Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Zach Wilson has a very clear and concise outlook on being a quarter back in the national football league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Burrow and Chase trying to take me to 0-2. Luckily I still have a shot. But man I really should have started Kyren over Josh Kelley goddamn

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Saquon has killed one of my leagues. Thankfully I have three more.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Tied with the #2 in my league (87 to 86.82), it's my Tyreek Hill and Rhamondre Stevenson vs their Deshaun Watson.

Pretty sure one of them gets injured. It's my karma at this point.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Never mind Daniel Jones is good again. This is going to be a stressful year

Prob gonna lose because I benched Brian Robinson for Zay Jones in my flex, that’s like a 30 point swing

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm really looking to trade up my Daniel Jones (I have Jalen Hurts starting) for a great RB. I'm looking at doing something for Bijan, because that guy has Anthony Richardson, but also Geno Smith on reserve. The other guy has Christian McCaffrey, with Joe Burrow starting, and no secondary QB. I almost feel like I have a better shot at McCaffrey, but there is no way that happens, right?

I can offer Tyler Allgeier, but i'd rather offer Zach Charbonnet, as a little icing on the cake if I have too. I really just want a good RB. I have too many good WRs to ever want to lose any of them or go for more. The 1st guy I mentioned is like #3 in my league and the second guy is #4, but they have questionable QBs and Daniel Jones is Daniel Jones.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ShowTime posted:

I'm really looking to trade up my Daniel Jones (I have Jalen Hurts starting) for a great RB. I'm looking at doing something for Bijan, because that guy has Anthony Richardson, but also Geno Smith on reserve. The other guy has Christian McCaffrey, with Joe Burrow starting, and no secondary QB. I almost feel like I have a better shot at McCaffrey, but there is no way that happens, right?

I can offer Tyler Allgeier, but i'd rather offer Zach Charbonnet, as a little icing on the cake if I have too. I really just want a good RB. I have too many good WRs to ever want to lose any of them or go for more. The 1st guy I mentioned is like #3 in my league and the second guy is #4, but they have questionable QBs and Daniel Jones is Daniel Jones.

No one is ever going to trade CMC for Jones even packaged with another great RB. If you’re stacked with WRs I would look there for a package deal for a RB.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

No one is ever going to trade CMC for Jones even packaged with another great RB. If you’re stacked with WRs I would look there for a package deal for a RB.

I don't wanna get rid of Tyreek Hill, I don't wanna get rid of CeeDee Lamb, I don't wanna drop Aiyuk, Amari Cooper or Drake London. I always wanna run 1 of them on flex. But my RBs are Rhamondre Stevenson, Tyler Allgeier, Alexander Mattison and and Zach Charbonnet. I could lose Zach or Allgeier, i'd think, because I only wanna get a RB and i'm targeting teams with a weak QB position because I have a strong secondary QB I can afford to lose on a week where he showed out.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
You should definitely be trying to improve at RB but offering your backup QB for guys that were top 10 picks is laughably bad and will get immediately rejected with no counter offer. You're insanely overvaluing Daniel Jones.

You're likely not getting Bijan or CMC period, but you're certainly not doing it without giving up one of Hill or Lamb. Aim a lot lower if you're only willing to trade Jones/Charbonnet or be prepared to actually give up something of value.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I too wish to get CMC without giving up my good players but it’s not going to happen unless this is everyone’s first time playing fantasy. I mean, shoot your shot, sometimes people report getting away with highway robbery in this thread. But nobody is going to give up one of the best couple players in fantasy for Daniel “might score 30, might score -2” Jones. You’re going to need to offer a Hill type player to pull that off.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea, I agree. Which is why I expected at least a 2for1. And i'm not overvaluing Daniel Jones, there is a reason I ran Jalen Hurts over him, even expecting Daniel Jones to score more. But he had a good week and 2 of the players in my league lost their starting QBs. So I wanted to capitalize on that when a QB people expected to perform and did. I'm still gonna try and shoot my shot and try and trade up. I guess wish me luck.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea, I agree. Which is why I expected at least a 2for1. And i'm not overvaluing Daniel Jones, there is a reason I ran Jalen Hurts over him, even expecting Daniel Jones to score more. But he had a good week and 2 of the players in my league lost their starting QBs. So I wanted to capitalize on that when a QB people expected to perform and did. I'm still gonna try and shoot my shot and try and trade up. I guess wish me luck.

