Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There are a bunch of intros with Kitana that make reference to "Countess Jade," at least one of which was in the first beta test. Kitana hasn't met Jade yet in the New Era, but Liu Kang has straight-up told Kitana that she will, and when she does, she can trust Jade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wanderer posted:

There are a bunch of intros with Kitana that make reference to "Countess Jade," at least one of which was in the first beta test. Kitana hasn't met Jade yet in the New Era, but Liu Kang has straight-up told Kitana that she will, and when she does, she can trust Jade.

So then Jade is a girl then. They really didn't want to deal with those death threats lmao

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Rhonne posted:

Is Frost anywhere in this DLC? I'm curious what she'll be like in this timeline. It would be nice if she was actually a good guy this time around. We need a heroic ice user around, and it sure ain't going to be Bi-Han.

not totally confirmed but might be. its hard to see concrete but alot of people reading the leaks are just assuming this one character is them so :shrug:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
tekada is mk1 timeline and kenshi's cousin now. hanzo see's him as his big brother

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

tekada is mk1 timeline and kenshi's cousin now. hanzo see's him as his big brother

They never really did anything with Takeda being Kenshi's son in the games, so this is a fine change. I really want regular rear end, no demon powers Hanzo become a playable character, I am really digging the set up to this version of him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Liu Kang is jealous that Johnny Cage whooped Shinocks boney rear end

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I dunno, he liked Johnny enough to make sure he was one of the main heroes around. Now, Sonya? He clearly hates her.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Johnny was too much of a wife guy and never wanted to hang out.

Liu Kang made sure he would never have this problem again

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Johnny was too much of a wife guy and never wanted to hang out.

Liu Kang made sure he would never have this problem again

I mean, I guess he sure did if this is anything to go by (spoilerinos maybe, but it's just menu stuff): Also he confirms that Mustard AND Ketchup are canon. :colbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Fuckin lol'd at My Neighbor Motaro

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Rhonne posted:

I dunno, he liked Johnny enough to make sure he was one of the main heroes around. Now, Sonya? He clearly hates her.

Liu kang foresaw Johnny would stunt cast Ronda Rousey as her in the cinematic universe adaptations and put a stop to that real quick

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I like the idea of a god holding a petty grudge against some rear end in a top hat in a previous karmic cycle. I second whoever pointed out the pissed off look on Liu kangs face when he hears from Geras that Shang Tsung was up to some poo poo. That was good stuff

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope they put in more normal, 2-round fights for the Invasion stuff, even if on a separate island. I gotta admit doing these 1-round things is not fun, feels like I'm playing the mobile version or some poo poo. The previous Towers/Multiverse stuff was always full 2 round fights, idk why they figured it'd be better to make the fights smaller

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Hard disagree, blitzing through a bunch of 1 round fights is great. I would die if i had to do a bunch of towers that were 2 rounds each. If they were 2 rounds id expect like half as many nodes and as it stands id rather have a bunch of variety than fewer, longer matches.

Also itd really suck to fight disadvantage battles for 2 rounds it would force me to learn more than 1 kharacter :colbert:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i hope cyrax isnt white washed even if theyre now a woman

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/CatsMocha/status/1703575553452933419

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It was very funny when Cyrax and Sektor showed up as regular dudes. "Hi, we're the normal human guys with names only a robot would have."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

KungFu Grip posted:

Based on how Tanya has been handled I don't see that happening

How a young woman received the name Cyrax though, that's uh...huh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is my son, T-800

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

PostNouveau posted:

It was very funny when Cyrax and Sektor showed up as regular dudes. "Hi, we're the normal human guys with names only a robot would have."

namerology

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

for real idk why they didn't just say those were codenames, MK9 bent over backwards to justify all that poo poo right down to giving Cyrax like a real net instead of a digital one for his human form lol

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DLC Inc posted:

for real idk why they didn't just say those were codenames, MK9 bent over backwards to justify all that poo poo right down to giving Cyrax like a real net instead of a digital one for his human form lol

Imagine, you sell your soul to be better as a robot, only to fight and be exactly the same besides tossing motor oil instead of blood.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Took away Johnny's god-busting green glow just in case.

widespread posted:

I mean, I guess he sure did if this is anything to go by (spoilerinos maybe, but it's just menu stuff): Also he confirms that Mustard AND Ketchup are canon. :colbert:

"Best friend!" Aww... :3:

