Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like working on commercial buildings because usually no one is around. I don't like working around strangers, it's weird now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZhyeOLdzU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

lol after watching the 4 second video of your cat meowing, youtube recommended me "2 hours of psychedelic background (no sound)"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

i like that we found out wfh made people happier and more productive, decreased traffic, helped us get cleaner air, etc. and that made really rich people angry. i think theres something to learn from all this...

shooting the rich out of a comically giant canon WOULD be fun

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If I have to come in for 2 weeks every month Im going to decorate my office with communist mottos

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I go into the office nearly every day because my commute is 7 min, if I go to the gym before work I'd have to pass the office twice going back home, we have a caf with hella cheap breakfast, it's empty all but two days of the week and my wfh space sucks.

Basically if I move I probably wouldn't come in more then I have to. But being forced into the office is hella stupid.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
boss wanted us in this week for the three of us to be in a conference room for all day discussions. I feel like poo poo so I just told them I probably have the ick. now im watching a webcam pointed at a conference room wall

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

now im watching a webcam pointed at a conference room wall

Lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
less than 40 minutes in and we ran out of poo poo to talk about and stopped the meeting lmao. he scheduled 4 FULL DAYS of this meeting.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
quitting nicotine today

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Im so jealous of people who can wfh it’s unhealthy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Snowy posted:

Im so jealous of people who can wfh it’s unhealthy

this was the ultimate justification for forcing us back in to the office: the guys working in the plant can't do it from home and it's not fair to them to let people who can

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

AARD VARKMAN posted:

this was the ultimate justification for forcing us back in to the office: the guys working in the plant can't do it from home and it's not fair to them to let people who can

my job is impossible to do as a wfh but I have no problem with other people at my organization doing it if they can

that's my two cents

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Luvcow posted:

my job is impossible to do as a wfh but I have no problem with other people at my organization doing it if they can

that's my two cents

Yeah I’m happy for them and wouldn’t wasn’t to make them go back but I want my freedom too, drat these life choices

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Snowy posted:

Yeah I’m happy for them and wouldn’t wasn’t to make them go back but I want my freedom too, drat these life choices

yup

I guit my job at the beginning of summer but have kept working so people could still take their scheduled vacations, do their planned and unplanned medical things, take time for funerals etc.

summer ends this week and it time for me to leave and start something different, something wfh would be nice though

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

On the other hand I usually work with some cool people and I might go crazy without the social interaction. So there’s that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I had a tree fall this weekend and lay on the power line connecting my house to the run of powerlines on the road.

I never lost power, and the cable looked OK, just sagging with the top 1/3rd of the dead tree leaning on it.

I can cut trees - I'm no pro, but I do it often enough. But decades of "NO LINE IS SAFE TO TOUCH, EVER", made me extremely wary to try.

I called the power company, and to my amazement they had two guys out here in about 4 hours and took care of it in 15 minutes.

People up here bitch about the power company but this is the 3rd or 4th pretty amazing experience I've had with them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hollismason posted:

Is this the space I can complain about being g in the office doi g the exact same poo poo I was doing at home.

I get so much less poo poo done in the office it's unreal

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

I had a tree fall this weekend and lay on the power line connecting my house to the run of powerlines on the road.

I never lost power, and the cable looked OK, just sagging with the top 1/3rd of the dead tree leaning on it.

I can cut trees - I'm no pro, but I do it often enough. But decades of "NO LINE IS SAFE TO TOUCH, EVER", made me extremely wary to try.

I called the power company, and to my amazement they had two guys out here in about 4 hours and took care of it in 15 minutes.

People up here bitch about the power company but this is the 3rd or 4th pretty amazing experience I've had with them.

holy poo poo, PSAs actually work

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gonna have Vietnamese for lunch

Mmm banh mi so good! Yum yum! Oooo spicy!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm gonna have some bland garbage from the office cafe since I had no leftovers to bring for lunch

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i don't know what im gonna have, im all out of chicken legs and pork chops

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
UPDATE ate a bowl of cottage cheese with blackened seasoning because I couldn't find my pepper grinder (????)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im making chicken fingers again tonight gonna marinate the chicken in buttermilk and franks it was hella good yesterday

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

im making chicken fingers again tonight gonna marinate the chicken in buttermilk and franks it was hella good yesterday

sounds good op, got a deep fryer or just use a pan?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

My student loan payments came through and they're $60 less than I was paying before the pandemic and I'm making a lot more :dafuq:

Thx 🅱️!

I mean I'm not complaining because I was resigning myself to pay like $400/mo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Peggy Edson posted:

sounds good op, got a deep fryer or just use a pan?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Uno Sarcagian Garibaldian

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Thoughts?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:whitewater:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

may taste ok but probably will have funny aftertaste due to preservatives and bland recipe, most likely leaves you feeling crappy and underwhelmed but if you're really hungry and desperate just eat it and live another day

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Eat the nacho cheese lasagna

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they just opened a popeyes chicken in scotland. is that place any good?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's pronounced pope yes, DUMBASS!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There’s really not enough traditional Mexican pasta dishes out there. I say go for it op.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

It can be spicy and flavorful and quite delicious, so if you're Scottish the answer is no

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

yeah

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It can be spicy and flavorful and quite delicious, so if you're Scottish the answer is no

i will stick to my porridge then

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I love Mondays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
just imagining the angry scotts fighting each other in the line at Popeyes because they ran out of chicken sandwiches, the sounds of bagpipes playing as the camera pulls away