Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

mycot posted:

The phone number is still the same, but I'm not sure if I ever actually linked it to the account. I'll shoot a customer support email.

Logically it's not a big deal and I should probably just start over, I never got a single 5 star so that shows how little progress the account actually achieved. I'm most annoyed at myself for not being able to remember the email, it's so familiar but nothing is pulling up :sweatdrop:

if you still remember all the details within your account you might have a chance. dunno how mihoyo's support is like but many of the gacha games I know ask you a bunch of questions like what characters you have and what levels they are at, what weapons/skills they have, who is on your friends list, receipts if you bought premium currency, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I spent 5 dollars and bought an AR20 account with Tighnari+Ayato+Diluc+Keqing on it five months ago. Have been using it to skip dailies to force achievements. If I were starting an account now I'd consider it but if you don't care don't bother ofc.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 19, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah if you wanna restart id just buy an account. you can get starter accounts with a ton of rolls on them and basically no content done for like 5 bucks. and ive never seen anyone get banned for it unless they emailed mihoyo going 'hello, i bought this account'

Kale
May 14, 2010

So one of the leaks which would seem decently far out yet I wholeheartedly believe for one specific reason is that the main event in 4.3 will be some sort of dance party and the reason I believe this one is because the leaked character list for it so far is The usual suspects Cyno, Collei, Ayaka and Ayato, but no Eula or Nilou leaving the only character we've actually seen dance at all as Ayaka.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wtf Nilou is like 5 miles away! Just get Nilou!

THE PEOPLE LIKE NILOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What was Ayato's last event appearance? The bullying xingqiu book fair?

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

What was Ayato's last event appearance? The bullying xingqiu book fair?

3.3 with the breakout game and Yokai he showed up at the very end since he was technically part of the planning commitee. I dont believe he was in the 3.7 TCG tournament in Inazuma but Ayaka was.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

No Wave posted:

I spent 5 dollars and bought an AR20 account with Tighnari+Ayato+Diluc+Keqing on it five months ago. Have been using it to skip dailies to force achievements. If I were starting an account now I'd consider it but if you don't care don't bother ofc.
If anyone's starting a new account now wouldn't be the worst time to do it (Altho a few weeks back when the free Bennett was around would have been the peak). 20~ pulls for the standard beginner stuff and in a few weeks another ~20 free pulls for the anniversary so you're bound to get your first 5* in under a month as long as you're playing pretty regularly.

My sister just started last week and got an absolute steal of her first beginner 5* banner with Jean and XQ

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

No Wave posted:

Endorph posted:

yeah if you wanna restart id just buy an account. you can get starter accounts with a ton of rolls on them and basically no content done for like 5 bucks. and ive never seen anyone get banned for it unless they emailed mihoyo going 'hello, i bought this account'

Tampa Bae posted:

If anyone's starting a new account now wouldn't be the worst time to do it (Altho a few weeks back when the free Bennett was around would have been the peak). 20~ pulls for the standard beginner stuff and in a few weeks another ~20 free pulls for the anniversary so you're bound to get your first 5* in under a month as long as you're playing pretty regularly.

My sister just started last week and got an absolute steal of her first beginner 5* banner with Jean and XQ

That makes me feel a little better about starting over. I'm not against the idea of buying an account for cheating reasons, but a bunch of characters with minimal content completion is kind of the opposite of what I want. Ideally I could save my story/sidequest/pity progress (and this is more shamefully lizard brained but being able to get a specific character at will sort of defeats the point of gacha for me. It's kind of like letting the dog catch the car.)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

mycot posted:

That makes me feel a little better about starting over. I'm not against the idea of buying an account for cheating reasons, but a bunch of characters with minimal content completion is kind of the opposite of what I want. Ideally I could save my story/sidequest/pity progress (and this is more shamefully lizard brained but being able to get a specific character at will sort of defeats the point of gacha for me. It's kind of like letting the dog catch the car.)
Yeah if you start right now you can start pulling for Zhongli who's one of the absolute best shielders/supports in the game, next week there's Venti who has kinda been pushed out of vogue but is still really strong, then maybe 6 weeks from now there's another Archon coming out so there's lot of options to spend all those rolls on and it'll take months before you ever even catch up to the content that's rolling out right now.

plus I think next patch has two of the "must-have" 4*s on it too if you're willing to roll on a Venti or tall hydro guy (Those two being one of the best off-field electro characters and the best 4* hydro support and every single team comp you see online will prob have one of them)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tree Reformat posted:

i miiiiight make a try for a 50/50 on venti, if i end up with enough excess by his banner. otherwise, i'm just waiting for furina, especially since i've stopped welkins and i'm gonna need to skrimp if i want her and the (probable) new Lantern Rite 5*.

