Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Welp CVS just texted me to say they don't have the updated vax and to reschedule, of course their site for doing so is down.

edit: zero appointments available at Walgreens either (even for flu?). San Francisco used to be on the ball with this poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS has issued a correction as of 23:08 on Sep 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Pingui posted:

The Bridge Access Program is supposed to be running now, though it is select locations only and continue on until December 2024.

One pager here:

More information and links:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

thanks for this, gonna share with recently unemployed friends

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
friend says his 2023 Moderna booster knocked him off his rear end way harder than any previous booster

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Good. That's what I like to hear. I know there's no evidence of it but I like the feeling of the boosters hitting me. It's like proof that it is working and my body is busy building antibodies instead of slacking off

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
For some reason there's a whole lot of my friends catching international flights atm, I'm seeing lots of photos of them in planes and airports on my social media feeds. None of them are wearing masks, of course. One of my housemates has been in the UK for two months and is flying back home next week and I'm guessing she won't be masking either.

Also 20 schools in NSW are closed today but that's due to extreme bushfire danger and not covid

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

For some reason there's a whole lot of my friends catching international flights atm, I'm seeing lots of photos of them in planes and airports on my social media feeds. None of them are wearing masks, of course. One of my housemates has been in the UK for two months and is flying back home next week and I'm guessing she won't be masking either.

Also 20 schools in NSW are closed today but that's due to extreme bushfire danger and not covid

so is severe brushfire like half the school is already burned down?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Welp CVS just texted me to say they don't have the updated vax and to reschedule, of course their site for doing so is down.

edit: zero appointments available at Walgreens either (even for flu?). San Francisco used to be on the ball with this poo poo.

call them. I got the same text, but they actually had the vaccine.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
A friend got his booster today at CVS; they had 55 fewer doses than scheduled appointments.

But it's good that people around here really want it, yes?

Also, insurance covered my CVS jabs on Saturday, but today at a different CVS, it only covered part of my kid's (I paid I think $57).

And, while I felt like poo poo Saturday night and Sunday, I feel unusually good today. If anyone wants another point of anecdata, there you go.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Lavender Breatheteq masks arrived today and they are a very friendly color for those of us who gotta look like we're not trying too hard.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Hungry Squirrel posted:

....it only covered part of my kid's (I paid I think $57).

Oh poo poo, you actually got a pediatric vaccine? How old is your kid? Did you see if this was an actual different dosage than adults?

I've just been on the phone with state health and the federal cdc vaccines line (800-232-0233), and they have zero loving clue. Keep pointing me to vaccines.gov, which has the old bivalent data up.

My pediatrician's front desk was like "they haven't released it yet, we don't know what it is".

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Strep Vote posted:

Lavender Breatheteq masks arrived today and they are a very friendly color for those of us who gotta look like we're not trying too hard.

those and the grays are v. nice for looking a bit less severe if you have to

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

fosborb posted:

so is severe brushfire like half the school is already burned down?

Naw it's more like the Maui wildfires :(

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Any word on this new booster juice trickling it's way down to Australia? Last booster I had was in October, I went to get a new one in April and they refused to give it to me. 5 jabs is enough, apparently.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

toggle posted:

Any word on this new booster juice trickling it's way down to Australia? Last booster I had was in October, I went to get a new one in April and they refused to give it to me. 5 jabs is enough, apparently.

:coronatoot:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well poo poo, I was just googling to see if the updated shots will be available in Australia anytime soon and it turns out they don't want to give me any more shots at all this year. They recommend that everyone 75 or older get another booster shot and that anyone 18-74 who is immunocompromised should consider getting another shot but everyone else who already got a shot earlier this year is poo poo out of luck:

quote:

For younger people or older adults without severe immunocompromise who have already had a dose in 2023, no further doses are currently recommended. Their baseline risk of severe illness is low if they have already been vaccinated, and particularly if they have also had prior infection.1 Therefore a further 2023 dose will offer little additional benefit even if it has been more than 6 months since their last dose.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi-update-on-the-covid-19-vaccination-program

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Baddog posted:

call them. I got the same text, but they actually had the vaccine.