Good luck, but yes, you're absolutely overvaluing Daniel Jones unless this is a superflex league.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Burrow and Chase trying to take me to 0-2. Luckily I still have a shot. But man I really should have started Kyren over Josh Kelley goddamn

They are playing the Rams next week, so hopefully bounce back, I got saved last week by them starting Saquon and Christian Kirk. And looks like I'll be saved this week by them starting Aaron Jones and AJB while I had Devonta, unless their Tyreek scores another 40 spot.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Just so I'm understanding this correctly: You want to move Daniel Jones and Zach Charbonnet for Bijan/CMC to owners that have Anthony Richardson + Geno Smith + Bijan and Joe Burrow + CMC.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Docjowles posted:

I too wish to get CMC without giving up my good players but it’s not going to happen unless this is everyone’s first time playing fantasy. I mean, shoot your shot, sometimes people report getting away with highway robbery in this thread. But nobody is going to give up one of the best couple players in fantasy for Daniel “might score 30, might score -2” Jones. You’re going to need to offer a Hill type player to pull that off.

Like those 90's NFL games, just keep adding players until value match, then click trade.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

ShowTime posted:

Please post the rejection response you get.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Between this and the Zach Wilson love I feel like I'm missing a joke, but to provide real constructive feedback:

I generally believe that where a player was drafted is immediately meaningless once the season starts, but Showtime, go look at the draft results for your league and look at where all of the players mentioned were drafted. That should give you an idea of how other people are going to value those players. Daniel Jones and a backup rookie RB for a top 5 RB is honestly maybe the worst trade offer I've ever heard. It's insultingly bad. Again, I'm assuming this is a 1QB league. If it's superflex then that changes things.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gearman posted:

Just so I'm understanding this correctly: You want to move Daniel Jones and Zach Charbonnet for Bijan/CMC to owners that have Anthony Richardson + Geno Smith + Bijan and Joe Burrow + CMC.

Yea, kind of. And I don't mind you all making GBS threads on me. This is my first league and i'm trying to get the hang of it. I'd also add that I have Jalent Hurts and Zach Charbonnet is 4th on my depth chart, in which i'm trading for a RB. I'm pretty confident I make it to the playoffs and want to capitalize on that.

To flip it: What would you do with Daniel Jones when you don't really need him (or Zach Charbonnet, who is kind of a value add)? I shouldn't just drop him, right? And he's had a good week, so I should try and get something for him in a week where other QB's are dropping, right? Is that not the play?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

They are playing the Rams next week, so hopefully bounce back, I got saved last week by them starting Saquon and Christian Kirk. And looks like I'll be saved this week by them starting Aaron Jones and AJB while I had Devonta, unless their Tyreek scores another 40 spot.

Burrows calf injury seems worse than believed. Thinking its been an issue for him the first two weeks and keeping him from playing his best. And now he reinjured it. If Richardson clears concussion protocol thinking about throwing him out there. No better way to get someone to blow up then to stick them on your bench

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea, kind of. And I don't mind you all making GBS threads on me. This is my first league and i'm trying to get the hang of it. I'd also add that I have Jalent Hurts and Zach Charbonnet is 4th on my depth chart, in which i'm trading for a RB. I'm pretty confident I make it to the playoffs and want to capitalize on that.

To flip it: What would you do with Daniel Jones when you don't really need him (or Zach Charbonnet, who is kind of a value add)? I shouldn't just drop him, right? And he's had a good week, so I should try and get something for him in a week where other QB's are dropping, right? Is that not the play?

Depending on the QBs available on the waiver wire, shopping him to a QB needy team is definitely a good idea and worth a shot! The problem is you're aiming astronomically and impossibly high. If you want to get elite backs without giving up your WRs then you need to acquire guys that aren't producing now but could later (like Charbonnet!). Someone like Roschon Johnson or something. I wouldn't trade him for Daniel Jones but someone might.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
It seems like this Puka Nacua guy is pretty good!

