Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I do enjoy tooling around the island listening to the beats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Given the amount of systems, and the amount of planets within them with drinkable water and breathable atmospheres, many of which seem even better for settlement than Akila and Jemison, the limit to three settled systems is absolute lunacy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Frosted Flake posted:

Given the amount of systems, and the amount of planets within them with drinkable water and breathable atmospheres, many of which seem even better for settlement than Akila and Jemison, the limit to settled systems is absolute lunacy.

if you're using a 1000 ton freighter to make a video game, it's good to have limits set early on

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

if you're using a 1000 ton freighter to make a video game, it's good to have limits set early on

Also, if there are only 3 systems (or is it planets) per government, how the gently caress do people have Irish accents or whatever? There's not enough regions for regional dialects to exist.

I keep running into Space Russians, Space Irish, whatever and it makes no sense how they wouldn't have homogenized their dialects into speaking like cowboys in the FC or American Coastal Liberal Voice Actor in the UC.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Aww gently caress, I can't find my old vita.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Also, if there are only 3 systems (or is it planets) per government, how the gently caress do people have Irish accents or whatever? There's not enough regions for regional dialects to exist.

I keep running into Space Russians, Space Irish, whatever and it makes no sense how they wouldn't have homogenized their dialects into speaking like cowboys in the FC or American Coastal Liberal Voice Actor in the UC.

pretend it's 30 planets per government and you're only allowed to land on 3 of them if it makes you happy, no AAA video game is ever going to understand space or politics or space politics

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

i don't know why i never played deus ex before but this game is great 10/10 i got yelled at by my boss for walking into the women's bathroom

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SomethingBeautiful posted:

i don't know why i never played deus ex before but this game is great 10/10 i got yelled at by my boss for walking into the women's bathroom

doing that you get a reputation for the rest of the game as someone who creeps the women's bathroom and all the female unatco employees are wary of you when you talk to them

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

doing that you get a reputation for the rest of the game as someone who creeps the women's bathroom and all the female unatco employees are wary of you when you talk to them

wow. woke much???

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jazerus posted:

wow. woke much???

it's poo poo like this that gives those parisian fucks in the illuminati the upper hand

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ziasquinn posted:

otoh, cyberpunk 2077 is insanely sick in VR

lol what kind of insane graphics card do you need to push this

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Buck Wildman posted:

should give me a promotion for it tbh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

by the 24th century, the plastic paddys have finally worked up the courage to fake the accent too

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

want me some space borscht gotta know what they use instead of beets

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I didn't have the itch to try this game until I learned chef was a class choice

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

want me some space borscht gotta know what they use instead of beets

i'm not going to tell you why, but you might want to consider carrying space borscht on you at all times, just in case

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

starfield owns

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

in space no one can hear you sour cream

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

mod the mgs3 fork into starfield so you can eat sandwiches or people or whatever by stabbing them

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

floating towards the pirate base, drawing my space cleaver as the airlock hisses open. everyone and everything inside shall become delicious, I swear it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
suprised nobody has hacked vr into starfield

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Frosted Flake posted:

maybe you forgot how big planets are

we only have one and there are all the dialects

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat bg3.
game should have ended at moonrise tower but act 3 wasnt that bad or anything. just everyone was an obstacle to finishing the game rather than an interesting character by that point.
9/10 would get mad at the ui again sometime when they do a definitive ed.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat bg3.
game should have ended at moonrise tower but act 3 wasnt that bad or anything. just everyone was an obstacle to finishing the game rather than an interesting character by that point.
9/10 would get mad at the ui again sometime when they do a definitive ed.

act 3 was as good as the rest but still went on too long imo. they really wanted to show off the city

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm really enjoying BG3 but am also feeling impatient for it to end, it's the kind of game I'd usually do at least two playthroughs of but I dunno if I have the endurance for it in me given the other games I still want to play and the complete lack of time I have for them these days

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I haven't even beat the game but moonrise felt like a climax to the original story premise with act 3 starting off as the stakes are even higher!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The stakes are that the plot just poo poo out three new dumbass villains and needs to come up with a quick way to make me give a gently caress about any of them.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

another day another ng+.. don't even know anymore, game stops tracking after awhile

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Take a look at Paradiso. It is "independent," meaning they have to provide their own defense. BUT they also have a "charter" signed by both the UC and FC recognizing that parent corp owns the planet. Okay.

Say the game was written by people who didn't suck dick and the player was given an option to help the Colony Ship invade and conquer Paradiso with the aid of the oppressed workers on that planet. What then? What value is the charter? Are the UC and FC going to send their militaries to reinstall Paradiso corp? If they are, then what is the value of independence? What are the UC or the FC doing if they end up paying protection costs on a system that isn't theirs?

The guys at the Paradiso board meeting already mention Neon as a place they don't want to compete with, but you just know Benjamin Bayu wouldn't think twice about "legally" annexing or getting a controlling interest in the place to expand his profits since he essentially has a stranglehold on entertainment and leisure. If that happens are the FC ostensibly in charge of the planet, letting the UC now say they're in breach of the treaty again?

Every single thing involving the treaty just screams "this is a horrible idea because there's no external entity evaluating and enforcing it's charter", as seen in the Vanguard questline.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

another day another ng+.. don't even know anymore, game stops tracking after awhile

gettin sent to the lands between because i smoked some of that faded erdtree flower and now im riding around torrenting while i study/relax

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1704004032556077442

Oblivion and Fallout 3???

Everything's coming up Bethesda!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1704004032556077442

Oblivion and Fallout 3???

Everything's coming up Bethesda!!!

gotta be honest, that sounds mind numbingly boring and i have exactly zero interest in an oblivion or fo3 "remaster". easily the worst bgs games

seriously who the gently caress is excited for an fo3 remaster to plunk down $70 buying it??

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

an obsidian remaster is a perfect opportunity for bethesda to right their wrongs and make cyrodil a jungle

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

turn off the TV posted:

an obsidian remaster is a perfect opportunity for bethesda to right their wrongs and make cyrodil a jungle
so you're saying obsidian should do the oblivion remaster? :hmmyes:

though they probably won't put the Pillars 2 team on it, which is a shame.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
AAA is due for another Atari crackup.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

turn off the TV posted:

uhhh yeah that's not happenin'

its gunna be this but for generic grass plains

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

uhhh yeah that's not happenin'

its gunna be this but for generic grass plains

makes me lol every time

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

really not sure what they could do with oblivion and fallout 3 besides possibly loving up the art direction with new textures. there's engine features (the framework for skills and stats mainly) in those games that have been removed in the next revision of the engine.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
just having a game that I can hit "Install" on Steam and have it run as-is-where-is out-of-the-box with no modding or config fiddling would be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000 posted:

just having a game that I can hit "Install" on Steam and have it run as-is-where-is out-of-the-box with no modding or config fiddling would be nice
but even with 900 mods carefully curated in a meticulous mod-load order to ensure it doesn't crash at launch, they aren't worth playing (especially fo3) in 2024.