Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sorry, not sorry, not going to care about Geralt because I grew up with an alcoholic, psychologically abusive father in constant state of distress, anxiety and worry about the future.

Hearing the key in the door every evening was my own "Geralt sucks" for almost 20 years.

lol did this already become a meme format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Geralt Ford.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Geralt Ford.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sorry, not sorry, not going to care about Geralt because I grew up with an alcoholic, psychologically abusive father in constant state of distress, anxiety and worry about the future.

Hearing the key in the door every evening was my own "Geralt sucks" for almost 20 years.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Geralt of Riven, the sequel to Myst

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

genericnick posted:

Canon explanation of why witchers are popular is that their balls don't work

also they are immune to stds

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i just finished Tyranny , a follow-up that no one noticed to Pillar of Eternity only 8 years after release. it's got a really cool world (political power struggle in the bronze age) in the standard isometric CRPG vein. you can be the standard sword and shield guy, wizard, bow guy etc, but your political position is essentially a law clerk/judge/court official that's there to oversee the warlords conquering the last holdouts of the world on behalf of the ultimate evil overseer.

the magic system owns, you get to assemble different sigils into cool spells. i'm not the biggest fan of RTwP tho, so i got bored of it towards the end. the low budget shows itself it in how limited some of the content is (some of the maps are feel like they're meant to be a lot bigger) and some of the character/exposition is a bit clunky. but it's worth playing if you're into the CRPG genre for it's cool setting, story and non-d&d rpg system. it's not too long, which is kind of a plus for me with RTwP games.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Geralt of Riven, the sequel to Myst

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1703750383430934788

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gamepass is already integrated into geforce now

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

Geralt owns sorry haters

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lib and let die posted:

gamepass is already integrated into geforce now

yeah I was about to post this - Microsoft has take steps to allow (some, not (yet) all) of their PC Game Pass titles to be playable through GFN, including most recently Starfield, so this sort of news is interesting:

- are they still trying to develop a cloud solution of their own, and GFN is merely a temporary partnership?
- if MS still does want to do their own cloud service, are they going to withdraw the link to GFN once that's available?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Console wars, console wars never change.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gamerear end

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I will wage the console war eternal until EA starts putting the NHL games on PC. I want to live out the ultimate impossible gaming fantasy (Canucks winning the Cup) but can't afford a console

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bedpan posted:

gamerear end

Loading up my gamerear end with the hottest new releases.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

bedpan posted:

gamerear end

that's gamesass

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the steam deck in docked mode is a nice lil console

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah I was about to post this - Microsoft has take steps to allow (some, not (yet) all) of their PC Game Pass titles to be playable through GFN, including most recently Starfield, so this sort of news is interesting:

- are they still trying to develop a cloud solution of their own, and GFN is merely a temporary partnership?
- if MS still does want to do their own cloud service, are they going to withdraw the link to GFN once that's available?

It doesn't feel like it'd make sense to pull them - they've only been in the gfn library for like 2 weeks, but software companies are full of recklessly psychotic retards so :shrug:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
hardware is also going to be an interesting question: Stadia was running on fairly old hardware by the time it shut down, and even GFN struggles to play Starfield, when part of the raison d'etre of cloud gaming for the consumer is to be able to run games at high quality no matter what

it's relatively easy for NVidia to throw hefty data centers at GFN - it's their GPUs, they're supposed to be there! but I don't know if Microsoft is going to invest what it takes

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Just finished a starfield quest where I joined a gang to fight a gang war against another slightly more brutal gang.

The resolution was after killing the other gang the space cops showed up and said that violence outside of their monopoly of force was not tolerated but our gang activity made us good candidates to sign on with the cops. All the members of the gang said 'wow that's great, I never thought I'd have a chance to get a good job and be an upstanding citizen' and thanked me for my help. There were no decisions involved at the end of the quest except to say 'you cops seem corrupt' to which they were just like 'well that's just life'. This was clearly meant to be the good quest outcome.

I love starfield it's actually a great game

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

The last three play sessions have left me fatigued and exhausted way earlier than most other games. I'm starting to figure out why.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you could tell microsoft really, really wanted to have something that would at least eclipse sony's cachet of really expensive linear experiences (even if sony's getting desperate enough to confiscate the final fantasy series now)

i mean, it will, but not entirely for the reasons they intended.

also it really is a better game than totk by far, even if the quest complexity isn't quite at imsim levels simply because there's so many of them (though there are at least a couple obvious places where someone high up (probably from one of the soy non-xbox divisions at microsoft) demanded changes to certain quests, like the colony ship quest)

also the implications of the main quest are just a gigantic troll to the player character, even though to most players it's just "whee! more gameplay!" literally being drafted into the interdimensional skeleton war for an ending owns hard. that story cleaned up the extremely loving bad taste i had since finishing totk rather nicely. thank you bethesda for making a game 75% as good as morrowind.

