Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Mr.Radar posted:

Oz Media put out a new video about iilluminaugtii and how she's trying to foreclose on his house which she can do because of some super-shady legal documents she manipulated him into signing while they were dating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZumS6KxZI

Jfc she is the biggest scumbag imaginable.

Sometimes I look at how places like r/relationships can get touchy about age gaps in relationships and think they're going a bit far with the worst assumptions, but then you find out that iilluminaughtii was dating this guy when he was 20 and she was 28 and :jail:

Everything that comes up about her is a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I am deeply, deeply curious about the buried iilluminaugtii crypto farm lede here.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Nuns with Guns posted:

Sometimes I look at how places like r/relationships can get touchy about age gaps in relationships and think they're going a bit far with the worst assumptions, but then you find out that iilluminaughtii was dating this guy when he was 20 and she was 28 and :jail:

Everything that comes up about her is a nightmare.

She is a walking r/relationships post

AITA for taking my (20m) girlfriend (28f) to court? Edit: Girlfriend is my landlord/employer btw and embezzled funds and then signed over all her debt to me

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 18, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Second video of this account that had a nice Wing Commander video 6 months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6mNiV7xXmw

(haven't watched it)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJi6D__1dfE

This kid found out how to get all the unobtainable room decorations in Pokemon Gen 2, and why it wasn't possible before

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Crustbag owns and makes me think the kids are alright

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I was so bummed when room decorating didn't persist into the DS generation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1pU5qPxRg
Primm reviews a terrible Martin Lawrence cop movie from... 2022? That can't be right.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1pU5qPxRg
Primm reviews a terrible Martin Lawrence cop movie from... 2022? That can't be right.

I betcha its not left

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Gaius Marius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJi6D__1dfE

This kid found out how to get all the unobtainable room decorations in Pokemon Gen 2, and why it wasn't possible before

God bless the absolute dorks that sit there and figure this poo poo out :patriot:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 18, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
unity lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
we need money we're going bankrupt lets do something illegal and stupid that will alienate everyone as our last resort to make money

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

i was somewhat surprised to see her getting so many reaction videos from all kinds of youtubers from basically all political stripes cause i had only discovered her a few months ago. but apparently her channel was way bigger and older than i thought.

I'm amazed that she's still churning out videos after all this. Dead quiet on twitter since the end of May but last video two days ago and still churning out multiple videos a week.
[/quote]

I used to quite like her content. At first I thought it was just plagiarism/lack of attribution, minor stuff that can be settled by just not being a jerk, but holy poo poo, it escalated.

It's like the was doing/copying videos on the MLMs and cult leaders and assembling her own how-to guide on the side.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

we need money we're going bankrupt lets do something illegal and stupid that will alienate everyone as our last resort to make money

Bunch of shareholders already cashed out.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Unity merged with a company that makes in-game advertising malware and then rolled out a ruinous monetization model with the caveat that if your game opts into their advertisement malware they'll waive the new per-install fees. Nothing suspect going on here whatsoever, no sir.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Wrageowrapper posted:

Have a video about vocal fry and bad sketch comedy. From a linguist with a surprisingly refreshing take on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0yL2GezneU

I kind of hate that I watched this because I don't know if if I picked it up from trying to do it or if I've always had this but never noticed but I sure an loving doing it now.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Grondoth posted:

they've got really lovely people on their board who sold a fuckton of their stock before the announcement.

lovely people yes, but the second part of this isn’t, as far as I can tell, true. Everyone was waving around a story about the CEO selling stock just before the announcement—but anyone in that position (like literally anyone, it is the standard and deviating from it alone is by itself a regulatory red flag) has all stock sales on an automated schedule. He moved 2,000 shares at maybe $40 each, but took home over a million in cash compensation last year. One does not risk bright-line slam-dunk insider trading over $80K.

Unity sucks and so does their board and exec suite, but this isn’t really a thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Professor and friends play a game of commander, where The Professor uses the most obnoxious commander possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5LnNtkWAY&hd=1

I like these videos because they explain each card and play they make, so I don't need to have encyclopedic knowledge of 25,000 different magic cards over the last 30 years

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

TeamFourStar uploaded all DBZA clips that were made for Totally Not Mark's review of the Buu saga, which is perhaps the closest thing we're ever gonna get for a full abridged series of said saga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpszGl2cl_k&t=55s

Also here's the review in two parts. Haven't watched it myself yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJizHx9G3uQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju2W0Snbm8Y

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Captain Invictus posted:

The Professor and friends play a game of commander, where The Professor uses the most obnoxious commander possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5LnNtkWAY&hd=1

I like these videos because they explain each card and play they make, so I don't need to have encyclopedic knowledge of 25,000 different magic cards over the last 30 years

Meanwhile in YGO let me explain to you why your card 'missed the timing' because of one innocuous word in the text.

