Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Monthly sub fees is going to cost him a lot of die-hards. What will be his next move to alienate people who are cool with white supremacy and csam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Mistle posted:

Although they do encrypt their pages to crash your browser if you try to view the source code

What

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

marshalljim posted:

Monthly sub fees is going to cost him a lot of die-hards. What will be his next move to alienate people who are cool with white supremacy and csam?

His die-hards are already paying him $8 a month

If he charges $2 for everyone, it's only going to drive out the rest of the non-diehards

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i only have a twitter account to occasionally read poo poo on twitter bc you need a login to read tweets, if they charge for it i'm out bc lol at paying money to read loving tweets

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sockser posted:

His die-hards are already paying him $8 a month

If he charges $2 for everyone, it's only going to drive out the rest of the non-diehards

he's probably not even thinking about how to punch up the user numbers data once he charges for his website smdh

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

temple posted:

Just start calling it gay rome. Everyone, the history books, media say gay rome. Boom problem solved.

Guys will still think about Rome all the time, but the interpretations will flip.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I was trying to imitate Elon's horrible laugh to myself and I scarily did it perfectly by chuckling like a bloated aristocrat in the same style as Mac and Dennis:

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I heard a quote a while back along the lines, "History isn't written by the victors, it is written by those with pens." Which I interpreted as the duty of even the downtrodden to keep stories alive. Now that I write it out sounds a bit forced, but drat is it more coherent than whatever that blabbleblabble Musk was saying.

Also, wasn't the Western Roman Empire mostly ruled from Milan and Ravenna at the time the Vandals sacked gay Rome?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sadly this monthly fee will probably just be another of his brain facts that he'll hope everyone forgets about in a few days when he does the next crazy thing.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

MrQwerty posted:

he's probably not even thinking about how to punch up

This too.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No, he'll totally remove blocks this week and add sub fees for everyone next week and phone calls the week after and banking the week after

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Christ, the $10 I paid in 2005 for this site is worth $15.72 today. People regging now are paying half of what I did!!!!! JEFFREY OF YOSPOS DO SOMETHING!!!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

this biographical sounds like a great book for those of us that don’t have self esteem; just chapter after chapter of “yeah I’m a gently caress up, but at least I’m not him”

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Total Party Kill posted:

Christ, the $10 I paid in 2005 for this site is worth $15.72 today. People regging now are paying half of what I did!!!!! JEFFREY OF YOSPOS DO SOMETHING!!!

Wait, you didn't get your rebate? Huh. I thought all good posters got it---

Oh. Ah.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I should get a refund for my old 2001 account because it was banned for telling lowtax to gently caress off, and he deserved it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

"Put me in your video game alongside my space elf fashion accessory girlfriend or I'm going to shoot one of you with my musket," says local Ketamine Elemental.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Songbearer posted:

Wait, you didn't get your rebate? Huh. I thought all good posters got it---

Oh. Ah.
As premium members, we should get ad revenue sharing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

540,000,000 x 10.

Lotta billions on the table here?!!

Except of course for all those bots generated from who knows where padding Elon's stats.

This douchebag probably thinks he's a modern Lorenzo Medici just buying his way into authority and prestige. A heap of shame is definitely with the suckups, sycophants and mentally deficient jealous that keep his bullshit narrative afloat.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

"Put me in your video game alongside my space elf fashion accessory girlfriend or I'm going to shoot one of you with my musket," says local Ketamine Elemental.

And I think the mission you get for her was murdering her boyfriend (or covering up the murder? I forget).

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mistle posted:

:lol: As though you can't fake a screenshot or something

Although they do encrypt their pages to crash your browser if you try to view the source code, so at least the code nerds there know what they're doing and are allowed to do it without apartheid intervention.

what. they don't crash your browser if you try to view the facebook website. lmao

edit: "encrypt their pages?"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
bsky-social-7bqn3-nyimg

bsky-social-qhfuj-nmdwn

bsky-social-ejghr-vca63

bsky-social-hb67y-z6pd5

bsky-social-qd7yj-qk3fn

Go hog wild. Follow me if you use one and post good poo poo please

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

*disclaimer* I haven't played Cyberpunk

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Strong Sauce posted:

what. they don't crash your browser if you try to view the facebook website. lmao

edit: "encrypt their pages?"