hoping for quake 5 to be good in ways different from doom 4/eternal (though the music won't be quite as good, gently caress you marty stratton)

It really is one of Bethesda's better games lately. But it's scope is all over the place and desperately NEEDS to be modded for a more complete experience rather than just requires it for a smoother experience. It's just that what you experienced in earlier Bethesda games mostly boiled down to a bland but complete thing versus what we got here. Like if modders clean up some of the UI issues, adds more things for you to do (even if it is just unvoiced radiant quests), makes stuff like stunning part of the game's dynamic in terms of bounty-hunting etc. Hell, give us a set of missions where we have to capture enemy ships more or less intact, and stun/capture the crew for questioning rather than just the straight up murder we have now.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

last Starfield session I whined at Sam's dad to give us the macguffin and he just did lol. it was in a room right behind him. absolutely frictionless plot.

then I found a planet that is Cyberpunk 2077 and I think I just became a Sony fixer. more of the game should just be Cyberpunk imo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Just finished a starfield quest where I joined a gang to fight a gang war against another slightly more brutal gang.

The resolution was after killing the other gang the space cops showed up and said that violence outside of their monopoly of force was not tolerated but our gang activity made us good candidates to sign on with the cops. All the members of the gang said 'wow that's great, I never thought I'd have a chance to get a good job and be an upstanding citizen' and thanked me for my help. There were no decisions involved at the end of the quest except to say 'you cops seem corrupt' to which they were just like 'well that's just life'. This was clearly meant to be the good quest outcome.

I was loving that quest line, it was fun all the way from "you want to be in our gang? OK I guess" to "go murder a bunch of people in the Neon streets" and then blam that ending pops up, complete whiplash and insanely funny.

it's actually very good because the police are nothing but a gang themselves and maintain their presence by absorbing other gangs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Instead of playing any of the many good or great games I love that I own, I'm now playing Borderlands 2 again.

I don't know why.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Instead of playing any of the many good or great games I love that I own, I'm now playing Borderlands 2 again.

I don't know why.

please have more self-respect, no gamer ever has to play borderlands

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

crepeface posted:

i just finished Tyranny , a follow-up that no one noticed to Pillar of Eternity only 8 years after release. it's got a really cool world (political power struggle in the bronze age) in the standard isometric CRPG vein. you can be the standard sword and shield guy, wizard, bow guy etc, but your political position is essentially a law clerk/judge/court official that's there to oversee the warlords conquering the last holdouts of the world on behalf of the ultimate evil overseer.

the magic system owns, you get to assemble different sigils into cool spells. i'm not the biggest fan of RTwP tho, so i got bored of it towards the end. the low budget shows itself it in how limited some of the content is (some of the maps are feel like they're meant to be a lot bigger) and some of the character/exposition is a bit clunky. but it's worth playing if you're into the CRPG genre for it's cool setting, story and non-d&d rpg system. it's not too long, which is kind of a plus for me with RTwP games.

tyranny is great and is all time undefeated for best character creation menu

also the best game for playing a punch wizard

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Tyranny is great because Verse is basically proto Karlach

I migth have a type, huh

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tyranny is great because you can burn down the library of Alexandria and come back to the smoldering ruins to swirly the nerds again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The guy who made Caves of Qud saw the unity news and immediately ported his game out of Unity. It reads like button presser kung fu. Click for thread it goes on for a while.

https://twitter.com/unormal/status/1703163364229161236?t=D6wyLOuQhSq8_fukuYXYqg&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1703763496721092995

Considering how many games are still getting dual generation releases I would say this is pretty good

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Winning hearts and minds https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1703714817830211845

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

he did insider trading and he's never gonna get in trouble for it lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

my bony fealty posted:

I was loving that quest line, it was fun all the way from "you want to be in our gang? OK I guess" to "go murder a bunch of people in the Neon streets" and then blam that ending pops up, complete whiplash and insanely funny.

it's actually very good because the police are nothing but a gang themselves and maintain their presence by absorbing other gangs.
yeah it ruled lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

The guy who made Caves of Qud saw the unity news and immediately ported his game out of Unity. It reads like button presser kung fu. Click for thread it goes on for a while.

https://twitter.com/unormal/status/1703163364229161236?t=D6wyLOuQhSq8_fukuYXYqg&s=19

This rules

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

finally someone strikes a blow against the sick kids lobby.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

so i got curious and opened the finn's swf file (why the gently caress is this used for UI poo poo).

flash became scaleform, we will never be free of cursed swf files

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he did insider trading and he's never gonna get in trouble for it lol

Going to any higher circuit for insider trading would result in the judges, defendant and attorneys high fiving each other about how awesome insider trading is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PostNouveau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyIfIA4wQMc&t=51s

Here you can watch them all. They are ... eh

this isnt a rap battle this is just insult swordfighting