Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Time_pants posted:

... alright. Thanks?

PAK CHOOIE UNF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Time_pants posted:

What are they? I'm not sure Google is turning anything up.

It's a robot that shoves things

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Time_pants posted:

... alright. Thanks?

It's from a bit of SA history

The same thing that gave us "do you have stairs in your house?"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a robot that shoves things

Turn on your monitor

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Kit Walker posted:

It's from a bit of SA history

The same thing that gave us "do you have stairs in your house?"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I gotcha. A bit before my time, probably!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

War Wizard posted:

Do you think Elon pays himself out of his own monetization scheme? To see if it works.

I would honestly be surprised if he didn't.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Time_pants posted:

What are they? I'm not sure Google is turning anything up.

They're here to protect you from the terrible secret of space

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My halloween costume from that year lol

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Waffle House posted:

They're here to protect you from the terrible secret of space

Sadly they can't protect us from the terrible secrets of Musk.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Time_pants posted:

:frogout:

Data Graham posted:

:frogon:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Data Graham posted:

I'm the beige CRT

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Data Graham posted:

omg this is amazing

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Waffle House posted:

I'm the beige CRT

poo poo, aren’t we all.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol i remember that picture

unless you never posted it before, in which case I remember another one like it

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 18, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Time_pants posted:

:regd04: + 8

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Carr is also a piece of poo poo too if i recall. almost every british celebrity that does comedy other than, idk maybe matt berry and diane morgan (philomena cunk) is some level of sex pest or active bigot or ignorant fuckwit

david mitchell? i know webb is kinda a chud

Surprise T Rex posted:

Not to defend tax dodgers or anything but afaik Jimmy Carr’s thing was tax “avoidance” (legal) not tax “evasion” (illegal). Not that this makes it less immoral, though.

I do also sort of doubt he’s the one sitting down and personally managing his finances - I assume once you’re a celebrity you just pay someone to deal with all of the finance stuff and file tax returns on your behalf.
speaking of him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc8epam4NyY

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Charles Ford posted:

I've been thinking this for a while - at least Trump apparently had the charisma to get people to put him on TV and Home Alone 2. Musk doesn't even have that, imagine him presenting any TV show.

Sounds like you haven’t been graced with his Simpsons episode yet.

(Starts at 2:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLU0Qp4sOiQ

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Charles Ford posted:

I've been thinking this for a while - at least Trump apparently had the charisma to get people to put him on TV and Home Alone 2. Musk doesn't even have that, imagine him presenting any TV show.

He has a cameo in Iron Man 2, and a whole-rear end Simpsons episode that sucks his dick. His name was referenced in a new Star Trek episode as a "great inventor".

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

"certainly someone who is still alive is a good person to put into our media for wide consumption.. surely he can't do anything bad within the next 10-15 years or so!"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Apparently dictatorlet Erdogan begged Musik to build a Tesla factory in Turkey, like a dog

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I agree all our media should only have dead people posing as cg puppets

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
Haha, I definitely watched that episode of The Simpsons as we really persevered with it and only stopped watching at the start of the pandemic, but I don't remember it at all. His delivery is awful, definitely as bad as I imagined. Can't even read a script well.

I just remembered now he did an episode of Rick & Morty too, which was just weird.

I didn't know Trump just required people using his properties to film him randomly, lol. I was thinking more of The Apprentice though, which just seemed to go on endlessly with him. The other funny thing about that is the UK version using Sir Alan Sugar, who is pretty much the exact equivalent (only ever made money from real estate, his most famous company Amstrad never made a profit except maybe when he sold it to Sky as they were using it to make shoddy satellite TV receivers), very good casting.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

War Wizard posted:

Musk is terrified of AI creating pusher bots.

musk and other Bros are terrified of AI because they know its way easier to get a bot to replace computer toucher desk jockey jobs than it is to make barbage men, or many other physical "dirty" jobs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Armitage_Shanks posted:

Ayoade burned his rep just a couple days ago going to bat for Graham Lineham by writing a blurb for his book. Been a few people since saying his cranky upset person schtick in Travel Man is his actual personality but not any full on creep accusations.

He's dead to me now.

loving British celebs: rapists, paedophiles or TERFs. Pick any three.

Edit: sorry, to correct myself

Rapists, paedophiles, TERFs, racists or necrophiliacs. Pick any four. Sometimes five.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 18, 2023

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Strong Sauce posted:

"certainly someone who is still alive is a good person to put into our media for wide consumption.. surely he can't do anything bad within the next 10-15 years or so!"

I think a lot about the achewood where in fake german it says "in thuringan they have a saying, do not make monuments to the living, for they can still disgrace the stone." The actual german was about dogs having sex in the road or some nonsense and it appears to be a fake saying that nobody is attributed to having coined, but I think about it a lot.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Charles Ford posted:

Trump is definitely the smarter of the two. I assume he's smarter than Grimes as well, but that's mostly based on the boat story.

Trump had a rule about getting cameos if people shot on his properties.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Krinkle posted:

I think a lot about the achewood where in fake german it says "in thuringan they have a saying, do not make monuments to the living, for they can still disgrace the stone." The actual german was about dogs having sex in the road or some nonsense and it appears to be a fake saying that nobody is attributed to having coined, but I think about it a lot.

"Dogs don't like fruit, they like loving and sleeping".

Makes you :thunk:.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Heiling Hitler, but in a mercurial way.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

You'll have to excuse me, I was having difficulty finding inclusive-enough language to cover everyone including the biographer.

It's uncomfortably adulatory, the writing voice isn't objective enough; like it's just Elon piping his best recollections through ChatGPT. I swear I saw this marketed in the run-up to its release as an autobiography?!

Does he just bot his account...?

Mechanical Turking his own account :lmao:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Escape From Noise posted:

Heiling Hitler, but in a mercurial way.

There's trace amounts of mercury in bullets right? Especially bullets from the 1940s. So if you think about that way, Hitler also heiled himself in a mercurial way... straight into the ceiling of der furherbunker :v:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Neeksy posted:

He has a cameo in Iron Man 2, and a whole-rear end Simpsons episode that sucks his dick. His name was referenced in a new Star Trek episode as a "great inventor".

I think Mass Effect Andromeda also had a SpaceX rocket as part of a "pioneers of space travel" display.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Sandweed posted:

I think Mass Effect Andromeda also had a SpaceX rocket as part of a "pioneers of space travel" display.

Was it part of a "whalers on the moon" historical tour

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Hmmm, this Hitler guy seems to do a lot of Nazi stuff, but on the other hand he is a vegetarian. Vegetarianism goes in the left column in my never fully formed stump of a brain stem. I guess it's impossible to say what his politics are.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wonder how full nazi you need to go before your cameos start getting edited out of movies and shows

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Hmmm, this Hitler guy seems to do a lot of Nazi stuff, but on the other hand he is a vegetarian. Vegetarianism goes in the left column in my never fully formed stump of a brain stem. I guess it's impossible to say what his politics are.

Don't forget his famous love of dogs.
Nobody who loves dogs could b e an evil man.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

EA gave me andromeda for free and i still didn't play it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I wonder how full nazi you need to go before your cameos start getting edited out of movies and shows

Quite a way tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-66830495

lol at stealing a logo to preemptively claim your company is the goat

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1703333337199468952?t=cQXeWLeWdXVRNg3ABFvA7A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
Civil liberties advocates concerned with not being able to be hateful, disgusting fucks.

Pretty much always how it is.