Next thing you know they're gonna force your computer to broadcast an IP address.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

And I think the mission you get for her was murdering her boyfriend (or covering up the murder? I forget).

The character is Lizzy Wizzy - a singer who has had her entire body replaced with cybernetics and is descending into cyberpsychosis. She kills her manager and you're given the option of covering it up.

It's the most wooden, uninspiring performance I've ever witnessed in a video game, even taking into account she's meant to be mostly-robot.
I just walked away from the quest as I had better things to do in game than listen to painfully bad dialogue.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Renfield posted:

The character is Lizzy Wizzy - a singer who has had her entire body replaced with cybernetics and is descending into cyberpsychosis. She kills her manager and you're given the option of covering it up.

It's the most wooden, uninspiring performance I've ever witnessed in a video game, even taking into account she's meant to be mostly-robot.
I just walked away from the quest as I had better things to do in game than listen to painfully bad dialogue.

yeah its real bad, and I like that game a lot

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Mistle posted:

:lol: As though you can't fake a screenshot or something

Although they do encrypt their pages to crash your browser if you try to view the source code, so at least the code nerds there know what they're doing and are allowed to do it without apartheid intervention.

The screenshot is to prove its worth them going to the effort to check their logs to check why their chat bot is accidentally telling people someone's PII in its responses...

Also "encrypting your pages to crash your browser if you try to view the source code"? I just did that and had no issues whatsoever, what are you on about?

FurtherReading fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 19, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

*disclaimer* I haven't played Cyberpunk

lol they shoved Musk into a dark corner of a public washroom and he only exists to be told to leave.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lol Lizzy Wizzy was Groimes? Yeah that poo poo sucked. I did not help that psycho.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

i didn't make the connection that the dude in that screenshot is musk tho lmao now that I know the story about why he's there lookin like he just got thrown in and gets told to go away

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

priznat posted:

lol Lizzy Wizzy was Groimes? Yeah that poo poo sucked. I did not help that psycho.

grahms

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I should get a refund for my old 2001 account because it was banned for telling lowtax to gently caress off, and he deserved it

take it up with lowtax, bub

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

it is a nice thought that, no matter how rich or influential Elon Musk grows to be, he will forever be a tremendous loser and history is going to reflect that

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

did not know picasso painted a horse's rear end

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Funky See Funky Do posted:

So for social media addicts the choice is between sex weirdos or nazis.

If it was me I'd just pick up smoking but I guess you folks are built differently.

It's 2023. We don't get hung up on people's consensual sexual predilections anymore, and furries have been the most consistently anti fascist (other than the trans community) among the sexual minority communities. God bless them.

EDIT: Blue sky invites taken, it appears

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 19, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

there are way less Nazi juggalos than furries

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

nine-gear crow posted:

Wait, so the Braindances are just another version of Neuralink? In the game Braindances are EXTREMELY dangerous and risky. The game makes them look like the mental equivalent of having unprotected sex with a stripper you just got a dance from. THAT'S what Musk wants his Neuralink to get compared to??

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Wait, so the Braindances are just another version of Neuralink? In the game Braindances are EXTREMELY dangerous and risky. The game makes them look like the mental equivalent of having unprotected sex with a stripper you just got a dance from. THAT'S what Musk wants his Neuralink to get compared to??

Nah, he just decided that the fundamental concept of brain implants belongs to him now, since he retroactively invented them.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"Imagine, if u will, participating in a double-cross murder... in your BRAIN, except it's real"

yeah that sure was the tutorial of cyberpunk, elon

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Aramis posted:

Nah, he just decided that the fundamental concept of brain implants belongs to him now, since he retroactively invented them.

If anything it belongs to Chuck Palahniuk, the author of the novel Rant, because part of that story involves a device for recording, distribution, and playback of sensory events and phenomenona that's WAY closer to Braindances than the Neuralink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ProfessorMarvel posted:

If anything it belongs to Chuck Palahniuk, the author of the novel Rant, because part of that story involves a device for recording, distribution, and playback of sensory events and phenomenona that's WAY closer to Braindances than the Neuralink.

that book came out in 2007

Cyberpunk is a tabletop RPG that came out in 1988