Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

bsky-social-iktws-5brth for anyone else ITT who wants to gtfo twitter but still wants to post on a different site that is terrible for its own reasons

Thanks!
E: also worst snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Here ya go: bsky-social-psdtz-dpjzr

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Sankis posted:

the population of the earth is growing and as far as I know shows no signs of slowing. Anyone upset about birthrates is only worried that the "wrong people" are having kids.

The population growth is slowing. And is looking like it will continue to do with.

The overall numbers are still increasing, but not by as much as they used to be. It's still several decades off yet due to population lag, but it will be likely that there will be a population reduction due to the declining birthrate.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

kazil posted:

Major part of the fall of the Roman Empire was their bad #fashion 👠

Did someone say #fashion?

Oh, you said #fascist, carry on

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1703916799132311842?s=20

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This account is going strong
https://twitter.com/Englisc_/status/1275724172161880070

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Gross

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Justines story was a tough read.

He was probably not dosing either and would just do more at night and poo poo to stay awake or be "productive"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So has Elon actually invented anything? I am willing give him the benefit of the doubt about him being a decent engineer.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Unlucky7 posted:

So has Elon actually invented anything? I am willing give him the benefit of the doubt about him being a decent engineer.

He invents new and incredible ways to suck poo poo every day

Does that count?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

No.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Unlucky7 posted:

Well let's see here,

Elon has invented:
1. paypal
2. electric cars
3. spaceships
4. holes
5. x, the everything app

that's a pretty serious portfolio!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Unlucky7 posted:

So has Elon actually invented anything?

No

quote:

I am willing give him the benefit of the doubt about him being a decent engineer.
Why

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Sports

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol how has this been up since 2020?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

No issue with anything else said, but confused by this length of time for communications. Unless messages are getting backlogged or something. I don't know if there would be bandwidth concerns from Earth to Mars, would not surprise me though, but still I would think message delay would not be that long?

Yeah mars is 1.5 Astronimical units from the sun, so roughly 0.5 AU from earth. It takes about 8 minutes for EM waves to hit earth from the sun, so about 4 mins to send radio signal to earth.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

kazil posted:

lol how has this been up since 2020?

twitter has always been poo poo OP

but in this case, I bet that was a banned account Elon brought back so you can now see that poo poo again. Probably personally unbanned it. Probably liked the tweet too.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Zeniel posted:

Yeah mars is 1.5 Astronimical units from the sun, so roughly 0.5 AU from earth. It takes about 8 minutes for EM waves to hit earth from the sun, so about 4 mins to send radio signal to earth.

4 minutes minimum

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zeniel posted:

it is usually much much longer than 4 minutes

i think a ship arriving at mars via hohmann transfer would be looking at over 15 minutes of comm lag

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 19, 2023

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Unlucky7 posted:

Elon single handedly programmed Cadillacs and Dinosaurs: The Second Cataclysm.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Feel like this is some weird poorly thought out messaging.

The jew hellscape has tanks? The nazi ideal is a smurf village?

Agrarian living with other nazis doesn't seem like a good time, even for nazis.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Unlucky7 posted:

Because of the engineering degree he doesn't have?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Unlucky7 posted:

He coined “well, technically I’M an African American”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Butterwagon posted:

4 minutes minimum

Up to like 22

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just loving...Block his site you absolute shitlib cowards that run these countries! He's the loving edgiest stunted 12 year old /pol/ Innsmouth bred dumbfuck that ever lived, just call his bluff and do it.

What's he going to do, Tweet about it?!

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 19, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, what's bad about bluesky? I mean other than it being another social media platform. Oh God, is it full of Nazis already?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Randalor posted:

Wait, what's bad about bluesky? I mean other than it being another social media platform. Oh God, is it full of Nazis already?

Furries, mostly

People overstate Dorsey's involvement

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Every few weeks there is storm in a teacup over people whom I never heard of until that point on Bluesky but not too much worse from what I have seen

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Unlucky7 posted:

Best I can tell, he did some programming in the early PayPal days, but it was poor quality. After that he made a series of good investments and built out his Tony Stark persona to sell them.

In the past he was smart enough not to run his businesses into the ground, possibly by listening to smarter people around him.

I’ve wondered about this quite a bit, because while the world definitely isn’t a meritocracy, you don’t become the richest person in the world without at least doing something right.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So for social media addicts the choice is between sex weirdos or nazis.

If it was me I'd just pick up smoking but I guess you folks are built differently.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Congress spent millions investigating TikTok on the suspicion that it was spying on U.S. citizens to no end. Meanwhile Musk freely admits he's giving up user info to whichever third world dictatorship wants it.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What is Elom’s creepiest attribute? It’s gotta be his obsession with birthrates. Obviously that’s fueling all his posts that are just dogwhistles. But the IVF impregnated VP of his Neuralink company? That’s some twisted psycho nightmare fuel. That belongs in the backstory character bios of an N64 horror-themed game.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

you don’t become the richest person in the world without at least doing something right.

Right: being born to the owner of an emerald mine. Few people know how much talent that takes.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 19, 2023

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m extremely concerned about the declining blue rates. We need to increase the number of new users. Declining user rates was one of the main causes of the fall of Twitter

E: bsky-social-GONE

poisonpill fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 19, 2023

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Right: being born to the owner of an emerald mine.

Sure, he %100 had a huge early boost, but his dad didn’t direct his investments or all the other stuff I listed. So many people gently caress up being born into money.

The guy got to his current place somehow.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

poisonpill posted:

What is Elom’s creepiest attribute? It’s gotta be his obsession with birthrates. Obviously that’s fueling all his posts that are just dogwhistles. But the IVF impregnated VP of his Neuralink company? That’s some twisted psycho nightmare fuel. That belongs in the backstory character bios of an N64 horror-themed game.

The eugenics are starting to get on my nerves a bit.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Depends on what you mean by creepy

Horny larping as his own very young child is pretty high on the list

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Sure, he %100 had a huge early boost, but his dad didn’t direct his investments or all the other stuff I listed. So many people gently caress up being born into money.

You answered your own question in your question.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

After that he made a series of good investments and built out his Tony Stark persona to sell them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

poisonpill posted:

The fish face fucker's lips

Was his dad Dagon and his mother was sacrificed to the Sea or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I think 99% of it is just rich boy inertia. The system is built of, by and for people like Elon so that they can't fail; no matter how much of an Apartheid failidiot they are.