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Wish I was playing the guy that drafted and is starting Kamara for the second week in a row.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Burrows calf injury seems worse than believed. Thinking its been an issue for him the first two weeks and keeping him from playing his best. And now he reinjured it. If Richardson clears concussion protocol thinking about throwing him out there. No better way to get someone to blow up then to stick them on your bench

Wasn't really tracking the game, just the stat updates.

If Burrows gonna be out or injured playing again, do you think Wilson vs Miami(if I can pick up, I am 8 o 10 on wire), or Smith vs Car would be the better pick up for next week?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Starting Breece Hall against the Cowboys D with Zach Wilson at QB was a Bad Idea

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

ShowTime posted:

You sort of have the right idea. You should be trying to send 2 for 1 trades to the weaker teams/managers, and you kind of have a sell high with Jones after today. But no one is going to trade you their first round pick for him and Charbonnet, who is currently a change of pace/handcuff. If you aim lower, like for a RB2 that's had a lovely start like Mattison, then you might be successful.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

gloom posted:

Hell yeah :respek: of course now that I’ve said this Atlanta will rush for 81 yards total and Drake London will go off for 114 and two TDs.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I gotta stop drafting Cam Akers.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Down 8 points with only my Najee left to play tomorrow, Mike Tomlin let's gooo

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I gotta stop drafting Cam Akers.

Yeah healthy scratch. I had Ekeler out too but Mostert and Hill did a good enough job for me. At least Akers might get traded which I guess could be good. He's probably pretty shot physically but a change of scenery could help.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have no idea what is going on with Akers. They did this same poo poo last year. Made him inactive then said he was on the trade block or possibly like retiring. Then he abruptly came back and was pretty good. Then this year it’s all happening again :confused: Does seem like he needs a change of scenery (if he’s not just cooked)

Wish I had gone harder after Kyren he is looking like a league winner off waivers. I bid 25 or so but several people bid way more

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ShowTime posted:

Aside from all of the other discussion you've provoked, remember it's freakin' week 2. Pretend you're Zach Wilson under the learning tree of Aaron Rodgers. Read the discussions all of the seasoned fantasy managers in this thread are having about certain players and strategies in general, instead of coming in and going "I'm gonna trade a QB2 and an RB flyer for a top 5 overall player" or confidently stating that you're going to make the playoffs in fantasy football before week 2 is even over.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Yeah Charbonnet is a guy you put on your bench and hope he comes on later in the season, especially given he can catch passes too. I have him but he's basically waiver fodder right now if you have a deeper bench.

I used to play a ton of fantasy, like an unhealthy amount, which is why I took a break. I'm doing one league with friends this year and just posted the highest score of the week with my first round pick not playing. I could easily not make the playoffs. Everyone has a story of someone's girlfriend picking players based on names they like and dominating the league. Nothing is certain or really even known right now, except those of us who put in ridiculous bids for Puka are really smart.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 18, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

op did you know that the proverb "when you make a plan, God laughs" was written by the owner of a fantasy team

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Ah! The Bills put up 38 points, excellent! Now to take a big sip of water while I check Diggs' stat line...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

week 1: I dunno about this team
week 2: :smuggo:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Bellmaker posted:

week 1: I dunno about this team
week 2: :smuggo:

My first two weeks were the exact opposite.

Week 1: Playoffs here we come! I have so much depth it’s not even funny.
Week 2: What’s a touchdown?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I'm at the "I wonder what I can get for Travis Kelce" stage of the season.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm thinking it might be time to abandon ship on Justin Fields

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Is this the thread for discussing trades? Guy wants Josh Allen from me, and hopes to send Lamar+. Initial offer included Zay Flowers but I was thinking on countering Lamar+Calvin Ridley. Too much? I don’t really mind sending an insulting counter, I’ve known the guy for years. Too little? The difference between the QBs is feeling smaller than during draft season, but we’re only two weeks in…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Thanks for all the advice in the thread. I'm still gonna try and get something out of Daniel Jones because I already have Jalen Hurts but not great RBs (not bad either) but i'm not gonna try and get a 1st rounder. But if I can try and eek out marginal upgrades here and there, it's gotta be good for my roster. And I only say that about my playoff chances because we have people in our league who have basically already checked out and I've already won against the #2 and #3 rosters. I say that and I'm sure my arrogance will result in me losing this weekend to the guy that still has Cooper Kupp starting and hasn't touched his roster since our draft.