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

I'm really digging the mastery progression system this time around. I remember playing MK11, mostly in ranked online, with just Sub Zero and by the end of the first two weeks I still didn't really have any good skins or gear for him and it was really annoying. The game seemed to discourage you from playing the competitive modes in order to earn any skins you actually wanted

I've already got a variety of cool lookin' skins and masks for Smoke after a few days of kombat league and the little sneak peek you get every 5 tiers is a fun incentive. I usually just stick with one character for a long time but I might bounce around and try some others once I cap out on Smoke so I can collect cool poo poo for his ninja bros

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

That stuff's pretty good but whoever decided to make ranked best of 5 needs to not decide anything anymore

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

e: Goddamnit multiple articles lied to me. Doesn't unlock for 12 more hours.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 19, 2023

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Regrettable posted:

e: Goddamnit multiple articles lied to me. Doesn't unlock for 12 more hours.

Unlocked on my ps5 right now though

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Twibbit posted:

Unlocked on my ps5 right now though

Steam doesn't unlock until noon EDT tomorrow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The only weird thing about bringing padding Jade padding back is that Tanya basically took their old personality for the new timeline

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only kind of, Jade’s whole deal in the original timeline was being closer to Kitana despite not being biologically related. Then later on they added her relationship with Kotal. It seems like they’re going in a new direction with her character anyway as there are lines that refer to her as Countess.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

I am loving the game so far but it's baffling how there are so many features that should be in this game but aren't, like being able to save more than one cosmetic for a character, pre-battle dialogues, and tagging certain combos so you can view them while battling. Also, I notice a few bugs that make the game seem rushed, for instance the audio randomly cuts off during Invasions.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

KungFu Grip posted:

One of the intros asks a character if their accent is nigerian, it seems like its cyrax

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
I wonder how theyll handle sonya, cos if anyones done kenshis ending then jax is in the fbi and starts a men in black style outworld investigations agency and recruits kenshis into. Seems like the forces are gone and maybe we'll get scully sonya

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
The more i think about (and yes i know it’s never going to happen) the more Judge Dredd seems like a perfect fit for MK1

Costumes:

original skinny 70’s Dredd

Some comic accurate pick

Stallone 95’

Karl urban 2012 (urban and homelander anyone?)

Fighting: knives,truncheon,lawgiver,lawmaster,miracle plastic,stumm gas,ricochet.

Moves :

Gaze into the fist of Dredd!

Judge jury and executioner

Get drokked

The sentence

30 years creep!

I am the law!

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 19, 2023

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

I wonder how theyll handle sonya, cos if anyones done kenshis ending then jax is in the fbi and starts a men in black style outworld investigations agency and recruits kenshis into. Seems like the forces are gone and maybe we'll get scully sonya

This is 100% what I was hoping for, I feel like replacing the military faction with more of an alphabet agency will be a lot more interesting for all the characters in that part of the story. I'm really burned out on the volume of characters who use firearms after X and 11, both from a gameplay and thematic standpoint, so hopefully the MIB angle will give them a little more creative space to work within

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Just want to point out the best pre-fight dialogue from the datamining stuff:

Peacemaker: Aquaman? The Deep? What's with all the fish fuckers?!
Homelander: I really have no idea.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Any idea if the achievement for 5,000,000 score in the gateway towers is cumulative or does it have to be done on a single tower? Cus I feel I’ve accumulated that total by now and I don’t really see a viable tower to get that high of a score on.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Any goons got MK1 on PS5 and want to play some games? My discord is aztecdeathwhistle if anyone wants to arrange anything.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Dang, not only do fatal blows and fatalities have descriptive audio, all story mode cutscenes do too. Now I kinda want to beat it again because it's hilarious and 100% enhances the gameplay

Also took the time to read all the accessibility toggle descriptions and hot drat, great job. Like, for invasions you can turn on audio cues that will first note the directions you can go in, then specific jingles for new stuff/explored/blocked. You can navigate the entire game blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse posted:

Any idea if the achievement for 5,000,000 score in the gateway towers is cumulative or does it have to be done on a single tower? Cus I feel I’ve accumulated that total by now and I don’t really see a viable tower to get that high of a score on.

I answered this for myself. It has to be done in a single tower. Sounds like the best bet is to find an 8 floor tower, pop a stat doubling consumable, and brutality every match without losing for the score multiplier.