If you've stopped welkins, I'd just save everything for Furina. I really consider welkins the minimal investment to keep playing. You really do get skimpy character picks without it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you've stopped welkins, I'd just save everything for Furina. I really consider welkins the minimal investment to keep playing. You really do get skimpy character picks without it.
I don't know, I kind of like being Free 2 Play now, it's like a pokemon Nuzlocke run and I have a lot more fun cycling out characters once they hit Friendship 10 and figuring out new groups to work with. Keeps the game kind of fresh and engaging when you don't have a Ganyu or Raiden helping you one-shot everything.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Once you e played long enough Welkin isn’t really needed since you just don’t need new characters anymore. The game isn’t hard, they have made it clear they will never make it hard, and if you have certain characters then all others are basically optional. That said, new characters means new gameplay and a game like this lives on novelty. But I think calling Welkin the minimum really depends on the person and isn’t a constant.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

rio posted:

Once you e played long enough Welkin isn’t really needed since you just don’t need new characters anymore. The game isn’t hard, they have made it clear they will never make it hard, and if you have certain characters then all others are basically optional. That said, new characters means new gameplay and a game like this lives on novelty. But I think calling Welkin the minimum really depends on the person and isn’t a constant.
There's whales, sharks, and guppies in this game. The Whales are the people who want to flex and show how they can down all new content in 8 seconds or less. There's Dolphins who will spend a lot to just collect the characters they like, whether it be because of strength of vanity, then there's guppies who spend little to nothing on the game because they just enjoy swimming around.

I wanna be the guppy, I want to spend 20 hours collecting chests over two weeks because I think it's a fun game and I don't care about finishing every floor on the abyss, I just like the characters and settings enough to play 30 minutes to two hours a day. So what if it takes me over 10 minutes to beat the wolf boss

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tampa Bae posted:

Yeah if you start right now you can start pulling for Zhongli who's one of the absolute best shielders/supports in the game, next week there's Venti who has kinda been pushed out of vogue but is still really strong, then maybe 6 weeks from now there's another Archon coming out so there's lot of options to spend all those rolls on and it'll take months before you ever even catch up to the content that's rolling out right now.

plus I think next patch has two of the "must-have" 4*s on it too if you're willing to roll on a Venti or tall hydro guy (Those two being one of the best off-field electro characters and the best 4* hydro support and every single team comp you see online will prob have one of them)

oh wow, i thought he was second half for some reason. yeah, sorry wine bard, gotta pass on you again, maybe next year natlan's lineup will be poo poo enough i'll be able to grab you and pyro archon?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tree Reformat posted:

oh wow, i thought he was second half for some reason. yeah, sorry wine bard, gotta pass on you again, maybe next year natlan's lineup will be poo poo enough i'll be able to grab you and pyro archon?
Oh, no you were right. Next week is Water Man + Hu Tao, after that is Ice Man + Venti. But the first half does have the good 4* characters on it

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The Neuvillette banner seems insanely good for a new account. Good 4* in general, with two you absolutely want constellations on, and as a self-sufficient hydro unit he should have a lot of value when your account is otherwise only rocking Barbara.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Reformat posted:

Venti is now the only Archon I don't have, and tbh I'm pretty okay with it. I can't see myself replacing Sucrose or Kazuha with him

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Shinji2015 posted:

Venti is now the only Archon I don't have, and tbh I'm pretty okay with it. I can't see myself replacing Sucrose or Kazuha with him

Yeah, if you have Kazuha and Sucrose (which I do as well), he's easily the most skippable archon, I just want to have the complete set, I guess.

