Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Kalli posted:

^^ Yeah, that's cool as hell that he timed the kicker . That's gonna really gently caress some kickers up, which is cool. Probably caused the shank later in the game.

it was a cool play but Sanders did miss an extra point last week at the worst possible time so i think it might be just more that he kinda sucks now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/DAonCBS/status/1703789206399525197

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
In Bill's most recent Super Bowl win, the defense gave up three points. I guess that was Brady too.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I disagree with this. If you put him on Miami he'd be doing the same poo poo Tua is doing right now and everyone would be gassing him up. Instead he's throwing to a guy Miami didn't want anymore and had no problem trading in the division, Juju and his busted knees, and Kendrick Bourne who is fine but shouldn't be your best receiver. Oh and Tyquan Thornton who is made of glass and lives on IR. He's spent more time on IR since getting drafted than on the field, great draft pick there :v:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

History is littered with great defensive minds who head coached mid teams without Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

I mean it’s just sort of a given that you need a great QB somewhere in your career to make the HoF as a coach. Reid was amazing at making an offense work with just about anyone but he still wasn’t getting in the Hall until he found Mahomes.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Patriots are pretty much the epitome of what the kids these days call "mid."

All-time moment. :rip: Al.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

I disagree with this. If you put him on Miami he'd be doing the same poo poo Tua is doing

Tua is processing what he sees faster, releases the ball faster and has better ball placement.

Yeah Mac is running for his life behind a porous oline and throwing to mediocre receivers, but he's not helping the situation.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Mac throws with more than 10 air yards yesterday—to my biased eye—were all ducks. Tua doesn't have a cannon but he can reliably throw a nice intermediate ball.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Tua is also in year 2 of an offence explicitly tailored around him.

In a vacuum I'd definitely prefer Tua, but I do think Jones could be an above average starter. But I guess saying someone will land between Cousins and Carr isn't a ringing endorsement

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mac Jones isn't great but he's fine until he enters the Daniel Jones you have to pay this guy 40m a season zone.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
There should really be better technology re: end of the pats/phins game. We have lasers that can tell when a piece of tennis ball fuzz is over a line, spotting should not be done by a 60 year old man trying to see through a pile of human colossi while running several feet behind them.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Harlock posted:

Mac Jones isn't great but he's fine until he enters the Daniel Jones you have to pay this guy 40m a season zone.

Yeah.

Im assuming the Pats can Bill the year Mac's 5th year extension is due and let a new coach start afresh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

tarbrush posted:

Tua is also in year 2 of an offence explicitly tailored around him.

In a vacuum I'd definitely prefer Tua, but I do think Jones could be an above average starter. But I guess saying someone will land between Cousins and Carr isn't a ringing endorsement

He's not as good as either of those guys. Mac is comfortably Jones tier, which as we have seen, is not a guy you pay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s a silly argument because Bill was absolutely essential to Tom Brady being who he is.

I know we like to pretend QBs that are good are destined to be good but that’s silly

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1703799542410289659?s=46

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

As a reminder, BB's Super Bowl gameplan against the Bills when he was Giants DC in is the HoF

He did only two linemen and basically invented throwing 5 or 6 guys back there and calling it a cover 4/5/6 etc

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Chiefs really missing Bieniemy.

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/1703788024767586692?s=20

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I was waiting to hear something like this. The strike is not ending any time soon, so live sports and reality shows are all we are going to be seeing for a while. Get ready for prime time tennis on a major network.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

From what I’ve seen of their games they’re missing receivers who can actually catch.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

there's no way Mac Jones would be getting rid of the ball as quickly and efficiently as Tua does in this offense

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Al Davis loving ruled

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

mdemone posted:

Looks like former player Sergio Brown probably killed his mom and is now at large.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/17/us/sergio-brown-missing-mother-dead/index.html

this seems like a bad thing to do

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The number of wins the Patriots have post-Brady is a point in favor of Bill tbh. Those have been some dire rosters, especially on the offensive side. A lesser coach would've had those teams picking in the top 5 every year, which might have been more useful ironically. Bill is an all-time X's and O's guy, his coaching reputation is only diminished if you factor in his GM ability and his nepotistic/good-old-boy tendencies when hiring staff. It's not necessarily unfair to do so mind you, but it's important to highlight the distinction for the purposes of this conversation.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Lifespan posted:

I was waiting to hear something like this. The strike is not ending any time soon, so live sports and reality shows are all we are going to be seeing for a while. Get ready for prime time tennis on a major network.