I'll check it- I actually was now able to schedule my flu shot at the local CVS tomorrow morning. I'll just ask when I'm there if there is a chance they have it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

toggle posted:

No idea about updated boosters but if you haven't been jabbed or tested positive for covid anytime in 2023 you should be able to get a booster.

I got a booster earlier this year so I'm gonna have to booster bandit if I want another shot in the next few months :ninja:

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

Baddog posted:

Oh poo poo, you actually got a pediatric vaccine?

Genuinely, I am so sorry that I got your hopes up. The kid is 12, so can have the adult dose.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Strep Vote posted:

I'm glad there's manufacturer's making colourful masks.

I've been getting these ones https://www.ppe-supply.com/products/kind-mask-5pc lately and they're surprisingly comfy. Doesn't look like mask nerd got to them yet but they are KN95s at least and I break out the Aura when I'm going somewhere more pestilent than a 30min trip to the grocery store.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Overheard chatter between the pharmacists in line to get my fluvid shots: "No more free shots for uninsured. Out of pocket for them."

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

PostNouveau posted:

Overheard chatter between the pharmacists in line to get my fluvid shots: "No more free shots for uninsured. Out of pocket for them."
"Please sir, can I jab some more?"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Hungry Squirrel posted:

A friend got his booster today at CVS; they had 55 fewer doses than scheduled appointments.

ahh, the airline strategy

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

PostNouveau posted:

jfc, risking loving up the op to phone edit it to include the bridge access info. CVS and Walgreens specifically have to give out free covid vaccines, and so do many others

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

fosborb posted:

jfc, risking loving up the op to phone edit it to include the bridge access info. CVS and Walgreens specifically have to give out free covid vaccines, and so do many others

You can just write a sentence at the top and elaborate later. People can ask for information in the thread until then.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

ok so we're back to the usual "get hosed and pray" state of america, got it. love it here

one nation under god :unsmigghh:

Pingui posted:

ED after a COVID infection is all in your head, shaft and balls.

by which is meant, vascular damage to the penis can make it physically impossible to achieve erection

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

PostNouveau posted:

out of curiosity i called local locations listed as "bridge access participants" from the vaccine.gov search and none of the pharmacies knew about it yet

a very cool and competent country we got here

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Fur20 posted:

(..)
by which is meant, vascular damage to the penis can make it physically impossible to achieve erection

Not exclusively vascular damage.

Pingui posted:

(..)
The possible mechanisms of ED caused by COVID-19 in the current study are as follows: (1) Endothelial dysfunction [41]: the nitric oxide synthase’s expression levels in the cavernous endothelium and the average level of endothelial progenitor cells in patients with COVID-19 were decreased [17]. (2) Direct testicular injury: novel coronaviruses have been found in COVID-19 patients semen and testes in acute and convalescent periods [42]. Autopsy reports have revealed that patients’ testes have edema, mild lymphocytic infiltration, marked leukopenia, and seminiferous tubule damage [43]. (3) Hypogonadism [41]: a large study found that COVID‐19 was related with decreased testosterone, with secondary hypogonadism in 85% of patients [44]. (4) Inflammatory cytokines: IL-1β, IL-6, and TNF-α were associated to the clinical progression of sexual dysfunction [44, 45]. In COVID-19 patients, IL-6 could be used as a marker for ED, and when it’s cut-off point was 14.2 ng/ml, the sensitivity for detecting ED risk was 0.78 and the specificity was 0.72 [12]. (5) Psychological dysfunction [41, 46]. (6) Impaired pulmonary hemodynamics [41]. (7) Anosmia and ageusia: it has been suggested that anosmia and ageusia may play an important role in the etiology of temporary ED associated with COVID-19 [47]
(..)

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Tekne posted:

out of curiosity i called local locations listed as "bridge access participants" from the vaccine.gov search and none of the pharmacies knew about it yet

a very cool and competent country we got here

:rubby:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I'm not doubting these results (and I'm going to order the European tests that were referenced) but I'd like to suggest to others that there are specific tests to use/avoid, and they are going to want research based sources. Is this documented anywhere else?

It would be really nice if someone did controlled tests with rapid tests x the umpteen variants available today but I'm guessing nobody publishes those sorts of results, do they? Except I thought the FDA/CDC occasionally announces that rapid tests are still good every once in a while, based on ???