Anyway Chip and Ironicus do something oldschool for their KH LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dv_ph_85T0

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Genthil posted:

TeamFourStar uploaded all DBZA clips that were made for Totally Not Mark's review of the Buu saga, which is perhaps the closest thing we're ever gonna get for a full abridged series of said saga.

Also here's the review in two parts. Haven't watched it myself yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJizHx9G3uQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju2W0Snbm8Y

while i'm happy we got something instead of nothing, i'm still confused why tfs decided to quit at the buu saga. i mean, i heard toei was constantly up their rear end and got their channel shut down multiple times, and okay that's fair they don't want to deal with their repeated bullshit.

.......buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, they didn't stop doing dbz parody work after that. they decided to continue doing so only with original, 3d animated versions. to quote marge simpson: 'isn't that even MORE illegal than what you were doing before?"?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

while i'm happy we got something instead of nothing, i'm still confused why tfs decided to quit at the buu saga. i mean, i heard toei was constantly up their rear end and got their channel shut down multiple times, and okay that's fair they don't want to deal with their repeated bullshit.

.......buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, they didn't stop doing dbz parody work after that. they decided to continue doing so only with original, 3d animated versions. to quote marge simpson: 'isn't that even MORE illegal than what you were doing before?"?

And here's a thing I like to accompany me using the power of Google: Shoutout to General Ironicus for that Time Squad mention on the latest Sex Archie episode. That's a show I thought had vanished into the void for people like Wayside and Eon Kid.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 18, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Genthil posted:

Man this is surreal. Like finding out a show you thought was over five years ago actually put out another seasons.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

okay but that doesn't explain why they're still making original videos based on dbz characters

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

okay but that doesn't explain why they're still making original videos based on dbz characters

This might help a bit more but I don't think it'll cover everything, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNyMvdRANYw&t=2123s

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mr Interweb posted:

Because at the end of the day they're still real life people who need to make money to eat and the thing that makes them the most money by a mile is DBZ adjacent content. I certainly don't fault them for chasing their :10bux:

It must be a really weird space to be in where abridged series are like a 15+ year old artifact of a past eon of the internet while also being the thing you built your entire livelihood around and the only thing that gets you a decent amount of views anymore.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydin posted:

Because at the end of the day they're still real life people who need to make money to eat and the thing that makes them the most money by a mile is DBZ adjacent content. I certainly don't fault them for chasing their :10bux:

It must be a really weird space to be in where abridged series are like a 15+ year old artifact of a past eon of the internet while also being the thing you built your entire livelihood around and the only thing that gets you a decent amount of views anymore.

I know a couple of them tried their hands at being pro voice actors but the problem there is while no, they are not blacklisted, at the same time they are also not professionals nor talented enough to simply swoop in and pick up roles where they live in Texas which is a ridiculously crowded market. Takahata101 seems to be doing okay for himself as a VTuber.

Also while I don't think TFS was ever involved in it, the recent stuff with LittleKuriboh shows how awful the drama in the abridging community could be and I don't blame anybody who takes a step back. An abridged series is also an awful lot of work for not a lot of return since ironically TFS' efforts meant you had to really up your editing and acting game for anybody to pay attention to it, so it's countless hours for something that might get nuked off YouTube at the drop of a hat and it's probably too much effort for a passion project.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

I don't watch the channel and the only abridged I saw was the YGO one back when I was like a teen, but I imagine it's because if they make random unconnected videos and one of them is taken down that doesn't hurt that much whereas if episode 64/78 or whatever of a series is taken down that kind of ruins the whole thing. Also maybe the stuff they do now is less work, if only because they can pick and choose what to make fun of more easily while abridged series have to follow the original order of events, including duds/episodes that are tough to parody.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'm no Buu Saga hater but man it really has that constant feeling of "cool another awesome powerup....oh, that failed...cool another awesome powerup....oh, that failed...another awesome powerup that...fails...oh look Goku wins again, woo."

Also I'm still coming to grips with the fact that Mr. Satan seems to be the commonly accepted name in English nowadays. RIP Hercule.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hail Satan. Honestly the Buu Saga gets pretty repetitive but Satan's relationship with Buu is quite cute and a better use for Satan than in the Cell Games. He's better at being a good person than he is at being a blowhard.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Laura Crone did a 3½ hour therapy session on thrillers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPrbBk93Og

It also contains some musings about art, as it seems almost required for video essays of this type to have.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm no Buu Saga hater but man it really has that constant feeling of "cool another awesome powerup....oh, that failed...cool another awesome powerup....oh, that failed...another awesome powerup that...fails...oh look Goku wins again, woo."

To be fair Cell saga was the same way. Vegeta getting super saiyan, Piccolo fusing with Kami, everybody's spirit and time training besides Gohan's, etc.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Idk the big difference in gohan being the new generation to put a stop to this and be the new protag felt better than him making the same mistakes and all the new generations getting punked.

