Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
does the brand of the new juice matter at all,.I apparently have a choice in the matter this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Death Panel Czar posted:

does the brand of the new juice matter at all,.I apparently have a choice in the matter this time

not really, no, moderna and pfizer have had similar profiles the whole time. Moderna shot is slightly larger in volume? so some people are like "GIMME DEM BIG LOADS" but otherwise it does not matter

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Death Panel Czar posted:

Less than it used to. Moderna still has slightly higher active ingredient, some studies have shown that mix and matching brands helps broaden spectrum immunity because of the slightly different areas each targets, Novavax (whose new booster isn't approved yet, they get a FDA hearing on the 22nd but if they get the green light it should go quick as the CDC already kind of pre-approved in that 'mom said ask dad, if dad says its okay with him its okay with her'' way) has shown in some studies to offer broader protection against variants because of the areas of the virus it targets being more conserved than that of the spike protein which mutates like a sonofabitch but whether that still stands with everyone having been infected at least once already who knows.

Oracle has issued a correction as of 16:00 on Sep 18, 2023

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mrbotus posted:

I'm a heavy duty vehicle technician and I wear milwaukee n95svwith the rubber gasket.

These are great, my husband plays basketball in them.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Trip to New Zealand a success.
Masked in the airport and on the flight and then juiced up with Flo Travel anytime we were near strangers which was infrequent.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
maybe by end of week I can schedule a kid shot. hopefully the vax logistics plan has that in mind.(lol what plan)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I hope my MIL has as much luck as y'all uninfected travelers. She just wore V-Flexes when flying to and from Texas to visit family.

Of course whether she picked something up from my nephews in daycare is an entirely different matter

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm taking some grad classes right now because my work pays for it and I figure a Data Analytics degree might help me be able to transition to full time remote work in the long term. And if it doesn't then I'm not paying for it anyway. The classes are all online and right now we're working on a group paper. Of my group of four we have one guy who had a wedding a month ago and got COVID badly enough that he has now dropped the class because he wasn't able to even sign in to watch recorded lectures. A second person who just got COVID last week but had an actual mild case and is now back online to help finish things up, and a third person who has now gone totally MIA after being active and responsive up until a few days ago (and this is grad school so people are generally really good about meeting their commitments and communicating). Even not in person classes are all hosed up right now.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pingui posted:

The updated Novavax has not been approved yet, there is an FDA (potential approval) meeting the 22nd.

Even previously, like months ago the site would show Novavax at local pharmacies but they were never an option once registering

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1703795596883079315

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i guess if the doctor gives a healthy young man covid (many such cases!) it's sorta like a 140th trimester abortion right

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Abraham Lincoln, tragically after-birth aborted by the coward John Wilkes Booth

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

jisforjosh posted:

Even previously, like months ago the site would show Novavax at local pharmacies but they were never an option once registering

lol yeah, it's a great system, that works very well. But nevertheless, the Nu Novavax won't be available anywhere until approval.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

fosborb posted:

clearly vaccination rates will increase 40% this year :hmmyes:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

I'm taking some grad classes right now because my work pays for it and I figure a Data Analytics degree might help me be able to transition to full time remote work in the long term. And if it doesn't then I'm not paying for it anyway. The classes are all online and right now we're working on a group paper. Of my group of four we have one guy who had a wedding a month ago and got COVID badly enough that he has now dropped the class because he wasn't able to even sign in to watch recorded lectures. A second person who just got COVID last week but had an actual mild case and is now back online to help finish things up, and a third person who has now gone totally MIA after being active and responsive up until a few days ago (and this is grad school so people are generally really good about meeting their commitments and communicating). Even not in person classes are all hosed up right now.
Ugh.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just saw Eric Feigl-Ding posting that Kaiser insurance (at least in the midwest/northest??) is denying insurance payouts for the current covid shot at non-Kaiser facilities but doesn't actually have any in stock themselves yet. Guess I'll see what happens at the pharmacy tomorrow here in the PNW. I'll pay out of pocket if I'm allowed and then yell at Kaiser for months to get reimbursed, if the pharmacy will even allow me to.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
CVS cancelled my appointment for today "due to unforeseen circumstances" and didn't have any new ones available until Saturday. Got one for Wednesday at Walgreens. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled too.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

My whole family is sick with something because the kids returned to school, but so far our tests are negative. We're also enrolled in a research study that gives us a free PCR test each week while also testing for flu and RSV, and they're negative too, so we're hopeful that this isn't COVID that hit us. Still, we're going to have to wait to get boosters until we're feeling better, and it feels like everyone I know is getting hit right now. Just gonna have to keep our fingers crossed and pray that we can continue dodging the miasma of death at least until we get that sweet, sweet booster

:owned::owned::owned:
11yo tested positive, her second round of covid. she made it like a week into middle school. wonderful. simply phenomenal.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lol wife and I also positive :rip:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
oh wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord?

vegas is never worth visiting

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lmao everybody is sick, my daughter's throat, stomach and head hurt, and she can barely talk. my good friend's son is sick. co-workers are sick. everything owns.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

3.5 years.........my perfect streak..........gone.......... :negative:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm so god drat afriad of how getting my first case of covid would affect my tinnitus, I bet it's going to be absolutely miserable

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
There’s no way I make it through the next few weeks without getting got.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

U-DO Burger posted:

Louisgod posted:

lmao everybody is sick, my daughter's throat, stomach and head hurt, and she can barely talk. my good friend's son is sick. co-workers are sick. everything owns.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. This poo poo sucks and is so unfair.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone in the denver area managed to get a shot (not a shot-appointment)? Thinking of going and standing in line wherever has it, since I have a work trip exactly two weeks out today, and my walgreens appointment for tomorrow was cancelled. CVS has appointments for friday, which is two weeks from when I get BACK from my work trip.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

This was a Yellow Peril thing where Chinese doctors would allegedly terminate the baby right after it crowned if it was in violation of the one child limit. Maybe Trump got it from Tom Clancy

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

redreader posted:

Anyone in the denver area managed to get a shot (not a shot-appointment)? Thinking of going and standing in line wherever has it, since I have a work trip exactly two weeks out today, and my walgreens appointment for tomorrow was cancelled. CVS has appointments for friday, which is two weeks from when I get BACK from my work trip.

One of my friends got hers this morning successfully from a Walgreens. Not 100% sure which location, but it was probably in the Arvada/Wheat Ridge area (edit: 66th/Wadsworth)

Teenage Riot has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Sep 18, 2023

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

U-DO Burger posted:

Uhh, you are supposed to announce it is mild and thank the vaccines.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Thoguh posted:

There’s no way I make it through the next few weeks without getting got.

trust your respirator!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

based on this page of the thread, the percent of americans currently infected with the novel coronavirus is significantly above 100%

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Soap Scum posted:

based on this page of the thread, the percent of americans currently infected with the novel coronavirus is significantly above 100%

I mean there's probably a fair amount of people infected with 2 or more strains at the moment :v:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Louisgod posted:

literally how one of my wife's teammates just got covid. Was worth it for a "normal vacation" she said

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Soap Scum posted:

wouldn't be surprised if it's at least 1/3 parents of school-age children over the next month or so.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

I mean there's probably a fair amount of people infected with 2 or more strains at the moment :v:

oh yes, this was included in my calculations. here's my spreadsheet

let me know if you see anything that needs adjustments

Soap Scum has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Sep 18, 2023

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Louisgod posted:

at this point, I'm just impressed with people willing to be honest about the brain stuff. that email would have taken me 20 minutes to write when I was deep in it

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

team lead has been working with a "may be slow to respond" slack status for the last few days

i checked in on them, and they're too sick to be working really but do not have any PTO days left due to being sick throughout the first half of the year

:911:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

literally how one of my wife's teammates just got covid. Was worth it for a "normal vacation" she said

vegas shouldn't exist and it's depressing that people think going there to spend all your money on lovely alcohol is a vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Louisgod posted:

vegas shouldn't exist and it's depressing that people think going there to spend all your money on lovely alcohol is a vacation

lucky for you, a bunch of hackers seem to agree 😌