I like the buddy gods better than the rear end in a top hat diplomats, I suppose.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I like combining Venti and Kazuha in events that are just about killing hordes of lovely respawning dudes but I use Kazuha way more otherwise. Also Nilou can kind of just do that job now too.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The problem with Venti is that he either completely trivializes content or he just doesn't work at all with almost no middle-ground whatsoever. When he works, he's unbelievably busted. And it doesn't help that an example of content he doesn't work at all in is all bosses.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Finished Neuvi monster prefarming, surprisingly only took a few days. Can't remember the last time I bothered with this for a character, and it's even with the kind of annoying water combat where I have to massacre cute things. Hopefully they added enough specialty items that he can be maxed after only waiting for one 2-day cycle.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I've had Venti as a mainstay of my party from the jump, I like the utility against mobs but also his elemental skill is great when I need to go up a really tall cliff. Beam me up, wind boy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I swear one route of Kaveh's hangout is longer than the entire plans for some of them. Like 90 minute session last night and I managed to complete only 3 of the 5 endings.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If there was a toggle for Venti's burst infusions, I'd have him in my Wanderer team.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
The 4.2 leaks floating around on Reddit and Tieba have sure been :psyduck:

Both for plot and for metaness

Not sure I like where Mihoyo is taking things

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It's not where I wanted things to go, but at least it's not exactly what I was expecting?

I mean of course the way I wanted things to go is Celestia nuking Fontaine with a nail.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I prefer to see things play out in games or shows before pre-bitching or doomposting, but not very online myself.

e: Man are the people on that leaks sub reddit still loving stupid as poo poo

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 21, 2023

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Chucked 10 into the standard banner just because I have a couple dozen standard wishes gathering dust and got Dori C4.

+50% incoming to characters under 50% health and +30% energy recharge to characters under 50% burst is a pretty awesome buff.

Still no clue how to setup a team with Dori unfortunately. Taking suggestions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember when scaramouche's entire personality and design was going to change to the point he wascompletely unrecognizable

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Chucked 10 into the standard banner just because I have a couple dozen standard wishes gathering dust and got Dori C4.

+50% incoming to characters under 50% health and +30% energy recharge to characters under 50% burst is a pretty awesome buff.

Still no clue how to setup a team with Dori unfortunately. Taking suggestions.
unfortunately if you want dori to do damage you really need her c6. if she's c6 you can run her as a jank keqing that provides her own healing/energy regen, and shes actually pretty okay.

outside of that her best role is probably on spread alhaitham teams. think something like alhaitham/dori/nahida/lisa or fischl or beidou.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Why would you read 4.2 plot spoilers, and get self-owned about a story thats not releasing for 2 months. When you could instead be following everybudy's favorite new piece of serialized media: Furina's kit, Part __

hmmm, so she gives percentile buffs to somebody's something based on stacks based on healing or maybe dying, very epic. also she kills you a lot or maybe a little. there might be a crab (big fan! 👍)

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Some people are supposing that they're doing A/B testing with several different versions of her kit before releasing her into open beta, hence the contradictory info. Who knows if that's not just cope though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they clearly go back and forth on kits, we had art leaks of kirara where she looked exactly the same but had a geo vision

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'm glad they made her dendro because she's a lot of fun to use in my Nilou team.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Another short web event.

https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1705069621492224165?s=20

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So I got around to completing the Melusine quests, and I was not prepared for the larger story implications we get in them, and that the Melusine are creations of a dead cosmic monster. I was expecting something cute and fluffy!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

So I got around to completing the Melusine quests, and I was not prepared for the larger story implications we get in them, and that the Melusine are creations of a dead cosmic monster. I was expecting something cute and fluffy!

The sidequests have all the best :sickos: content and I just desperately await a crumb of that in the msq.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eimi posted:

The sidequests have all the best :sickos: content and I just desperately await a crumb of that in the msq.

I was also not expecting things to tie back to all the information we learned in the quest with that rear end in a top hat diver. These sidequests rule.

I'm probably going to complete the 4.0 msq just to be caught up for 4.1, since I'm in a quest completing mood

Kale
May 14, 2010

On a tear towards the Sumeru/Fontaine border now finishing out the exploration and collecting desert mats along the way. Made it back to Hypostyle desert already. Its all coming together cause I can collect the remaining mats I need for the Sumeru characters I need along the way while getting incidental exploration done. Just gonna use a guide for the remaining Dendroculus probably as its gonna take forever if I try to collect mats for detectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGuCCW4qV7A

Hoyofair was today btw. 2ish hours of fan animations in the video.