Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And literally yelled at his engineers until they worked all-night on christmas to implement his stupid idea they'd already told him wouldn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Yeah, Vercingetorix yoinked J. Caesar around for a while, but then was paraded in the Forum in shackles and choked to death. What's the zinger here?

Also confused on this

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Szechwan posted:

I have an 80 year old South African neighbour who loves electric cars and he loving hates Elon too.

A few years ago when I moved in I cracked a joke about his "countryman" he scowled and said, "do you know anything about the area Elon is from? It is full of incredible racists and I will bet money that if he hasn't shown it yet, it will come out soon enough."

The Dollop on Elon Musk drops publically tomorrow. Musk's grandpa was a technofascist who moved from the US to Canada to South Africa after being unsatisfied with how not racist and not fascist the countries were.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Dorsey was recently bullied off Bluesky and deleted his account so that is a feather in bsky's cap

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

sad question posted:

Dorsey was recently bullied off Bluesky and deleted his account so that is a feather in bsky's cap

He wasn’t bullied off, he never even posted to begin with. Which just makes it funnier.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Lone Badger posted:

And literally yelled at his engineers until they worked all-night on christmas to implement his stupid idea they'd already told him wouldn't work.

I seriously don't get why anyone would work for any of his companies. There are lots of really good engineering jobs where you don't have to be screamed at during your holiday by a swollen boer.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Oh. That was the impression I got from everyone celebrating like at the end of Return of the Jedi

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sad question posted:

You can't say this and not share the whole story... :suspense:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I would also want to know the story.

Were people just posting his tweet about how Elon would be good for Twitter until he had a mental breakdown?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

priznat posted:

I seriously don't get why anyone would work for any of his companies. There are lots of really good engineering jobs where you don't have to be screamed at during your holiday by a swollen boer.

I think someone mentioned in this thread that they get a lot of good young engineers for space X as there just isn't that many jobs where you get to design space rockets, but the company just has massive turn over as musk is an idiot who thinks getting everyone to work crazy hours is the way you get good engineering done.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

JustCallMeDC posted:

Bruh, did he seriously try to fix an engine with loving glue?

"innovative idea" :lmao: You get away with so much bullshit if you have enough money.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The Lone Badger posted:

yeah but he was innovating and you're a peasant so basically never doubt billionaires, they earned that money the hard way: forcing people to work on dumb bullshit on Christmas because the word "no" hurts his feelings

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Samovar posted:

Were people just posting his tweet about how Elon would be good for Twitter until he had a mental breakdown?

Sadly that’s all we know. He just deleted his inactive account at night randomly, and I don’t think he’s said why.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Samovar posted:

@Jack set up Bluesky with the intent of it being a cryptobro libertarian paradise replacement for Twitter, only to realize too late because he subsists on only soup broth and has a very small brain that Twitter still is and is in fact even more a crytopbro libertarian paradise now that it's Elon's personal Pee Wee's Play House than it was under Dorsey's inept rule. So all the people who flocked to Bluesky were non-Nazi Twitter refugees like really cool lefitsts and furry artists and non-furry artists, and just the general non-chud internet public who just gave up on Twitter (and Threads) and ceded it to Elon and his Nazi crew.

Dorsey then got mad that he found himself swimming in a still relatively small pool full of fish that hate him and that he hated as well instead of what he thought would be his ideological peers (again, all of whom are still on Twitter because Jack Dorsey is also a Nazi). So @Jack deleted his Bluesky account in a huff and hosed off to someone else's alt-tech Twitter replacement and now resides there while both of the sites he built were like :byewhore:

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

nine-gear crow posted:

@Jack set up Bluesky with the intent of it being a cryptobro libertarian paradise replacement for Twitter, only to realize too late because he subsists on only soup broth and has a very small brain that Twitter still is and is in fact even more a crytopbro libertarian paradise now that it's Elon's personal Pee Wee's Play House than it was under Dorsey's inept rule. So all the people who flocked to Bluesky were non-Nazi Twitter refugees like really cool lefitsts and furry artists and non-furry artists, and just the general non-chud internet public who just gave up on Twitter (and Threads) and ceded it to Elon and his Nazi crew.

