Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Opulent western minds cannot process the superior sub-submariner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Russian generals are playing too much Subnautica, not playing enough World of Tanks. But who can blame them, really.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Vaginaface posted:

Opulent western minds cannot process the superior sub-submariner
Those are speed holes, makes it go faster.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

A 400% increase in dive speed.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

they are used to deploy the military dolphins.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Blew my mind when someone told me a fathom is like, 1.8 meters

zone
Dec 6, 2016

kru posted:

Blew my mind when someone told me a fathom is like, 1.8 meters

I bet it was unfathomable
:dumbrim:

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

A few points about this:

1 - submarines dive, not sink. Important distinction. I mean, this one clearly won't be diving anytime ever again but for future references, now you know

2 - lol

3 - LMAO

Ivan, you're diving!

This isn't diving; this is sinking with style!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1703843335851454936#m
Puccian telegrams complaining they're losing ground near Svatove and Kreminna... again

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

zone posted:

Puccian telegrams complaining they're losing ground near Svatove and Kreminna... again

I'm old enough that I remember prominent analysts predicting that Ukrainian partisans would be fighting guerilla warfare after the 2nd week and wondering how to supply them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1703843335851454936#m

Seems like the offensive is kicking into gear atm.

Bakhmut front moving, Crimea might have a marine assault, northern gains by Russia falling away...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

See I always knew monke could play 5D chess

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he's inviting the :bonk:o gambit

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Three day four move Special Military Operation.

For those who don't know, Putin, the piece of poo poo, is playing White and just played himself into Fool's Mate, the fastest game of chess possible.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thankfully there are useful idiots who will explain that winning in chess against putin would be an escalation that would lead to a nuclear retaliation, and so we should ignore his mistakes and instead force the black to aim for a stalemate.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

steinrokkan posted:

Thankfully there are useful idiots who will explain that winning in chess against putin would be an escalation that would lead to a nuclear retaliation, and so we should ignore his mistakes and instead force the black to aim for a stalemate.
Nah, Black should just tip his king over and give up, everything will be fine from the country that has genocidal ambitions for the country they invaded. Don't want to upset decorum.

Non spoilered: Putin is a piece of poo poo.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0oY6x-7Ujo

Zero fucks given. You'll fight till you die or it's over.

I'd love to see the face of mobiks when they hear/see/read they are there till the end or you are dead. I am being sarcastic before someone bashes that report button for lusting.

It really is the "Your government has abandoned you, GI!" propaganda message from Battlefield Vietnam but said by your own side.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

For dummies like me who don't know chess except the basic moves , black's next move is going to be

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that is the fastest checkmate in chess and is referred to as "fool's mate" because it relies upon white massively screwing up, for extra color

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Coolguye posted:

that is the fastest checkmate in chess and is referred to as "fool's mate" because it relies upon white massively screwing up, for extra color

I can't believe perfidious NATO forced Putin to move pawn to g4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Deltasquid posted:

I can't believe perfidious NATO forced Putin to move pawn to g4

It was The USA (Obama) that forced their hand with Neoliberalism. I saw a BadEmpanada video about it.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Coolguye posted:

I only know about it because I saw a Youtube Short of this guy who was smug about his chess being beaten by his inexperienced girlfriend because she tilted her head, saw his mistake, and and moved her queen.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
G4 is a natural part of the white sphere of influence, and has been for centuries.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1703846374444343429
oops.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

steinrokkan posted:

G4 is a natural part of the white sphere of influence, and has been for centuries.

I blame Vladimir Lenin for creating the confusion on what lies within the belyy mir (white world) back in the 1917.

Edit: I forgot just how deranged Putin's February 21, 2022 speech was. Holy poo poo.

quote:

Actually, as I have already said, Soviet Ukraine is the result of the Bolsheviks’ policy and can be rightfully called “Vladimir Lenin’s Ukraine.” He was its creator and architect. This is fully and comprehensively corroborated by archival documents, including Lenin’s harsh instructions regarding Donbass, which was actually shoved into Ukraine. And today the “grateful progeny” has overturned monuments to Lenin in Ukraine. They call it decommunization.

You want decommunization? Very well, this suits us just fine. But why stop halfway? We are ready to show what real decommunizations would mean for Ukraine.
http://www.en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/67828

William Bear fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 18, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If you don't believe that the G4 square should have self-determination, then Taiwan shouldn't either.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
But you see there were nazis in G4.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Sashimi posted:

But you see there were nazis in G4.

I knew I hated that channel for a reason.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

3 Days, in and out.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Checkers were threatening white's flank after promising not to!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

3 day Special Stationery Operation

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geiXmnbs2Eo

Don't usually watch this Russian guy but was curious due to the title. Some pretty hard indoctrination going on with the kids at schools rip. Cool to see that the people who grew up without propaganda are against the war and negative towards putin. Tankies filling that age gap!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

No fascism here! ^^^^

Don't you know Russia is the USSR, actually? That's why they're such good friends with Communist China, who are great.

Why yes I am anti-fascist, of course I am. I'm a true leftist.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I prefer checkers they have the big beaufort

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
This is how Putin plays chess. He gets the king, you get nothing but another loss.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

steinrokkan posted:

One wonders what would have happened to Chewbacca if he'd attacked Skywalker though

Probably ripped his arms off and beat him with the wet ends but then...

e: I naively lost a chess game with that set-up to my dad when I was a kid, I don't think he coached me into it just saw it happening and laughed

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Is this like one of those cards high schoolers would sell to you which gives you discounts from local businesses?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

CannonFodder posted:

And the US even owned up to their submarine mistakes, like the "Whoops we hit a Japanese fishing ship because we tried to do the "launch out of the sea like a humpback whale" move, and the "Whoops we hit an underground mountain and totally hosed up the nose of the sub"
Yes if there's one thing the US military is famous for it's publicly admitting to mistakes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is this like one of those cards high schoolers would sell to you which gives you discounts from local businesses?

No, it’s not nearly that valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

pro starcraft loser posted:

It actually works in reverse and makes everything they buy more expensive.