Also we didn't have Chris brown style beating a woman.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I was specifically talking about the conga line of useless powerups, which to be fair is pretty much just how Z rolls. All the humans training for the Saiyans to arrive so Napa can clown on them, Gohan and Krillin getting their power bullshitted up by Guru so they can almost lose a 2v1 against loving Guldo, etc. Special shout out to Piccolo who has two fusions, both of which don't even allow him to win one fight: after Nail he sorta puts up a fight against Frieza's second form then jobs to the third, and after Kami he fights Cell to a stalemate, fights 17 to a stalemate, then gets owned by Cell and proceeds to be completely irrelevant power-levels wise for the entire rest of the series (maybe it gets better in Super for him, idk I haven't watch it besides BoG.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
super has 17 using such bold tactics as "attack someone while they're powering up" and "throw a rock at the back of their head" and everyone treats them like forbidden sorcery

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gohan's unequaled potential has been a big idea since the very start of Z/Part 2/whatever. Having it finally drawn out, absolutely all of it, and then, uh-oh , he's utterly irrelevant and now it's up to Goku and Vegeta and then just Goku to save the day - save the day with a technique which has never, ever worked - was some unbelievably bad writing.

Just end the series with Cell Saga, IMO.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sydin posted:

I was specifically talking about the conga line of useless powerups, which to be fair is pretty much just how Z rolls. All the humans training for the Saiyans to arrive so Napa can clown on them, Gohan and Krillin getting their power bullshitted up by Guru so they can almost lose a 2v1 against loving Guldo, etc. Special shout out to Piccolo who has two fusions, both of which don't even allow him to win one fight: after Nail he sorta puts up a fight against Frieza's second form then jobs to the third, and after Kami he fights Cell to a stalemate, fights 17 to a stalemate, then gets owned by Cell and proceeds to be completely irrelevant power-levels wise for the entire rest of the series (maybe it gets better in Super for him, idk I haven't watch it besides BoG.)

See, this is why Freeza is my most hated Z villain. Cell and Buu both had to work for their power-ups. Cell was actually weaker than Kamicollo and had to run away and get stronger. Majin Buu was weaker than Gohan so he had to scheme to absorb SSJ3 Gotenks.

With Freeza, every time he's losing, "another transformation!" Or, when he's out of those, "I was only using [insert number here]% of my full power!" Freeza is literally 1,000x stronger than his second-in-command so he could just keep digging and digging and digging. Nothing interesting happened, he'd just say "I'm stronger now" and he was.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sydin posted:

(maybe it gets better in Super for him, idk I haven't watch it besides BoG.)

You'd probably love the last movie. I definitely did for reasons related to some of what your post covered.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Sydin posted:

agreed with all this except for the saiyan saga. there weren't really any bullshit powerups there at least (well unless you count goku pulling off a kai-o-ken x4 when his body was already thrashed from using kai-o-ken x3 twice)

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Also I'm still coming to grips with the fact that Mr. Satan seems to be the commonly accepted name in English nowadays. RIP Hercule.

In addition to all that, here's a possible hot take: I might be one of the few people who thought the Vegeta sacrifice scene was actually really stupid, and have always thought so. don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with the idea of having a scene where Vegeta sacrifices himself, demonstrating how much he's grown and changed throughout the series and all that stuff. what I took great issue with however, was that Vegeta decides to sacrifice himself at that particular moment and who he does it against.

Vegeta kills himself to take down this big, fat, stupid rubber demon thing that has the mind of a child that he otherwise has absolutely no connection to. Vegeta has known Buu for all of five minutes, four of which he spent getting his rear end kicked by him. yes we know that buu is extremely dangerous and a significant threat. but he just woke up and technically he hasn't even done anything evil yet. there's absolutely no emotional weight to this scene otherwise. it's not like if he fought Frieza or Cell or hell even somebody like 18, even she would have provided Vegeta more of a personal connection. But buu does absolutely none of these things and given how genuinely stupid of a character he is, at least in his initial form it further detracts from the seriousness of the scene and takes away much of its impact. Vegeta sacrificing himself maybe in the final fight with Kid Buu that would have worked a lot better as by this point buu had killed everybody on the planet including Vegeta's family and thus he would have far more of a reason to be willing to sacrifice himself to defeat him.

with that being said I still prefer the Buu saga over the cell Saga :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Most powerups in DBZ don't mean much from a big picture perspective, it's true, but at least there is a progression of villains. The problem with the Buu saga is that once Babidi bites it there is literally no one else on the bad guy side other than various stages of Buu. This is a problem that's kinda repeated with Freeza and Perfect Cell, but the Buu saga is so long I think the stretch with Super Buu is literally straight up longer than either of those.