Dorsey then got mad that he found himself swimming in a still relatively small pool full of fish that hate him and that he hated as well instead of what he thought would be his ideological peers (again, all of whom are still on Twitter because Jack Dorsey is also a Nazi). So @Jack deleted his Bluesky account in a huff and hosed off to someone else's alt-tech Twitter replacement and now resides there while both of the sites he built were like :byewhore:

Okay never mind, that’s my head canon from now on. :lmao:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

JustCallMeDC posted:

Okay never mind, that’s my head canon from now on. :lmao:

Bear in mind, this is what I've heard from other people who actually use Bluesky, so it might be true or it might not. I don't care because Jack Dorsey can go gently caress himself into oblivion.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

priznat posted:

A lot of people just don't pay attention this kinda stuff, in the regular peoples world Elon is just some tech dude that makes cars and rockets and it have made him incredibly rich so he has to be good at it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

priznat posted:

swollen boer

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Its just as likely that Jack Dorsey has been on some insufferable tech-hippy retreat for the past several months

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm not Elon Musk

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Unlucky7 posted:

So has Elon actually invented anything? I am willing give him the benefit of the doubt about him being a decent engineer.

He's not even a poo poo engineer, let alone a decent one.

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt for anything, what the Christ.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He has programmed a galaga clone and I think that's the extent of his engineering credentials. The guys in PayPal and zip2 kept having to reverse his code because they were so bad

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Roblo posted:

He's not even a poo poo engineer, let alone a decent one.

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt for anything, what the Christ.

Sounds like you don't know how to appreciate the genius of four bolts instead of six.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He has programmed a galaga clone and I think that's the extent of his engineering credentials. The guys in PayPal and zip2 kept having to reverse his code because they were so bad

Letting typists call themselves engineers was one of humanities greatest mistakes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Letting typists call themselves engineers was one of humanities greatest mistakes.

At my university a lot of the struggling engineering students in 3rd year realized they had enough credits to graduate with a comp sci degree by that point which says a lot really.

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)
What if blackrock didn't exist

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dorsey posted that Bluesky was going in the wrong direction before deleting his account.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

SimonChris posted:

Dorsey posted that Bluesky was going in the wrong direction before deleting his account.

:lmao:
*Bitcoin gets mocked*
“THIS WEBSITE HAS FAILED!”

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah it should also be noted none of the crypto bros like @jack, they consider him someone trying to chase a trend way too late and cringe

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Nobody on bsky likes the crypto bros either, which is great because the dev team were counting on the crypto bro audience lmao

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He has some credit on some really lovely Sega CD games based on movies that all play the same

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I feel conflicted about the paywall thing. Yes, it’s a bad business decision in context, and it’s fun to laugh at Musk for being an idiot. But I’d take a modern internet where consumers directly pay (small) amounts for their services rather than the garbage that is the ad-supported internet. If Musk went further and said they were introducing the paywall and getting rid of advertising, I’d actually be happy that some large tech company was trying this, even if it’d likely fail.

Of course, he’ll introduce a paywall and still advertise, so it’ll be the worst of both worlds.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Low birth rates are only a problem for capitalists. For everyone else it's a massive quality of life improvement.

I wish this were true, but we’re all benefiting (although to very different degrees) from the intergenerational Ponzi scheme structure of our economy and public realm. Our (failing) public services and (dim) prospects of retirement are completely reliant on Number Going Up, and that includes the people number.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
We all paid at least 10 bucks to be here. I can't think of many other websites I'd pay for. Especially not a rolling subscription

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'd pay for a website that would smite all my enemies for me.

Cos I'm super lazy and all.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
It’s hard to imagine sites worth paying for because they have been enshittified by ads and the product design choices incentivised by that business model.

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've got two codes for this app called bluesky

bsky-social-xcxky-5j63a

bsky-social-pgxll-3u2vu

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There's a thread for that!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

malder posted:

bsky-social-pgxll-3u2vu

snagged this one thanks!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Nobody on bsky likes the crypto bros either, which is great because the dev team were counting on the crypto bro audience lmao

They didn't realize that the audience for cryptocurrency was the cryptofascists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Meta stealing your data for its AI? Prove it.

Wee fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 19, 2023