Anyway, I can share this. Flowflex (same test under two different lights):

Rapid Response (3 different tests, one is not mine, see if you can guess which):

I find the lines drat hard to see on screen but they were slightly more obvious in person and they do show up if you max contrast/pixel peep.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This has been an interesting day

Now that the whole family is tested, my parents are negative, and so is my 6yo (wtf how). My 9yo however tested positive, so that gives us 4 COVID cases and 3 people who need to dodge it.

test2treat.org worked for me, and I got a Paxlovid prescription sent to Walgreens, who said that my insurance won't cover it and to pay out of pocket. My wife, however, submitted her information and got no response at all. So we tried a different telehealth service, Color. The first visit was a dud; the doctor logged into their Zoom call and couldn't hear us and so she ended the visit and had us fill out all the forms all over again.

The second time worked, but the pharmacist denied her Paxlovid, saying that it's been too long. She's felt symptoms since Wednesday, and we thought that would be day 0, with today being day 5, but the doctor said no, today is day 6. The doctor suggested she get Remdesivir, only to stop herself a minute later because oops actually there are no supplies of that drug in Oregon. She apologized for not being able to prescribe anything, and this here is the best part. The doctor told my wife to save her positive test, and then use it to lie to get a Paxlovid prescription the moment she feels sick with anything. That way, she will already have it on hand, and can use it once she tests positive for real. lol. lmao.

So, I've got Pax that wasn't free whereas my wife is SOL with advice from a doctor to lie, cheat, and steal your way to a Pax prescription next time. :shepface:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

drive out to the boonies where no one will get the clot shot except olds maybe.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

eXXon posted:

It would be really nice if someone did controlled tests with rapid tests x the umpteen variants available today but I'm guessing nobody publishes those sorts of results, do they? Except I thought the FDA/CDC occasionally announces that rapid tests are still good every once in a while, based on ???
It is harder than ever to do that because you'd have to get a positive flow test AND confirm the variant via sequencing, and there are so many drat lineages now. Last time I saw this done was "Omicron" vs "Delta," and even then, it was just BA.1/BA.2

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

U-DO Burger posted:

This has been an interesting day

Now that the whole family is tested, my parents are negative, and so is my 6yo (wtf how). My 9yo however tested positive, so that gives us 4 COVID cases and 3 people who need to dodge it.

test2treat.org worked for me, and I got a Paxlovid prescription sent to Walgreens, who said that my insurance won't cover it and to pay out of pocket. My wife, however, submitted her information and got no response at all. So we tried a different telehealth service, Color. The first visit was a dud; the doctor logged into their Zoom call and couldn't hear us and so she ended the visit and had us fill out all the forms all over again.

The second time worked, but the pharmacist denied her Paxlovid, saying that it's been too long. She's felt symptoms since Wednesday, and we thought that would be day 0, with today being day 5, but the doctor said no, today is day 6. The doctor suggested she get Remdesivir, only to stop herself a minute later because oops actually there are no supplies of that drug in Oregon. She apologized for not being able to prescribe anything, and this here is the best part. The doctor told my wife to save her positive test, and then use it to lie to get a Paxlovid prescription the moment she feels sick with anything. That way, she will already have it on hand, and can use it once she tests positive for real. lol. lmao.

So, I've got Pax that wasn't free whereas my wife is SOL with advice from a doctor to lie, cheat, and steal your way to a Pax prescription next time. :shepface:

From now on I'm listening to U-DO Burger's wife's doctor.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fosborb posted:

poo poo, this was AT a CVS

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh yes, this is the second telehealth site I used. Supposedly free it you live in Oregon. We didn't get charged, but we didn't manage to get a prescription through here either so YMMV

https://home.color.com/consults/covid_antivirals/request/about?partner=covid-19-treatment-or

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oracle posted:

drive out to the boonies where no one will get the clot shot except olds maybe.

I ain't going to hayward for no one

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/mikechenwriter/status/1703903889408606689?s=46

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cock Piss oval office? :confused:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
*TCMishly* it will also help the Covid induced ED

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Cock Piss oval office? :confused:

Cooter Pussy Cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:eyepop: