Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
gently caress yeah, missed you Drunk On Air Alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Froghammer posted:

gently caress yeah, missed you Drunk On Air Alex

:yeah:

I love when Alex forgets he's not supposed to read articles, and cold-reads something that disproves his claim. :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Squatch Ambassador posted:

:yeah:

I love when Alex forgets he's not supposed to read articles, and cold-reads something that disproves his claim. :allears:

and it just goes on from there!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Just an observation that Knowledge Fight is really fortunate that they for the most part haven't had to deal with Alex's fans finding the podcast and being all lovely. The On Brand podcast is apparently getting some push back from Russell's audience. Probably because they post the episodes on Youtube as well.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Alex's audience most likely listens to him on the radio if that answers your question.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Yeah most of Alex's actual audience is still listening through traditional media.

However 95% of his audience is indirect and only interacts with him through cleverly edited youtube videos and memes that make him look less unhinged

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Erica seems like a cool hang

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I checked and the prior episode where they discuss Larry Sinclair is the tail end of #122, which was a live episode. Not really a deep dive, especially not compared to this episode—they spend about ten minutes detailing his claims and laughing about how they're stupid. If you're thinking about going back and listening to refresh your memory, my verdict as someone who just did that is don't bother. The primary highlights of episode 122 were actually diamond gusset jeans and Ed Asner's uninterrupted pro-union rant.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Everett False posted:

I checked and the prior episode where they discuss Larry Sinclair is the tail end of #122, which was a live episode. Not really a deep dive, especially not compared to this episode—they spend about ten minutes detailing his claims and laughing about how they're stupid. If you're thinking about going back and listening to refresh your memory, my verdict as someone who just did that is don't bother. The primary highlights of episode 122 were actually diamond gusset jeans and Ed Asner's uninterrupted pro-union rant.

Counter-point : I loving love the Diamond Gusset Jeans ads. Especially because they don’t have any apparent diamonds or gussets on any of them.

I’m beginning to think no one there knows what a gusset is.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lovely, random size jeans is my favorite little side scam they ever uncovered.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’m too lazy to post a pic, but google “Chuck Norris Action Jeans”.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Counter-point : I loving love the Diamond Gusset Jeans ads. Especially because they don’t have any apparent diamonds or gussets on any of them.

I’m beginning to think no one there knows what a gusset is.

They claim to be gussetted. And I guess it's diamond shaped? From their website

https://gusset.com/pages/the-gusset-difference

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
That sideways gussy

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Well I’ll be.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yeah I didn't know what one was and then I saw that pic and knew it had to be here, in a museum. The action jeans are loving sweet too.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I guess I just assumed since it was in the name that they’d have big, superfluous gussets covered in fake diamonds.

But I shouldn’t hold them to a standard they never set out to achieve. I’m sorry, Diamond Gusset Jeans Co.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I enjoy listening to Tucker suffer the ignominy of being cast out in to the wilderness, forsaken by the machine he thought he was in control of.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

bird food bathtub posted:

I enjoy listening to Tucker suffer the ignominy of being cast out in to the wilderness, forsaken by the machine he thought he was in control of.

Yeah, there's a bit of joy of seeing a man who was once able to make Ted Cruz appear on his show just to embarrass him less than a couple of years ago just disappear from mainstream attention. Hell, way things are going Alex might be more relevant than Tucker in a year or so

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I was reading through some summaries of academic literature on cults and other high-demand groups. A thing I found interesting was that what we call "charisma" within that context is not actually an attribute of personality, but a product of networks of people. I think this applies in Carlson's case, where the moment he was cut loose from the political network that supported him, all of apparent star power also vanished, even if his actual act barely changed at all.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Morroque posted:

I was reading through some summaries of academic literature on cults and other high-demand groups. A thing I found interesting was that what we call "charisma" within that context is not actually an attribute of personality, but a product of networks of people. I think this applies in Carlson's case, where the moment he was cut loose from the political network that supported him, all of apparent star power also vanished, even if his actual act barely changed at all.

Yeah, his success was that he was put in the prime timeslot for right wing propaganda more then anything else.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It just boggles my mind that the bowtie guy who was massively offputting and never really did anything great was the face of white supremacy for a little while

And then he was too obvious about it and got the boot

Lol/lmao

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
We're kinda trained to view charisma as a superpower that some people just have but it really comes down to selling what people are looking to buy. For Tucker (And Fox News in general) it's the idea that you're the normalest person in a room and everyone else went crazy. For Alex Jones it's the idea that you're the only one who knows how to protect yourself from What's Coming. The fact that they both offer the same solution (Vote Republican) to wildly different ideas is something you're not supposed to notice.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rotinaj posted:

It just boggles my mind that the bowtie guy who was massively offputting and never really did anything great was the face of white supremacy for a little while

And then he was too obvious about it and got the boot

Lol/lmao

Well, he didn't get the boot for being too Nazi. He got the boot for loving with the money. Fox doesn't care how Nazi you are but they do care if you gently caress with the money.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Well, he didn't get the boot for being too Nazi. He got the boot for loving with the money. Fox doesn't care how Nazi you are but they do care if you gently caress with the money.

He hosed with the money by being too openly nazi, imo

They don’t care until it bites them for being too obvious about it

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Wasn't Tucker's firing one of the conditions of Fox's Dominion settlement? That's not loving with the money, that's Dominion taking him out because they can.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

rotinaj posted:

He hosed with the money by being too openly nazi, imo

His racism had nothing to do with Fox getting sued for lying about voting machines.

Froghammer posted:

Wasn't Tucker's firing one of the conditions of Fox's Dominion settlement? That's not loving with the money, that's Dominion taking him out because they can.

Far as I know it was not one of the conditions. But even if it was, Tucker lying was a large part of why the lawsuit happened.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

His racism had nothing to do with Fox getting sued for lying about voting machines.

I personally think that tucky getting the boot wasn’t solely due to that, but also due to the work of sleeping giants in defunding his show through advertisers

I think the voting machines was the final straw, but tuck had used up all of his extra credit with the higher ups having advertisers flee

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I hope it helped. I don't think he would've gotten fired without the lawsuit though. But, that's a counterfactual we'll never know.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Totally, i just think it all helped. When the pile of reasons to fire the dude got too big to outweigh the money he was bringing in, they finally dropped the axe and moved on to Watters. This thought helps me stay hopeful that consequences happen to people.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I seem to remember the phone leaks being an issue, too, which may have been part of the dominion discovery. He was just openly admitting to lying about the machines and covid.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

God I hope no one asks me about the pin on my instrument case, because the explanation just keeps getting longer and weirder.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have this sticker on my school notebook and a multiple students have asked about it.

https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/7865500-john-brown-caution-is-cowardice

I also have the following stickers that have been noticed (all from behind the bastards):

- Nachos Not Nazis
- Doritos Not Dictators
- Always Rob Insured Banks
- (dead Santa in a river) Now the children will respect you

Personal items are fun sometimes to explain.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

It's nice that we got closure on the Sqatch Saga.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Kerry gets the letter about Berg's COVID death. If she mentions it I won't hear about it unless KF brings it up.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015
The Squatch dudes interview was very enjoyable. Hearing about Kerry self correcting the race vs. species statements was interesting.

My brother has been working on his dissertation related to race/species diversity in fantasy settings and how that normalize racism. It obviously isn’t a new topic, but it was cool to see their interaction with that concept within a sci-fi setting.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Totally, i just think it all helped. When the pile of reasons to fire the dude got too big to outweigh the money he was bringing in, they finally dropped the axe and moved on to Watters. This thought helps me stay hopeful that consequences happen to people.

There was a big story I forget where about Tucker's firing. Basically Murdoch liked him but didn't like the heat he brought and how he thought he was bigger than the network. His firing was used as a way to get the Dominon settlement under a billion because Mirdoch thought that number would be embarrassing. Tucker also pissed off a bunch of people at Fox including their PR murder ghoul who he called the C word but tried to say it was about someone else lol.

It's rich ppl poo poo and jealousy and low feelings. Same poo poo. Like Vince McMahon firing a popular wrestler. In his mind, he could always make more.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1708859836610290106?t=HGojbinwmv2wFvaYkTeDhA&s=19

The Gummi-Worm Signal has been thrown

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Oh god. I wish them the very best of luck, but I'm guessing going up against a billionaire's legal team is going to be a different ballgame than going up against the incompetent bottom-feeders who half-heartedly represented Alex.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That depends on how trumpian the billionaire in question is, I'd wager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I wondered why Bankston got the idea to start posting so much on an unsafe platform during what is clearly its dying gasps. That he was preparing to serve notice to its new owner in a way more difficult to ignore makes more sense.