I’ll take tennis over whatever reality TV bullshit some studio exec is trying to crank out right now

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fsif posted:

The Mac throws with more than 10 air yards yesterday—to my biased eye—were all ducks. Tua doesn't have a cannon but he can reliably throw a nice intermediate ball.

I think I disagree. neither has great arm talent but from what I saw last night Mac might be able to put more on it than Tua. I just can't get that "deep ball" to Tyreek out of my head.

The difference between the two offenses to my eye is that the Miami offense is a finely tuned machine that Tua knows how to drive well, kinda like how Jimmy and Goff knew how to operate their offenses run by their respective boy geniuses. But I don't remember seeing Tua have to figure poo poo out on the fly and improvise much. Mac was kind of fighting for his life every play and having to make poo poo happen on his own (with, uh, mixed success)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

The number of wins the Patriots have post-Brady is a point in favor of Bill tbh. Those have been some dire rosters, especially on the offensive side. A lesser coach would've had those teams picking in the top 5 every year, which might have been more useful ironically. Bill is an all-time X's and O's guy, his coaching reputation is only diminished if you factor in his GM ability and his nepotistic/good-old-boy tendencies when hiring staff. It's not necessarily unfair to do so mind you, but it's important to highlight the distinction for the purposes of this conversation.

Ya someone should fire the guy assembling those rosters!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AndrewP posted:

I think I disagree. neither has great arm talent but from what I saw last night Mac might be able to put more on it than Tua. I just can't get that "deep ball" to Tyreek out of my head.

The difference between the two offenses to my eye is that the Miami offense is a finely tuned machine that Tua knows how to drive well, kinda like how Jimmy and Goff knew how to operate their offenses run by their respective boy geniuses. But I don't remember seeing Tua have to figure poo poo out on the fly and improvise much. Mac was kind of fighting for his life every play and having to make poo poo happen on his own (with, uh, mixed success)

That one throw was bad, but Tua has quantifiably been one of the most (maybe the most?) accurate , prolific deep ball throwers since last year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Interesting timing on this announcement after the Spectrum deal...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There’s probably not a more accurate QB in the league than Tua. He may not be able to throw it through a wall but he still has arm talent.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I know football players are insane, but Mike Trout had a calf strain and he was out a couple months

I'd be very worried if I was the Bengals

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

This will be an interesting turn if this maneuver is what ends up breaking the writers' strike. Doubly so when this goes to October when basketball & hockey start up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I know football players are insane, but Mike Trout had a calf strain and he was out a couple months

I'd be very worried if I was the Bengals

Bucs rookie DT Calijah Kancey hurt his calf on the second day of camp and made it back for the opener. He played 11 snaps and felt tightness, didn't really reinjure it, but they held him out this week and he could miss next week as well. If Burrow reinjured his, he will/should miss some time.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

If Burrow reinjured his, he will/should miss some time.
Vegas markets are now expecting this.
https://twitter.com/Underdog__NFL/status/1703826840601706941?s=20

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lifespan posted:

I was hoping for a classic Monday Night game every weeknight. I'd watch that poo poo. Putting Cosell in the thumbnail was just a tease.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh boy, the Bengals backup QB is "Jake Browning", UDFA and career practice squad guy. He has 1 career pass attempt (incomplete). Having the Bengals favored at all if this dude is going to be playing seems wildly optimistic

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1703842542020632944?t=8vYrs_fwREVQGw0TYqwUjQ&s=19

this is great :pray:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

Oh boy, the Bengals backup QB is "Jake Browning", UDFA and career practice squad guy. He has 1 career pass attempt (incomplete). Having the Bengals favored at all if this dude is going to be playing seems wildly optimistic

He had a good year in college! Er, a good year. he played 4 of them. His good year was his sophomore season.

And this year he did apparently beat out Trevor Siemian for the backup job! He's got chops in that fashion, right?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Everyone give up super picks for Trey Lance so Jerry Jones can laugh at you

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

there it goes

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1703847414094811401?t=g0_pU6ZVXcITa5e2oPr8xA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good for Mahomes. He shouldn't be stuck making $40m per when 10 other dudes are making more than him.