolling gens. It seems like by the time I've stalked and hooked one survivor, the survivors have already slammed through 3-4 gens and are down to 2 or 1 left.

I'm also not great at doing the side tilt stalk since I can't seem to get a good angle where I see them but they can't see me. Survivors are usually on awkward angles of gens where there's not really cover for me to stalk from so they spot me.

E: I also get a visual bug where after a match the fog effect etc on text loops really fast. Not game-breaking, but distracting and a bug I think has been there for years now.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 17, 2023

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Save the Best For Last is stunningly good on him since survivors just *love* running at you if it means they can break up your stealth. So smack them for it, if you get to 8 stacks they're doomed

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Is there anyway to earn the Whassup Ghost Face skin or is it just lost forever now?

I suspect it will come to the store like other old rift skins eventually, but being a licensed killer you will have to buy it with auric cells.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

It seems like main drawbacks of playing Ghost Face is that he moves slow and is bad at patrolling gens. It seems like by the time I've stalked and hooked one survivor, the survivors have already slammed through 3-4 gens and are down to 2 or 1 left.

I'm also not great at doing the side tilt stalk since I can't seem to get a good angle where I see them but they can't see me. Survivors are usually on awkward angles of gens where there's not really cover for me to stalk from so they spot me.

E: I also get a visual bug where after a match the fog effect etc on text loops really fast. Not game-breaking, but distracting and a bug I think has been there for years now.

He moves at 115% speed when not crouched, so he's a perfectly average killer in that respect. When crouched he moves at something like 96% though, so if you're crouching all the time you will be slow as hell.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

o

It makes the auto bloodweb move faster too I think? It at least feels like it.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
How bad is cheating on TCM lately? Are PC players still segregated off from everyone else?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Last I checked as Ghostface if you can see survivors, they can see you (and thus pull you out of Night Shroud). The trick is to do it from an angle where you don't think they're looking at.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Lonjon posted:

How bad is cheating on TCM lately? Are PC players still segregated off from everyone else?

Yeah they still have cross play turned off but... I dunno to my knowledge I've never encountered a hacker since playing but maybe it has been subtle.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Lonjon posted:

I encounter an obvious hacker one in maybe 20 games. But I notice subtle hacking (Like always running just a bit too fast) like 1 in maybe 10. I am shocked to hear the other poster say he doesn't run into it.

Just had a fun one where I kept getting spammed with "Cook has heard you" and was being highlighted for the enemy family. There was no cook on the family team...

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I just wanted to show this. Friend during a public lobby after a game where we all escaped

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I would be more scared of Hag if she actually existed. (she's almost Twins level of unplayed)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Blasmeister posted:

I would be more scared of Hag if she actually existed. (she's almost Twins level of unplayed)
This is the peril of not playing much Survivor I suppose, I have no idea how common these things are, other than the new one probably having some popularity. Isn't Wesker the perennial hit now?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Nessus posted:

This is the peril of not playing much Survivor I suppose, I have no idea how common these things are, other than the new one probably having some popularity. Isn't Wesker the perennial hit now?

This was every survivor game I played from like 2 or 3 weeks post-singu release up until Alien day.

I've been on a break from the game recently but the addition of Xenomorph (and the fact that she was bugged + powerful basekit anyway) has simply added a new contender for #1 without actually reducing the number of Weskers I saw. Current stats are Xeno/Wesker, Blight, and then 1 of a bunch of random others.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I think it says a lot for the variety in the game that even though Wesker is immensely popular he's still less than 15% of your matches. Noticeably larger than all other killers but not overwhelmingly so.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I personally really dislike going against Wesker (I think the claim he is the "best designed dbd killer" is laughable given his power relies on the notoriously godawful hitboxes and collision, and provides the info+gameplay incentive for tunneling, something survivor mains infamously despise) and I started tracking killers when I went against 3 Penti+Plaything Weskers in a row one night. To see if he really was, in fact, that inescapable or if I was confirmation biasing myself.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Lonjon posted:

I've only encountered two noticable hackers in over a hundred hours of playtime, and both times were funnier than they were frustrating (one because he was cheating like crazy with this spaggetification hack that let him worm around the map, but we killed everyone else so quick that we still locked down the map and eventually killed him, and the other because as we put more and more pressure on him he resorted to more and more blatant hacks until he just popped up into the air and flew away)

Probably been more in terms of subtle ones but nothing else that really ruined my enjoyment I can recall. Most of the hack stuff doesn't matter as much as people think it does, and the really bad ones like remotely triggering the gen or unlocking stuff, don't seem to be *that* common.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

I encounter an obvious hacker one in maybe 20 games. But I notice subtle hacking (Like always running just a bit too fast) like 1 in maybe 10. I am shocked to hear the other poster say he doesn't run into it.

I may just not be noticing subtle hacks, to be honest I'm 99.9% family so my attention is focused on doing my 'job'.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Comfortador posted:

I may just not be noticing subtle hacks, to be honest I'm 99.9% family so my attention is focused on doing my 'job'.

Mostly they seem to be along the lines of infinite stamina and not fun things, like loading in as Leatherface on the victim side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1703770983004282928?s=20