Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

VictualSquid posted:

What does Volt actually want as a party? I never managed to figure it out.

Last time I checked in the Wahlomat they were identical do Linke, except they liked more Parteispenden. It was the last Europawahl I think.

I'm also not too well informed but from what I picked up I think they want to exterminate the jewish people?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Volt are pro-EU liberals. Imagine an FDP with less of the institutional brain worms, but also with less conviction and with a bunch of weirdos who cling to newly formed parties and who either get purged or sink the party. (See also: Piratenpartei)

I will readily admit that I don't view them particularly charitably. I can't take them seriously.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

I guess she tried to go for the old Lafo quote.

"Helmut Schmidt spricht weiter von Pflichtgefühl, Berechenbarkeit, Machbarkeit, Standhaftigkeit. [...] Das sind Sekundärtugenden. Ganz präzis gesagt: Damit kann man auch ein KZ betreiben." - 15. Juli 1982 im STERN zur Diskussion um den NATO-Doppelbeschluss (hier: gekürztes BILD-Zitat)

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

chadbear posted:

I guess she tried to go for the old Lafo quote.

"Helmut Schmidt spricht weiter von Pflichtgefühl, Berechenbarkeit, Machbarkeit, Standhaftigkeit. [...] Das sind Sekundärtugenden. Ganz präzis gesagt: Damit kann man auch ein KZ betreiben." - 15. Juli 1982 im STERN zur Diskussion um den NATO-Doppelbeschluss (hier: gekürztes BILD-Zitat)

yeah its it's exactly this lol. no one is "handing it" to the nazis ffs

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/StellaBugatti/status/1703406568828502482?t=cTNtmiib0QRWAfeuAM5-Hg&s=19

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Volt are pro-EU liberals. Imagine an FDP with less of the institutional brain worms, but also with less conviction and with a bunch of weirdos who cling to newly formed parties and who either get purged or sink the party. (See also: Piratenpartei)

I will readily admit that I don't view them particularly charitably. I can't take them seriously.

Based on Volt's Wahlslogans, they're a joke party, just not a very funny one.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

What if bitcoin but eu

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bitceun

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

köstliches bitcuel

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
köstliches bitbuerger

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Yeah ill have a Bitburger, extra cheese, large fries, and a diet pepsi max

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A bit burger? About time, 12 ist lange durch und Essen steht immer noch nicht auf dem Tisch. Was sind denn das für Zustände? Wo kommen wir denn dann hin?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Cheeseburger Lars Dietrich

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Re: Gundel Gaukeley,

thanks for the responses! Yeah I pronounced it Gaukeley with an 'english' -ey at the end for 40 years, and just a few days ago I stared and the word and thought... what if pronounced Gaukelei???. Happy to see it wasn't too outlandish of an idea.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
So apparently, in stark contrast to the news propagating the Impfstart, Hausärzte didn't get the new vaccine today. Was told that 6th of October would be the first possible vaccination date.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, my doc said to ask after I am back from holiday at the start of October.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/archiert1/status/1703651119455404186?s=20

and I thouhgt cheerleaders were weird

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Stamina not impressive

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Looking forward to the next aber Sie sind doch keine Risikogruppe chat with my Hausärztin when I’m dropping by for my flu and Covid shot

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

The good old days of having proper Kutten and a big old Laufbahn in every stadium. :allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

InappropriateJazz posted:

thanks for the responses! Yeah I pronounced it Gaukeley with an 'english' -ey at the end for 40 years, and just a few days ago I stared and the word and thought... what if pronounced Gaukelei???. Happy to see it wasn't too outlandish of an idea.

Just be glad you didn't honestly believe "Duck kommt von ducken" for years, like uh... a certain person I know

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

InappropriateJazz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56KcUKGSleg

Can't get more authoritative than Disney itself. It's the German pronunciation. 40 years of shame.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I mean Gaukelei also had an alternate spelling of Gaukeley in old pre-Duden times so it's a pretty clear case. Next question: club or Klub?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

elbkaida posted:

Next question: club or Klub?

Caylob!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Zlub

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

elbkaida posted:

I mean Gaukelei also had an alternate spelling of Gaukeley in old pre-Duden times so it's a pretty clear case. Next question: club or Klub?

Verein.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

elbkaida posted:

French pronunciation: Klöb

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eezee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56KcUKGSleg

Can't get more authoritative than Disney itself. It's the German pronunciation. 40 years of shame.

Disney is so lovely you should always ignore them on everything, though. Them saying one thing is basically them authoritatively stating the exact opposite is true.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Glubb obv

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Tarquinn posted:

French pronunciation: Klöb
?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Yeah all you guys who can't pronounce gaukeley have clearly never been to a mittelalter-spectaculum.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
there's klimakleber everywhere in berlin all the time now lol, and so many brains are being broken. you love to see it!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pidan posted:

Yeah all you guys who can't pronounce gaukeley have clearly never been to a mittelalter-spectaculum.

And why should they, the Mittelalter is long since over.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Bielefeld??? I don't believe in Bielefeld!

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
So, 10 badly AI generated pictures and a picture of Bielefeld? German youtube in a nutshell.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Nicht die Würmer

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

can anyone tell which is which?

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

nawilo_420 posted:

there's klimakleber everywhere in berlin all the time now lol, and so many brains are being broken. you love to see it!

Well, would you hazard a guess which parties broken brains tend to vote for?

Don‘t get me wrong, the reactions to LG are overblown (and instrumentalized) but I don‘t quite understand the goal here because the reaction is kinda predictable.

That said, Bavaria is broken beyond repair. People will vote CSU no matter what. Even if their actions in the past decades directly contradict their sensibilities of personal responsibility and pride in Germany. It‘s simply the easy vote. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

bedroht mich nicht mit einer guten Zeit